ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Patrick: Mertz "likely" tested positive prior to the Illinois game

Which is why it spread on the team

Maybe his source is incorrect. If, in fact, it's correct, that program should be suspended for the season.
Thanks for posting! I heard something to this effect on radio as well but couldn’t find a link on the web. It is most likely people are already infected with COVID-19 prior to testing positive but I did find on the web that all Wisconsin players tested negative on Friday of their game against Illinois. So if he was in fact positive but they fudged it so he could play Illinois, Wisconsin should be punished for being shady.

Reactions: tpmcg and jockos
Thanks for posting! I heard something to this effect on radio as well but couldn’t find a link on the web. It is most likely people are already infected with COVID-19 prior to testing positive but I did find on the web that all Wisconsin players tested negative on Friday of their game against Illinois. So if he was in fact positive but they fudged it so he could play Illinois, Wisconsin should be punished for being shady.

They should have to forfeit the Nebraska game..

Isn’t this the point where we would dismiss the report as nonsense from a liberal media hack? Or because we actually like this story we will treat it differently?

Are you not seeing what I am seeing, more than one person with a qualification regarding the truth of the matter? Doesn't that sort of spoil your post?

Is there no neutral oversight of the testing? Is it seriously just each team doing their own tests and on their honor not to lie about the results?

Because it's almost like this is the exact scenario everyone talked about back in July and August, some team's starting QBs catching it and then what would people do.

Call it a throw-away season all you want but the programs know it isn't. The money is real and the criticism is real if coaches lose. We already got our "fire Frost" drunks on this board during the OSU game, exactly one game removed from "oh my God just any football, anything is better than no football we'll be so grateful."

The incentive is there to lie and run kids out there who tested positive. One win can be enough to save or lose your job.

Is there no neutral oversight of the testing? Is it seriously just each team doing their own tests and on their honor not to lie about the results?

Because it's almost like this is the exact scenario everyone talked about back in July and August, some team's starting QBs catching it and then what would people do.

Call it a throw-away season all you want but the programs know it isn't. The money is real and the criticism is real if coaches lose. We already got our "fire Frost" drunks on this board during the OSU game, exactly one game removed from "oh my God just any football, anything is better than no football we'll be so grateful."

The incentive is there to lie and run kids out there who tested positive. One win can be enough to save or lose your job.
the incentive is also there to self-impose a shutdown in order to miss only 1 game instead of several.

it's not about wisc being afraid to play NU. it's about them gaming their own system at the detriment of others.

the incentive is also there to self-impose a shutdown in order to miss only 1 game instead of several.

it's not about wisc being afraid to play NU. it's about them gaming their own system at the detriment of others.

Alvarez is a low-down, ruthless vato.

Reactions: nwualum
Many people wondered if Mertz and others had to be positive or contagious Friday for Illinois game to increase so quickly.

It's possible but can you blame them? They're stupid if they don't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT