ADVERTISEMENT

Dang, Spring Game tickets selling fast.

Spring Game attendance is always heavily dependent on the weather. A nice day brings hoards of fans to the stadium. A cold/rainy day makes them stay at home. We'll see what the weather is like for this Spring Game.

Reactions: ssmill777
Spring Game attendance is always heavily dependent on the weather. A nice day brings hoards of fans to the stadium. A cold/rainy day makes them stay at home. We'll see what the weather is like for this Spring Game.
Yeah, it could easily be a 5K swing either way, just on the weather forecast.

Spring Game is one of the major demonstrations of fan support, great for recruiting…. especially for a team that hasn’t been to a bowl game in 6 years.
It’s pretty remarkable.

Reactions: saluno22
I’ll be there and the temp should be pretty set around 70, perfect. Looks like possible rain Thursday and Friday so just hoping that doesn’t get pushed into Saturday. Looking good right now!

I’ll be there and the temp should be pretty set around 70, perfect. Looks like possible rain Thursday and Friday so just hoping that doesn’t get pushed into Saturday. Looking good right now!

My phone says high of 63° A few showers early with mostly cloudy conditions. Winds NE 10-20 mph. 30% chance of rain

Gotta think that this wind pushes all. that rain. through before next Saturday.

I will be there, sadly my friends have tickets and. actually want to watch some of the game inside the stadium, but that just means we will have to sneak in some booze.

Approximate debut spring game attendance for the last 4 new coaches...
2004- Callahan, 61K (warm weather, no tv)
2008- Pelini, 80K (warm weather, no tv)
2015- Riley, 77K (warm weather, televised)
2018- Frost, 87K (cold weather, televised)

High numbers for Pelini and Frost make sense.

It was beautiful weather for Callahan's debut. I remember he did a double take looking at all the fans in the stadium when he ran onto the field. I thought more people would be interested in the unveiling of the WCO. Perhaps the Solich firing was still to raw for some.

For being a questionable hire, Riley's debut had high attendance numbers. The weather was really nice.

Reactions: BleedRed78
This is exactly right. The Northern states are at a big disadvantage. My daughter and son-in-law live in the Columbus area and have been to several OSU Spring games ( $7.00 admission ) and have missed the last 3 years because of crappy weather. He's an OSU grad. In fact, one year they packed over 100,000 with 20.000 more outside. And those are legit figures as they charge an admission price

But in all honesty, Nebraska is the nost impressive - by far. OSU's campus is only 1 1/2 miles from a major metropolitan area - I believe Columbus has almost one million inside the city limits and around 2.3 million with its suburbs - more than the whole state of Nebraska. My point - Nebraska has the strongest fan base in CF - PERIOD

Last edited:
I hope they put the visitors live pictures up on the screen so they can hear what the fans think of them.

They charge quite a bit for the game, right?
Don’t know why they don’t do $10 tix

It is on TV this year, right?

I will be down there and hopefully just in the stadium for a bit!

I hope this passion stays when we start 0-2. But love the energy.

giphy.gif

I would imagine a slow down of sales as people wait on the weather.

Anything without rain/wind and over 50 will be fine.

"2008- Pelini, 80K (warm weather, no tv)"

No TV that year still chaps my ass. I need to let it go.
Nebraska was still in the Big 12 in 2008. I believe you're thinking of the first Big 10 spring game in 2011, which was cancelled at the last minute due to weather. That one still frustrates me as well. I had a house party set up to watch the spring game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT