ADVERTISEMENT

D1Baseball.com NCAA Tournament Projection (4/7)

Alum-Ni

Administrator
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2004

Fayetteville Regional
Arkansas
Oklahoma State
Nebraska
Lehigh

Top 16 National Seeds
1. Vanderbilt
2. Arkansas
3. TCU
4. Texas Tech
5. Mississippi
6. East Carolina
7. Notre Dame
8. Arizona
9. Mississippi State
10. Texas
11. Louisiana Tech
12. Tennessee
13. South Carolina
14. Oregon State
15. Louisville
16. Miami (FL)

Big Ten Teams In (4)
Indiana
Michigan
Nebraska
Ohio State

Last Three In
Alabama
South Alabama
UC-Irvine

First Three Out
Iowa

Stetson
Wichita State

Be nice if the Big 10 gets 4 teams in the NCAA tournament..
Too early yet for predicting 4 teams..

giphy.gif

"I would expect the Huskers to host, assuming the RPI is in decent shape."_Kendall Rogers

Site selection is set for the week of May 10. Between now and then our schedule is,
@PSU
@MSU
Home with Rutgers
IN/Rutgers pod @ Rutgers... not a ton of RPI points to be gained here.

Our RPI currently is 75 and that just doesn't get any kind of bid at all other than an AQ bid. A host bid typically goes to the top 16 RPIs and occasionally stretches to the upper 20s. We're not going to get to that level.

Our RPI Certainly could rise considerably by season end but not by May 10th is my guess. Just not enough oomph in the next four weeks. And, yes, we do have a decent chance to keep the lead by May 10th. Lead - possible, RPI - don't think so.

Who knows, maybe the committee will give us special consideration because of the stupid Big Ten decision on no non conference games. I can hope.

Reactions: donahues17
"I would expect the Huskers to host, assuming the RPI is in decent shape."_Kendall Rogers

Site selection is set for the week of May 10. Between now and then our schedule is,
@PSU
@MSU
Home with Rutgers
IN/Rutgers pod @ Rutgers... not a ton of RPI points to be gained here.

Our RPI currently is 75 and that just doesn't get any kind of bid at all other than an AQ bid. A host bid typically goes to the top 16 RPIs and occasionally stretches to the upper 20s. We're not going to get to that level.

Our RPI Certainly could rise considerably by season end but not by May 10th is my guess. Just not enough oomph in the next four weeks. And, yes, we do have a decent chance to keep the lead by May 10th. Lead - possible, RPI - don't think so.

Who knows, maybe the committee will give us special consideration because of the stupid Big Ten decision on no non conference games. I can hope.
I'm naturally happy to hear Kendall is optimistic about Nebraska hosting. But I'm surprised at his comment on RPI. It can't be terribly useful to the committee for Big Ten teams due to the conference-only schedule.

If Nebraska is in 1st place and doesnt get to host due to RPI, you can thank dickhead Warren and his idiot minions who are in charge of the B1G. It would be awesome for Lincoln to loosen some Covid restrictions even more for the regional so even more fans could attend.

RPI shouldn’t come into consideration at all for a Big Ten school. Although I do feel the record will have to be pretty good. May need to sweep the next couple teams.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
RPI should be thrown out for B1G. The good thing about the B1G is it all gets to play each other this year so conf. record will mean everything & you can truly pick out the best teams in the B1G based on total record. The Huskers should host if they are still sitting #1 in the B1G when hosts are selected.

Warren and company screwed every Big Ten team with that stupid schedule decision. It hurt us in RPI and in reputation as well. The Big Ten has slipped to 12th in conference RPI which is right back to their old spot before Nebraska showed up. A spot which regularly got them just one or two post season bids.

I guess they didn't notice what everyone else is doing. We're limited to just 44 games and have only played 21 so far. The leaders in the conferences above us have averaged 30.3 games to date. All of those conferences have a full slate of games.

Why is this so hard???

Warren and company screwed every Big Ten team with that stupid schedule decision. It hurt us in RPI and in reputation as well. The Big Ten has slipped to 12th in conference RPI which is right back to their old spot before Nebraska showed up. A spot which regularly got them just one or two post season bids.

I guess they didn't notice what everyone else is doing. We're limited to just 44 games and have only played 21 so far. The leaders in the conferences above us have averaged 30.3 games to date. All of those conferences have a full slate of games.

Why is this so hard???

How dare you question our B1G overlords with your common sense and facts.

ADVERTISEMENT