ADVERTISEMENT

Damnnnnn Tom Izzo

Palmer is a joke, and I told you if he was yall wouldnt be shit

I agree, he just isn't a winning player. He makes so many mistakes he has to be hot to overcome all the mistakes. We have 3 really consistent players and 2 very inconsistent players, Roby and Palmer. I'm usually yelling at Palmer even when they say he has a good game.

Reactions: inorbit
If Palmer is any good then I need to stop watching because he hasn't ever done anything in any of the games that I have watched. MSU's guard had a career night. Our supposed star, ran away & hid.

Palmer had a bad night, no doubt about it. But he still ended up scoring 24 points somehow...even if you take away the garbage time points, he still scored a LOT of points for having such a horrible shooting night. I remember the (rare) nights Jordan would only score like 8 points. Happens to the best of players and give the MSU guard a LOT of credit he was playing great defense for the most part. Credit the guys for 20 in a row at home as well.

Reactions: 9and4 and headcard
You know, you can just get the hell out of here with comments like this. If you want to critique a players game fine, but to insult players like this is just not going to be tolerated anymore. I’m tired of people trashing players. If you want to say that something is different with Palmer’s game right now and he is being inefficient while getting his points, that’s fine, but to say he’s a joke is idiotic.

Palmer had a bad night, no doubt about it. But he still ended up scoring 24 points somehow...even if you take away the garbage time points, he still scored a LOT of points for having such a horrible shooting night. I remember the (rare) nights Jordan would only score like 8 points. Happens to the best of players and give the MSU guard a LOT of credit he was playing great defense for the most part. Credit the guys for 20 in a row at home as well.
I don’t disagree with the premise of your post but your comparison to Jordan is incorrect. Jordan scored under double figures once in his career as a Bull. It came in his second season, five games after he returned from a foot injury. Even then it was 8 points.

Once. As a bull.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
You know, you can just get the hell out of here with comments like this. If you want to critique a players game fine, but to insult players like this is just not going to be tolerated anymore. I’m tired of people trashing players. If you want to say that something is different with Palmer’s game right now and he is being inefficient while getting his points, that’s fine, but to say he’s a joke is idiotic.

The guy is a Creighton fan. Which makes it pretty funny considering Palmer went in dry vs them.

giphy.gif

We hit a few more 3's we win, we didn't so we lost. No shame in losing to Izzo and that team. They're damn good! Seems like the kids get down on themselves easy. Just need to find that swagger they played with early in the year. Really tough conference!

We hit a few more 3's we win, we didn't so we lost. No shame in losing to Izzo and that team. They're damn good! Seems like the kids get down on themselves easy. Just need to find that swagger they played with early in the year. Really tough conference!

I agree with Kaz, seems like their legs were not under them last night seemed tired and when your legs are tired you start missing jump shots which was apparent last night shooting only 5-26 missing 15 trays in a row..

Reactions: dinglefritz
Izzo is obviously a WAY better coach than Miles, but we have had some success against MSU the last few years. Inexplicably
Makes me wonder what this team could have been if we had a half competent coach. With Izzo we are probably undefeated at most 2 loss and top 5.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
Guarantee we are better than what we are currently. He is the bball version of Mike Riley. An average coach at best.

You did say unbeaten right? Not even Izzo is unbeaten and has lost 2 games..That's my point.

Izzo has 5 star recruits playing against our 3 star recruits and 4 star transfers. We got beat by 6 points. I would say you have Izzo's balls in your mouth more than he's got "Miles by the balls". No offense of course.

We didn’t have a single 5 star on the floor and Goins is a former walk on who starts for us.

The other 4 starters are 4 stars though. Langford is the lone 5 star on the roster and he’s out injured.

Ahhh not defending Timmy, but he has beaten Izzo in East Lansing and in Lincoln before..
Great players make great coaches and we don't have players like MSU does. That guard is an NBA guard the day he leaves school. Their bigs are big AND athletic and pushed us around like middle schoolers. Cope and Heiman are just too skinny and Borchardt has short arms and can't jump. Nice players but we HAVE to be able to make shots if we're going to beat a team like MSU.

Palmer couldn't get to the rim most of the night which is what his whole game is built around. They helped on him and pushed him around and he didn't respond well to it. When things got loose late in the game, he was able to get in to his mode. Glynn as usual got beat up. Cope as usual got pushed around. Borchardt just wasn't a good matchup for their athletic strong bigs. We were just outclassed talent wise but man if some shots had fallen we were right there.

Just have a couple of the threes that went down and came out stay down and we are looking at a different outcome. Why does it seem Neb fans do not want to see things as they happened instead blame to coaching staff first then the guy that has lead this team in scoring for two seasons??

Said this in the game thread - but the reason NU didn’t knock down more 3s, or shots in general, was because of the intense defense MSU was playing. It took a tremendous amount of energy for NU players just to get in a position to take a makeable shot. Eventually you are going to begin leaving them short, or you’re going to be off just enough that you miss.

That is credit to MSU’s ability to defend. Add NU’s lack of depth to the equation and you have a tough loss at home.

Reactions: dinglefritz
The real idiots are the ones that can't actually critique a players game and instead just call them horrible players, trash, garbage, etc. James Palmer is one of the top scoring players in the conference and yet he is garbage? Yes, he has become less efficient in his scoring this year and has relied on the jump shot a lot more this year than last year when we saw him put the ball on the floor and go to the hoop and either score or get fouled. What I think has happened to him is that after last year, he went out and got a draft grade and was told that in order to get drafted, he needed to become a better 3 point shooter. He worked all offseason to become a better shooter and has been on a mission to prove that he can be a 3 point shooter and it has made him less efficient.

I agree with Kaz, seems like their legs were not under them last night seemed tired and when your legs are tired you start missing jump shots which was apparent last night shooting only 5-26 missing 15 trays in a row..
I said it in another thread that I think the lack of bench depth is starting to affect these guys and we have seen some games where they just don't look like they have a lot of energy. They looked like they got their legs back under them against Indiana and we saw what this team can do when they play with energy. I wasn't able to watch last nights game, so I don't know if that was an issue last night that caused their bad shooting or if it was bad shot selection.

Izzo has 5 star recruits playing against our 3 star recruits and 4 star transfers. We got beat by 6 points. I would say you have Izzo's balls in your mouth more than he's got "Miles by the balls". No offense of course.
Our starting 5:
Glynn Watson 4 star
Thomas Allen 4 star
James Palmer 4 star(transfer)
Isaac Copeland 5 star(transfer)
Isaiah Roby 4 star
And what does it matter if someone was a transfer. Transfers are a big part of college basketball and I don't understand people that bash Miles for bringing in transfers as a way of recruiting. Some of our best players lately have been transfers(Palmer, Copeland, White, Pitchford, Petteway). So what if they were transfers, they still had to be recruited.

Reactions: headcard
Great players make great coaches and we don't have players like MSU does. That guard is an NBA guard the day he leaves school. Their bigs are big AND athletic and pushed us around like middle schoolers. Cope and Heiman are just too skinny and Borchardt has short arms and can't jump. Nice players but we HAVE to be able to make shots if we're going to beat a team like MSU.

If we had great players Mike Riley would be great? While I agree great players make a coach look better. I believe great coaches make average players good, and great players champions. Some coaches are just average no matter what level of player they have.

If we had great players Mike Riley would be great? While I agree great players make a coach look better. I believe great coaches make average players good, and great players champions. Some coaches are just average no matter what level of player they have.
I didn't make that quote up. John Wooden did.

Reactions: husker2612
Players do matter. I do seem to recall Frost taking mostly Riley players to the same 4-8 record that Riley did. Just sayin.... Basketball is a somewhat different animal than football. A great player freelancing in basketball can work pretty well. Not so much in football.

I am hearing from more people with contacts in the athletic department that there is an illness that is being recirculated among the players (and coaches). Players are struggling with their strength and stamina. It is frustrating given the level of talent on the team.

Players do matter. I do seem to recall Frost taking mostly Riley players to the same 4-8 record that Riley did. Just sayin.... Basketball is a somewhat different animal than football. A great player freelancing in basketball can work pretty well. Not so much in football.
am I correct to believe you think riley= frost?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT