ADVERTISEMENT

DAAAAAMN!

As impressive as Weaver is size wise, he has a very long way to go conditioning wise. I watched him during the spring game and he has very little endurance. I'm not dumping on the kid I'm just stating what the coaches already know. It's all up to Weaver, he could be a very good player if he dedicates himself and gets in shape.

As impressive as Weaver is size wise, he has a very long way to go conditioning wise. I watched him during the spring game and he has very little endurance. I'm not dumping on the kid I'm just stating what the coaches already know. It's all up to Weaver, he could be a very good player if he dedicates himself and gets in shape.
He may well need another year in the weight room along with watching his calories…

Fiest Is on the end , left to right at least is this photo.
the black guy is weaver, the white guy with guns is polarbear (hutmacher) and the bald guy is callahan, and the ty guy is the leader and has glasses

and weaver clearly has the best shirt

I'm unsure if Jailen will ever be a major contributor but I was amazed at his size. I didn't think it was possible for someone to make Ty Robinson look small. Eek

This is more evident in the video than in the video's photo thumbnail.

I thought Ty Robinson was a very large human being. I just watched this YouTube video where Ty is sitting next to Jailen Weaver. That there is a LARGE human being!!!

Hopefully they all can move around at their current size, tackle the ball carrier and get a few sacks/pressures. Winking

Now we have that settled who is who we can continue comments on the players.😉
These are JMHO but here goes:

Nash = Future star. As stated above, his arm wider than most legs. Eek
Colton = Seems motivated and will provide quality back-up minutes.
Ty = Current star who needs quality players to his sides so he can't be double teamed every down.
Jailen = Current clay that could be molded into a fine player. (Not sure if that happens but it's possible with that size.)

After checking the DL roster, the other interior D-Line guys who may contribute?

Drew = Has he / will he get here for this fall?
Wynn = Could start at nose. Perfect body size and shape. (6'3" & 305 = human bowling ball = hard to move)
Newson = No Opinion for me. Anybody else know anything?
Buckley = No Opinion for me. Anybody else know anything?
Black = No Opinion for me. Anybody else know anything?
Wilderman = Not sure he's even with the team anymore?

Last edited:
For a few plays at a time, it seems like Weaver could be disruptive simply by staying low and running into as many offensive players as he can. If one of them has the ball in his hands, then that's a bonus!

Polar Bear's forearms are bigger than many people's legs. 🐻‍❄️
When I watched that 6 minute clip earlier this week, something I noticed.

When Robinson hit the sled, it really moved. When Nash hit the sled, it really moved but not as far.

When Wynn hit the sled it did not move.

That doesn't tell anyone anything other than I don't want to go collar and elbow with any of the three.

When I watched that 6 minute clip earlier this week, something I noticed.

When Robinson hit the sled, it really moved. When Nash hit the sled, it really moved but not as far.

When Wynn hit the sled it did not move.

That doesn't tell anyone anything other than I don't want to go collar and elbow with any of the three.
What it’s worth, Ty’s job is more to move things. Nash and Wynn’s job is more not to be moved unless they choose to move. I don’t mean that as an absolute.

Reactions: BleedRed78
These are JMHO but here goes:

Nash = Future star. As stated above, his arm wider than most legs. Eek
Colton = Seems motivated and will provide quality back-up minutes.
Ty = Current star who needs quality players to his sides so he can't be double teamed every down.
Jailen = Current clay that could be molded into a fine player. (Not sure if that happens but it's possible with that size.)

After checking the DL roster, the other interior D-Line guys who may contribute?

Drew = Has he / will he get here for this fall?
Wynn = Could start at nose. Perfect body size and shape. (6'3" & 305 = human bowling ball = hard to move)
Newson = No Opinion for me. Anybody else know anything?
Buckley = No Opinion for me. Anybody else know anything?
Black = No Opinion for me. Anybody else know anything?
Wilderman = Not sure he's even with the team anymore?
Wildeman is definitely not on the team anymore.

Reactions: DerHusker
Someone that attends practice told me that on occasion weaver will just destroy the OL, but it's usually short lived.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Someone that attends practice told me that on occasion weaver will just destroy the OL, but it's usually short lived.
In high school I had to practice against a 6'8 350 lb behemoth similar to Weaver. Made me a pretty salty player lol you go against a guy that size with that kind of natural strength, you either get good real quick or you quit!

He was much like described here on Weaver though. Decent offensive tackle, but beatable. Defense, really only useful in disrupting short yardage plays and the like.

Reactions: redwine65
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT