ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Patrick says possible October 10th start

So we have just admitted delaying the season was a giant screw up? I will be curious to see how this is set up. Do we just go longer than everyone else and then get to be part of the Bowls, etc? Or are we on a different schedule, with fewer games? Glad that we might be playing, but so many unanswered questions.

Hopefully this won't require a vote of any kind. That can get a bit sticky.

Reactions: headcard
LOL,Moving the goal post again..
By next week at this rate they’ll be starting at the end of September:)

May as well. Hell, there are already tens of thousands of students on campus. What's 150 more on each campus?

If they start in October or even early Nov, that's an admission they miscalculated, because there is basically no difference in the COVID situation now versus August when they decided. When they made the announcement that the Pac12 and Big10 were postponing the season, I don't imagine they expected the remaining P5 conferences to go ahead with the season.
And I haven't actually heard any word about the Pac12. It must suck to be one of the few hardcore football fans of those programs because they're afterthoughts.

Rittenberg “The Big Ten...remains...mess”
Sounds about right
So the only things holding this up are
1) A vote (that always goes well in the BIG!)
2) Medical rapid testing with myocardial screens, should be fine there
3) Great unknown risk/liability that has fubar-ed this whole thing from the start
Sounds about right
I do think there’s some positive traction this week, we’ll see

Rittenberg “The Big Ten...remains...mess”
Sounds about right
So the only things holding this up are
1) A vote (that always goes well in the BIG!)
2) Medical rapid testing with myocardial screens, should be fine there
3) Great unknown risk/liability that has fubar-ed this whole thing from the start
Sounds about right
I do think there’s some positive traction this week, we’ll see
why should college fb players get access to rapid tests and the general population cannot?

Sir Yacht and Big 10 fans across the country...

dab3r64-48eff98c-f0ef-4fc4-9d46-55ae3953630c.gif

Reactions: cmblizz96
If they start in October or even early Nov, that's an admission they miscalculated, because there is basically no difference in the COVID situation now versus August when they decided. When they made the announcement that the Pac12 and Big10 were postponing the season, I don't imagine they expected the remaining P5 conferences to go ahead with the season.
And I haven't actually heard any word about the Pac12. It must suck to be one of the few hardcore football fans of those programs because they're afterthoughts.
Who cares. I just want to see some football. Oct 10 makes a heck of a lot more sense than Thanksgiving.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT