ADVERTISEMENT

Dak's contract....

litespeedhuskerfan

Nebraska Legend
Aug 27, 2006
'Boys offered him 175mil for 5 years....why didn't he sign that .0001 seconds after offered??? So glad I'm not a Cowboy fan...no way I could get behind that QB at that kind of price.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
He had a good year or 2. I don't have faith in him as a quality QB. Romo was better.

NFL contracts are almost always funny money. We have no idea about how much of that $175 million offer is guaranteed vs non-guaranteed. There are also guarantees that are only for injury, meaning that a portion is only guaranteed if you are seriously injured. It could be something like $75 million non-injury guaranteed, and the cowboys could theoretically move on after only two years and he wouldn't get $100 million of his supposed $175 million contract. In any event, good money if you can get it... but good on him to try to get more guaranteed.

Not a cowboy fan so I hope he gets a giant deal and it totally hamstrings the franchise.

Cowboys offered Dak a 5 year $175 million but he wants 4 years with a $106 million guaranteed upfront. If he agrees to the 5 years he wants upwards of $45 million for the fifth year.

I'd franchise him...I would not offer him that kind of money without a little more data. If it pisses him off so be it.

'Boys offered him 175mil for 5 years....why didn't he sign that .0001 seconds after offered??? So glad I'm not a Cowboy fan...no way I could get behind that QB at that kind of price.

If you're a fan of the NFL, you should support that type of price. NFL players are the most underpaid athletes in professional sports.

Every NFL team earns almost $300 Million each season in revenue sharing before selling a single ticket, hot dog, beer, t-shirt, or local radio spot is sold.

The NFL salary cap for 2020 will be right about $198 million. This means each team is pocketing between 80 to 100 million without a drop of operating revenue.

NFL players don't have guaranteed contracts while participating in the most dangerous of all sports.

In comparison, more than 75% of NBA players, with all guaranteed contracts, earned more than Patrick Mahomes last season.

They better get him signed now or the price will go up. He'll have a better offensive line this year and likely a better season. He's never been injured, and guys like Deshaun Watson and Mahomes are going to reset the market yet again.

Reactions: jeans15 and kakdawg
If you're a fan of the NFL, you should support that type of price. NFL players are the most underpaid athletes in professional sports.

Every NFL team earns almost $300 Million each season in revenue sharing before selling a single ticket, hot dog, beer, t-shirt, or local radio spot is sold.

The NFL salary cap for 2020 will be right about $198 million. This means each team is pocketing between 80 to 100 million without a drop of operating revenue.

NFL players don't have guaranteed contracts while participating in the most dangerous of all sports.

In comparison, more than 75% of NBA players, with all guaranteed contracts, earned more than Patrick Mahomes last season.

Raise the cap then....as it is, that is to much for a slightly above average QB when you factor in the cap.

Jerruh Jones needs to pay up big time. Write him a blank check, 100% upfront, no stipulations.
mr_burns.jpg

#gobirds

Reactions: HuskerDana
He had a career year and most NFL talking heads think he gained massive leverage. He does it again and they'll pay through the nose. But wait... this is the whole "he's an 8 win qb" thing again, isn't it? I'm not really an NFL fan and not a Cowboys or Dak fan, but the economics are pretty clear and he's a top 1/3 guy.

Mahomes should hold out until he's getting $50M/year from KC.

he's set to make $850k this year.

Reactions: TFrazier

The NBA players have a ridiculously good deal for them BUT you have to remember that those NFL revenues have to pay a few more than the 17 guys on an NBA roster In addition the coaching staff is more numerous for the NFL as well. You're comparing apples to oranges.

The NBA players have a ridiculously good deal for them BUT you have to remember that those NFL revenues have to pay a few more than the 17 guys on an NBA roster In addition the coaching staff is more numerous for the NFL as well. You're comparing apples to oranges.

No I'm not.

The salary cap is still 80 to 100 million less than the shared revenue payment for each NFL team. Their profits are 2 to 3 times an NBA franchise.

im all for getting paid what your worth, but i’ll have a hard time worrying too much about pro football pay, for the time being.

Reactions: dinglefritz
If they pay him that much the cowboys can say goodbye to any chance for the superbowl, or even making a run in the playoffs. Every team that has paid their QB gets crippled. Atlanta, Rams, Packers, Saints, Minnesota, Detroit etc all paid their QB's and haven't won a super bowl. I say they pull his offer and ride with Andy Dalton. I don't think he's much of a downgrade from Dak and they can use that money to get some Dudes on the team.
I don't see anyone else paying Dak close to what he's asking for. If he doesn't take the franchise tag he's going to end up like Jamies and take a 1 million dollar/year salary.

Reactions: dinglefritz
No I'm not.

The salary cap is still 80 to 100 million less than the shared revenue payment for each NFL team. Their profits are 2 to 3 times an NBA franchise.
Cry me a river for Dak Prescott. If anything I would like to see the bottom tier's base salaries rise instead of further overpaying a "star". He's only a star because of the guys around him.

Dak Prescott, Russell Wilson headline NFL's top 10 deep passers

httrtiv5us06hh6asf07
Dak Prescott

Dallas Cowboys · QB
Comp pct: 44.4. Expected comp pct: 31. Difference: +13.4 percentage points.
TD-to-INT ratio: 6:2. Passer rating: 109.7.

Best in the NFL last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT