ADVERTISEMENT

Damon Benning on Staff

These dork(s) show up like cockroaches in a restaurant, gotta have some fun with them. And I had oatmeal this morning, thank you very much! 😉
Seinfeld Soup GIF

Scott and Matt D were using the golf team's golf simulator so much the student athletes couldnt get work in so they went to Trev and complained. Yes our coach we paid $5M a year to bring us back to relevance was wasting his time playing a golf sim.
I also heard Scott played from the womens tees on the sim. Guy was always looking 4 the eazy way

Reactions: Greg Smith
Just asking, Davison and Benning are friends. Benning and Severe are friends and work together for a couple years. Assistants reported Frosts misdeeds to the athletic department. The girls golf team reported their complaints to the athletic department. So why would anyone support, Severe, Benning, Davison or Alberts on any position with the athletic department when they put their interest over the needs of the program ? Sure I got it, no one is perfect but when these guys chose to keep quiet and cost the state and university tens of millions of dollars you just want to give them another job related to the program. If they are that good they could work for Creighton.
“Davidson and Benning are friends”, so what? You assume that Davidson told Benning anything about frost or Benning has any knowledge of Frost so-called Misdoings? Frost and Davidson are also friends? You think Matt’s airing out Scott’s dirty laundry? Your making a really weak case.

if your snake bit that Damon’s relationship with Mickey will turn out like frosts relationship with Matt, that’s fine. Still a little weak but ok. But to allege that Benning knew about Frost is unproven and until we see proof, have no issues of DB being on staff.

would you rat your friend out to another friend on something that doesn’t effect them? Is that your MO?

What does Benning add to the staff his experience as high school coach?

Wasn’t Benning the Head Coach at Omaha Northwest at one time not to mention they were not a very good team..

If Damon ends up doing color announcing job, I'll never listen again.

I like Damon....used to visit quite a bit with him at a gym we both belonged to a while back. Thought he was a great dude and loved listening to him and other ex players BS about Husker football......seemed pretty smart about the game to me, and he seemed like a very likable dude. I'd be all for having him on staff, I'm sure it would be a great thing for recruiting to...

Seems to me one of the problems that got Nebraska where they are today is hiring and bringing back all these former players to re-enact 1995.

You would think that after getting burned a few times the leadership would stick to hiring whose best qualified rather than bringing in a square peg former player and pounding them into a round hole so to speak.

The mistake they made with Davison would in my mind be repeated with hiring Benning.

But by all means continue to do what you've been doing as the rest of the B1G enjoys it!

“Davidson and Benning are friends”, so what? You assume that Davidson told Benning anything about frost or Benning has any knowledge of Frost so-called Misdoings? Frost and Davidson are also friends? You think Matt’s airing out Scott’s dirty laundry? Your making a really weak case.

if your snake bit that Damon’s relationship with Mickey will turn out like frosts relationship with Matt, that’s fine. Still a little weak but ok. But to allege that Benning knew about Frost is unproven and until we see proof, have no issues of DB being on staff.

would you rat your friend out to another friend on something that doesn’t effect them? Is that your MO?
His actions were reported to the athletic department. Benning worked with and was a friend with Severe. All the media and you and I saw for four years absolutely no improvement, yet every one including Benning kept saying, “we’re headed in the right direction”. If Frost offers Benning kid a scholarship how many other D1 schools follow? The national media hears and reports some of these “rumors”. So you think Benning was in a box and didn’t know anything, and suddenly four months ago just started

His actions were reported to the athletic department. Benning worked with and was a friend with Severe. All the media and you and I saw for four years absolutely no improvement, yet every one including Benning kept saying, “we’re headed in the right direction”. If Frost offers Benning kid a scholarship how many other D1 schools follow? The national media hears and reports some of these “rumors”. So you think Benning was in a box and didn’t know anything, and suddenly four months ago just changed his mind about Frost. And it’s just a coincidence that Benning now gets offered a position close to the program. YOU ARE RIGHT, I just don’t understand why no one in the local media cared to report any accusations or tried to uncover why week to week for four years there was no improvement.

Would I rat out a friend, I don’t know, but I would not just set by and let a program that I have loved for fifty years go down the drain without asking questions if it was my job. And you can probably bet that Severe, Benning and Davison haven’t followed this program for fifty years. And if I am wrong, how much did it cost, not 35 million.

Would I rat out a friend, no but I would like to think I’d do my job especially if it affected the local economy to the tune of 35 to 75 million dollars. I’d like to think I could ask my friend and those related to the program some hard questions.

Seems to me one of the problems that got Nebraska where they are today is hiring and bringing back all these former players to re-enact 1995.

You would think that after getting burned a few times the leadership would stick to hiring whose best qualified rather than bringing in a square peg former player and pounding them into a round hole so to speak.

The mistake they made with Davison would in my mind be repeated with hiring Benning.

But by all means continue to do what you've been doing as the rest of the B1G enjoys it!
Maybe we need to re-enact 95 instead of 97!!

I checked the rumor out, sounds like frost was drunken slacker (kinda explains onside kick up by 11) and used the golf simulator too much, which pissed the womens golf team off...which kinda sounds inline with what trev said about wanting a grinder...

wow, and to think I wanted to hire urban from utah in 2004...
Scott and Matt D were using the golf team's golf simulator so much the student athletes couldnt get work in so they went to Trev and complained. Yes our coach we paid $5M a year to bring us back to relevance was wasting his time playing a golf sim.

can we please stop repeating this one? i want to believe the frost rumors but knowing that this one is false leaves me no choice but to disbelieve the other ones you idiots spread

Reactions: OzzyLvr
can we please stop repeating this one? i want to believe the frost rumors but knowing that this one is false leaves me no choice but to disbelieve the other ones you idiots spread
I was just repeating what the rumor was, cause folks asked...weither it's true or not is another matter,,thats why decernment is vital in this modern age

Reactions: tjlSker90
I’m thinking if you or I earned 5 mil a year to turn that team around, every waking moment not needed by my family would be spent trying to do just what I was paid for. I could be wrong though cause I really like golf.
hope he does better at golf than what he done as a hc

Mickey has talked to Damon and he will be on staff in some capacity no matter who the coach is. I love it. Damon speaks the truth and doesn’t hold back at all. Mickey needs to keep leading the charge and tell trev to stay back. Trust in Mickey.
Damon will either be radio/pr or director of past player relations. I’m told former players will get badges to mentor current players around the campus. Head coach can focus on other things.
Are you insane? Damon is an after the fact know it all. They need to keep him as far as possible away from the program. You do realize how the Matt Davison experiment worked out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT