ADVERTISEMENT

Darien Chase in the portal

Shoot. He was one of the better looking freshman WR. Hope the new guys all make it and are the real deal.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Seems rather ridiculous given there is a new WR coach on board. IMO it makes no sense for any WRs to leave before staying through the end of Spring practice at least unless Frost himself told them to hit the bricks.
Could be having a rough winter...Nebraska: Its not for everybody. There are more early career transfers due to homesickness and winter weather than any of us would want to believe. People make really short-sighted decisions at 19 although looking at history and precedent playing football for Nebraska the last 20 years hasn't been a recipe for sustained success at any higher level.

Seems rather ridiculous given there is a new WR coach on board. IMO it makes no sense for any WRs to leave before staying through the end of Spring practice at least unless Frost himself told them to hit the bricks.
I could see him leaving specifically because there is a new receivers coach, but I'm speculating.

I could see us also taking a hit at OLB if a guy recruited by DeWitt dislikes Dawson.

Really had high hopes for him but it was also rather alarming that none of the newbies could break through last year, even with the crapfest after Wandale went out. Looking back at our classes, we’ve had zero production (excluding Wandale):

2017 - Keyshawn was too high and fat and still waiting on McQuitty.
2018 - Two guys getting kicked-off for sexual misconduct. Jones and McGriff transfer.
2019 - Chase is leaving. No sign of life from anyone else.

Really had high hopes for him but it was also rather alarming that none of the newbies could break through last year, even with the crapfest after Wandale went out. Looking back at our classes, we’ve had zero production (excluding Wandale):

2017 - Keyshawn was too high and fat and still waiting on McQuitty.
2018 - Two guys getting kicked-off for sexual misconduct. Jones and McGriff transfer.
2019 - Chase is leaving. No sign of life from anyone else.
Hickman at least got some snaps

Reactions: resdog851
Better pray that Manning and Betts qualify. The first 2 WR recruiting classes have been absolute busts (not counting Wandale who is not a true WR).

Reactions: TheBeav815
Better pray that Manning and Betts qualify. The first 2 WR recruiting classes have been absolute busts (not counting Wandale who is not a true WR).
I know Betts has work to do, but where are the Manning eligibility questions coming from?

We’ve either had the worst luck with receivers or we’re terrible evaluators.

I think the best way to create a great football roster is through attrition.

In my biz, employees (players) who suck or aren't happy get fired or leave. Talent wins. We find the right players at the right positions at the right time or we fail.

GBR

Shoot. He was one of the better looking freshman WR. Hope the new guys all make it and are the real deal.

"Better looking FR" doesn't mean shit.

Stats do.

This is the essence of sales. Dealing with empirical data, the offshoots get messy.

Don't sweat this one guys. Next man up. GBR

I hope he is safe and can get/be healthy. Wish him the best.

I hope the staff goes after a grad transfer to bring in some experience. Cant roll out 4 freshmen and a new juco and expect us to be any good, no matter the talent

I hope he is safe and can get/be healthy. Wish him the best.

I hope the staff goes after a grad transfer to bring in some experience. Cant roll out 4 freshmen and a new juco and expect us to be any good, no matter the talent
JD - 4th year starting
Wan'Dale - 2nd year starting
Kade - 3rd year in the system
Manning - hopefully so gigantic experience doesn't matter

plenty of guys to help the youngsters along

Hickman at least got some snaps
Hickman needs to learn to block and understand the offense. Having said that, I remember back when Cethan Carter was a freshman or sophmore, we ran a play in the endzone and the RB foolishly backtracked back into the endzone and got tackled two yards deep for a safety. Young Cethan totally blew his block and his guy met the RB in the endzone. If Cethan just made the block, it would have been at least a 5-6 yard gain. The RB saw the blown block he was going to run by and tried to correct it instead of just hitting the nonexistent hole for a one yard gain. Goes back to the Bill Belichick maxim of "just do your job". Cethan turned out pretty well. He is being paid to play football right now. More of our guys need to just do their job.

I hope that he’s leaving due to the 4 other guys that are coming in. Receiver has been the most disappointing position since SF took over, specially since they play such a vital part in this offense.
We need at least 3 new guys to come in and make a difference.
Most freshman aren't going to make a difference. And Darrien Chase was just a redshirt freshman. I thought he had the most talent out of his class. I'm thinking he's leaving due to personal or family reasons than anything related to on the field.

Most freshman aren't going to make a difference. And Darrien Chase was just a redshirt freshman. I thought he had the most talent out of his class. I'm thinking he's leaving due to personal or family reasons than anything related to on the field.

Wake up OldJar. He can't compete.

I'll say it.

He’s leaving for mental health related issues, nothing against our staff or the state of Nebraska.

ADVERTISEMENT