ADVERTISEMENT

Damon Benning on Staff

Sep 28, 2022
Mickey has talked to Damon and he will be on staff in some capacity no matter who the coach is. I love it. Damon speaks the truth and doesn’t hold back at all. Mickey needs to keep leading the charge and tell trev to stay back. Trust in Mickey.
Damon will either be radio/pr or director of past player relations. I’m told former players will get badges to mentor current players around the campus. Head coach can focus on other things.

Mickey has talked to Damon and he will be on staff in some capacity no matter who the coach is. I love it. Damon speaks the truth and doesn’t hold back at all. Mickey needs to keep leading the charge and tell trev to stay back. Trust in Mickey.
Damon will either be radio/pr or director of past player relations. I’m told former players will get badges to mentor current players around the campus. Head coach can focus on other things.
Are you an insider?

Sweet….recruiting like the SEC!!😂

Is this for real?

• Haha
Reactions: huntered
MrW5mUX.gif

Just asking, Davison and Benning are friends. Benning and Severe are friends and work together for a couple years. Assistants reported Frosts misdeeds to the athletic department. The girls golf team reported their complaints to the athletic department. So why would anyone support, Severe, Benning, Davison or Alberts on any position with the athletic department when they put their interest over the needs of the program ? Sure I got it, no one is perfect but when these guys chose to keep quiet and cost the state and university tens of millions of dollars you just want to give them another job related to the program. If they are that good they could work for Creighton.

Reactions: Vitalis Jackson
Just asking, Davison and Benning are friends. Benning and Severe are friends and work together for a couple years. Assistants reported Frosts misdeeds to the athletic department. The girls golf team reported their complaints to the athletic department. So why would anyone support, Severe, Benning, Davison or Alberts on any position with the athletic department when they put their interest over the needs of the program ? Sure I got it, no one is perfect but when these guys chose to keep quiet and cost the state and university tens of millions of dollars you just want to give them another job related to the program. If they are that good they could work for Creighton.
Can you elaborate? I've never heard this one

Damon “speaks the truth” that is a load of..... Damon said two weeks ago on the radio he could no longer support Frost, but said he would not go into it. He worked with Severe and obviously found out what Severe knew.. Being as close to the program as he was, for four years he echoed the mantra, “we’re headed in the tight direction” These media people carried water for Frost to keep their access, then they act like they did nothing wrong. And if Mickey says he supports Benning coming on staff, he does not deserve the HC position. I got it, that’s my opinion and no one seems to agree, but if the media is not going to be honest in the little things, how do you expect to get the right coach. And it’s obvious the media wasn’t honest about Frost.

Damon “speaks the truth” that is a load of..... Damon said two weeks ago on the radio he could no longer support Frost, but said he would not go into it. He worked with Severe and obviously found out what Severe knew.. Being as close to the program as he was, for four years he echoed the mantra, “we’re headed in the tight direction” These media people carried water for Frost to keep their access, then they act like they did nothing wrong. And if Mickey says he supports Benning coming on staff, he does not deserve the HC position. I got it, that’s my opinion and no one seems to agree, but if the media is not going to be honest in the little things, how do you expect to get the right coach. And it’s obvious the media wasn’t honest about Frost.
To be fair, you can’t corroborate rumors you here if nobody will talk about it. Then there’s the fact that some of our media are drunken stooges too. Clearly now that he’s no longer employed by NU the muzzles are off and the snitches are telling all.

Oh great, another dumb fvck newbie with a 30 IQ. Delightful.
Well in his defense, if this had been brought up 5 years ago, 99% of people would be tripping over themselves while barking in approval like circus seals

does it really matter if Damon gets hired for some kind of PR role? I don't think it's a big deal.

It doesn't matter who you hire, they are going to hire a few friends or family.. it's how the world works.

As long as you are putting people in positions that they will be successful at.. and that part is key.

if you put people in the wrong spots, then eventually you all get fired.

Reactions: WHCSC
Totally believable ... Mickey may not even be retained, but he can guarantee that a local talking head will be hired by whoever is the next head coach. Got it.

Reactions: Red Runney
Don’t know WTF ur talking about but woman’s golf is in the top 20!
FWIW

@Greg Smith can ya'll update the confirmed official visitors list? Thanks

I checked the rumor out, sounds like frost was drunken slacker (kinda explains onside kick up by 11) and used the golf simulator too much, which pissed the womens golf team off...which kinda sounds inline with what trev said about wanting a grinder...

wow, and to think I wanted to hire urban from utah in 2004...

Totally believable ... Mickey may not even be retained, but he can guarantee that a local talking head will be hired by whoever is the next head coach. Got it.
Mickey has been told he is back regardless. He will also be consulted throughout the search as he wants that is best for Nebraska.

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
Can you elaborate? I've never heard this one
Scott and Matt D were using the golf team's golf simulator so much the student athletes couldnt get work in so they went to Trev and complained. Yes our coach we paid $5M a year to bring us back to relevance was wasting his time playing a golf sim.

Reactions: tjlSker90
Scott and Matt D were using the golf team's golf simulator so much the student athletes couldnt get work in so they went to Trev and complained. Yes our coach we paid $5M a year to bring us back to relevance was wasting his time playing a golf sim.
I wonder if it improved his golf game?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT