ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo made same mistake....

ru4nu2win

All-American
May 2, 2006
As Frost! Play the veteran thru 5 games, then bench him. Only way this crap stops!

Dabo botched the QB situation, but is a young coach and will learn from his mistake.

A young coach with a championship trophy under his belt. I actually applaud him for what he did, even though it’s going to cost his team a chance at the playoff this year. Coaches like Urban Meyer would have done what most on this board would have done.

Reactions: WHCSC
A young coach with a championship trophy under his belt. I actually applaud him for what he did, even though it’s going to cost his team a chance at the playoff this year. Coaches like Urban Meyer would have done what most on this board would have done.

I actually agree. I just find it funny how many criticized Frost after Gebbia left saying how Frost made a mistake by not waiting longer to name a starter and he would learn from it. If you are going to say that then they should also criticize Dabo. While it may hurt Clemson I respect what Dabo did.

I actually agree. I just find it funny how many criticized Frost after Gebbia left saying how Frost made a mistake by not waiting longer to name a starter and he would learn from it. If you are going to say that then they should also criticize Dabo. While it may hurt Clemson I respect what Dabo did.
I don't think Dabo did it on purpose and I don't know that it was best for the kid. I don't think either coach really thought it was a possibility that the backup would leave. I know Frost especially kind of has an old school philosophy where you do what's best for the team. He's not used to the modern moral philosophy where it's ok to screw your team over if that means it's good for yourself.

Reactions: Wing-Back
I don't think Dabo did it on purpose and I don't know that it was best for the kid. I don't think either coach really thought it was a possibility that the backup would leave. I know Frost especially kind of has an old school philosophy where you do what's best for the team. He's not used to the modern moral philosophy where it's ok to screw your team over if that means it's good for yourself.

I just can’t imagine Dabo didn’t know. Dabo is a top coach and he didn’t think that benching his starting qb wouldn’t have consequences? The timing of this made me think that Dabo knew.

As for us, I remember that Frost said that had he known that Gebbia was going to transfer, he would have done things differently. And I believe he would have given Bunchy the number 2 spot and given him more reps. Oh well, that’s behind us.

I just can’t imagine Dabo didn’t know. Dabo is a top coach and he didn’t think that benching his starting qb wouldn’t have consequences? The timing of this made me think that Dabo knew.

As for us, I remember that Frost said that had he known that Gebbia was going to transfer, he would have done things differently. And I believe he would have given Bunchy the number 2 spot and given him more reps. Oh well, that’s behind us.
Dabo said himself he didn't know and didn't think it was a possibility. This really hasn't been a common theme until recently. If you want to think they're dumb coaches, that's fine but both of them were blindsided by the backup deciding to leave.

Reactions: CatColumbia
Dabo botched the QB situation, but is a young coach and will learn from his mistake.
11 years as a HC, 48 years old, 7 consecutive 10-plus win seasons, 3 consecutive playoff appearance, played for 2 of the last 3 NLT. Is 48 and that track record the new 28 and second year at a MAC school? Asking for myself.

11 years as a HC, 48 years old, 7 consecutive 10-plus win seasons, 3 consecutive playoff appearance, played for 2 of the last 3 NLT. Is 48 and that track record the new 28 and second year at a MAC school? Asking for myself.

My poor attempt at sarcasm... Clearly Dabo has distuinguished himself as a top tier coach yet still had a player unexpectedly quit the team and transfer like Frost.

Reactions: Hugo_Stiglitz7
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT