ADVERTISEMENT

D1Baseball.com Announces Major Expansion Into College Baseball Coverage

Mike Matya

Nebraska Legend
May 29, 2001
Bellevue, Nebraska [formerly Omaha]
Nov. 24, 2014
D1Baseball.com Announces Major Expansion Into College Baseball Coverage

OMAHA, Neb. - D1Baseball.com announced its expansion into college baseball news coverage, rankings and analysis with the hiring of Kendall Rogers, former Managing Editor of College Baseball at Perfect Game, and Aaron Fitt, former National Writer for Baseball America.

D1Baseball has served as college baseball fans' destination for scores, standings, schedules and historical data since its founding in 2003. Longtime D1Baseball webmaster Cynthia Mills will continue to oversee the scoreboard and schedule pages that have been the staple of the site for the last decade.

The D1Baseball redesign and content additions are slated to launch in January 2015. The expanded website will continue to provide college baseball's only aggregated scoreboard, standings and schedules for industry professionals, players and fans. The expansion will include breaking news, commentary and analysis, multimedia content, rankings, daily RPI updates and an interactive component. The goal is to create a one-stop shop for college baseball enthusiasts.

You can follow all the progress of the new D1Baseball.com on our Facebook page, here: http://www.facebook.com/d1baseball

"I'm excited to bring the best of college baseball to one central website as well as to provide a home and interactive community for everyone interested in the game," Rogers said. "College baseball has undergone a major transformation over the past decade, and I believe its growth will only accelerate."

Rogers has 13 years' experience covering college baseball, including 12 College World Series. Before his time at Perfect Game, Rogers became an industry expert with his work at Rivals.com and Yahoo! Sports. Rogers will continue to be based out of his native Texas.

Fitt has spent the last 10 years at Baseball America focusing on long-form feature writing, prospect and draft coverage, and team analysis while covering 10 College World Series. Fitt, who spent three years covering college baseball in Southern California, will be based in North Carolina.

"I'm excited to channel my passion for college baseball into this new venture," Fitt said. "I believe our team has a fantastic combination of experience, baseball knowledge and dedication. I look forward to building something special with them."

To receive additional updates on D1Baseball's launch, follow @D1Baseball, @AaronFitt and @KendallRogersD1 on Twitter.

Contacts:
Aaron Fitt, aaron@d1baseball.com
Kendall Rogers, kendall@d1baseball.com
More D1Baseball information: info@d1baseball.com

Originally posted by sklarbodds:
This is AWESOME! :) Can't wait to see the new site
All they need to do now is bring in Eric Sorenson to make it the true one stop shop for college baseball coverage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT