ADVERTISEMENT

D1Baseball.com NCAA Tourney Projection (4/29)

Alum-Ni

Administrator
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2004
Link: http://www.d1baseball.com/analysis/field-of-64-projections-week-12/

Huskers are now out of the projected tournament field.........

Top Eight National Seeds
1. UCLA
2. LSU
3. Louisville
4. Texas A&M
5. Texas Christian
6. Vanderbilt
7. Florida State
8. Illinois

Los Angeles Regional
#1 UCLA vs. #4 Cal State-Bakersfield
#2 Virginia vs. #3 UC-Irvine

Iowa City Regional
#1 UC-Santa Barbara vs. #4 Creighton
#2 Iowa vs. #3 Kentucky

=============================

Baton Rouge Regional
#1 LSU vs. #4 Norfolk State
#2 Memphis vs. #3 Louisiana-Lafayette

Los Angeles Regional
#1 USC vs. #4 San Francisco
#2 Mississippi vs. #3 Cal State-Fullerton

Louisville Regional
#1 Louisville vs. #4 Rider
#2 Ohio State vs. #3 Bradley

Jupiter Regional
#1 Florida Atlantic vs. #4 Florida Gulf Coast
#2 North Carolina vs. #3 Michigan State

College Station Regional
#1 Texas A&M vs. #4 Illinois-Chicago
#2 Oregon State vs. #3 Southeastern Louisiana

Stillwater Regional
#1 Oklahoma State vs. #4 Southeast Missouri State
#2 Missouri State vs. #3 Oral Roberts

Fort Worth Regional
#1 Texas Christian vs. #4 Stony Brook
#2 Houston vs. #3 Missouri

Dallas Regional
#1 Dallas Baptist vs. #4 Central Michigan
#2 Arkansas vs. #3 Rice

Nashville Regional
#1 Vanderbilt vs. #4 Columbia
#2 Maryland vs. #3 North Carolina-Wilmington

Coral Gables Regional
#1 Miami (FL) vs. #4 Rhode Island
#2 South Florida vs. #3 California

Tallahassee Regional
#1 Florida State vs. #4 Alabama State
#2 Auburn vs. #3 East Carolina

Gainesville Regional
#1 Florida vs. #4 Mercer
#2 Radford vs. #3 Georgia Tech

Champaign Regional
#1 Illinois
vs. #4 Bryant
#2 College of Charleston vs. #3 Notre Dame

Phoenix Regional
#1 Arizona State vs. #4 Navy
#2 Coastal Carolina vs. #3 Nevada[/COLOR]

Five B1G teams in and we're out. I don't believe that for one minute. We will be in barring a crash and burn outcome vs NW and Purdue.

Kendall Rogers has miscalculated our prospects.

Five B1G teams in and we're out. I don't believe that for one minute. We will be in barring a crash and burn outcome vs NW and Purdue.

Kendall Rogers has miscalculated our prospects.

It appears Kendall has left us out due to our record vs the top 50 teams. Which rightfully so, is not good. But, then he puts teams like Wilmington and Rice in? Not adding up. I find it hard to believe that the committee would reward a team for playing a weak schedule over a team with a much higher RPI/SOS.

Top 15 RPI an SOS and get left out? What the hell is RPI for then...

The entire staff at d1baseball.com is on a mission to change or replace RPI. They hate it. I wonder if they are using Nebraska as a poster child for what they believe is RPI failure.

Particularly so because they blithely ignore our 17-1 record vs 51-100 RPI teams. Best in the nation in that category. Also, because, if RPI is useless, why all the to-do about a record vs T50 RPI? Thought it was useless.

Oddly, they don't present a coherent alternative to RPI. Wish they did.

What criteria does d1baseball.com want to use if not RPI?
I wish they would be clear about that. As I said, no coherent alternative offered.

To be fair to Kendall Rogers, it's his colleague, Erik Sorensen leading the way against RPI.

They probably want it based on surveys of people who run D1 Baseball websites... It's a small list.

If it's like basketball, the RPI has some faults. I remember reading a good article about it but dn't remember what the deal was

This shouldn't surprise anybody. The good thing is-they don't make the regional selections. It all comes down to what happens over the next several weeks. Get to 40 wins(counting B1G tournament games) and with our RPI I don't see how we aren't in.

Have to admit there is some merit in saying RPI is not exactly a great measurement. And many on here have pointed to the fact the NCAA has been somewhat of a slave to it.

Our RPI would point to us being a low 1 seed or high 2 seed. After watching this team for 45+ games does anybody here think that's where we deserve to be? Not me.

Reactions: donahues17
Have to admit there is some merit in saying RPI is not exactly a great measurement. And many on here have pointed to the fact the NCAA has been somewhat of a slave to it.

Our RPI would point to us being a low 1 seed or high 2 seed. After watching this team for 45+ games does anybody here think that's where we deserve to be? Not me.

Our high RPI tells me we're in, that's all. Our complete resume tells me we're a 3 seed right now.

I guess we will have to wait and see how we finish. I could see them going on a god run and winning all but one of the remaining games and I could see them losing all but one of the remaining games. Cant we just move our weekend series to the weekeday? We seem to have an offense during the week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT