D.C. Police Officer Beaten During Capitol Riot Calls Out 'Whitewash'

Lar Gand

Blackshirt
Gold Member
May 6, 2012

"A D.C. Metropolitan Police officer left brain injured by Capitol rioters on Tuesday slammed ex-President Donald Trump and the other politicians who have falsely portrayed the mob as peaceful.

Michael Fanone, a 19-year police veteran who was dragged down stairs, beaten with pipes and repeatedly shocked with stun guns during the pro-Trump insurrection, talked about the distortions in an emotional interview with CNN’s Don Lemon.

“It’s been very difficult seeing elected officials and other individuals kind of whitewash the events that day, or downplay what happened,” Fanone said when Lemon asked about Trump’s claim that the rioters posed “zero threat.” “Some of the terminology that was used, like ‘hugs and kisses,’ and ‘very fine people,’ is very different from what I experienced and what my co-workers experienced on the 6th.”

Trump said during an interview on Fox News last month that his supporters were hugging and kissing police officers and were unthreatening.

Fanone said that was “very much not the experience that I had.”

“I experienced a group of individuals that were trying to kill me to accomplish their goal,” he said, choking up. “I experienced the most brutal, savage, hand-to-hand combat of my entire life. Let alone my policing career, which spans almost two decades.”

He said he hoped that people would understand the depths of the insurrectionists’ motives.

“I want people to understand that thousands of rioters came to the Capitol hell-bent on violence and destruction and murder,” he said.

Fanone was guarding a Capitol hallway when the Trump rioters dragged him from his post, hauled him down a stairway, shocked him repeatedly with a stun gun and beat him with metal pipes. He suffered a heart attack and a concussion and has since been living with a traumatic brain injury and post-traumatic stress disorder.

More than 400 people have been charged in the riot, including several who are implicated in the attack against Fanone. Charges have been filed against Thomas Sibick, Kyle Young, Albuquerque Head and Daniel Rodriguez.

Some leading Republicans have joined Trump in pushing false accounts of the insurrection, downplaying the violence that led to five deaths and hundreds of law enforcement injuries after Trump urged supporters to march on the Capitol to overturn the election."

More in the link.............a reminder just to counter those on here that try to downplay the violent, rightwing, Trump supported insurrection.

Bobfather

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Oct 6, 2002
If you don't stand up to people trying to beat a cop to death in the capitol just because they claim to be for your guy, you have no spine.
NO cop was beat to death as that has been debunked and you and your ilk cheered the brownshirts who tried to kill people leaving the White House after the last night of the Republican National Convention.

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
NO cop was beat to death as that has been debunked and you and your ilk cheered the brownshirts who tried to kill people leaving the White House after the last night of the Republican National Convention.
1) The word trying means they were not successful.
2) We're not talking about after the RNC which was bad too, so don't try to change the subject
3) This cop is giving a FIRST HAND account of his injuries and the intent of the crowd

You are a coward to try and justify the acts of those traitors.

Bobfather

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Oct 6, 2002
2) We're not talking about after the RNC which was bad too, so don't try to change the subject
3) This cop is giving a FIRST HAND account of his injuries and the intent of the crowd

You would not have the balls to call me a coward to my face and those people were law breakers not traitors. The fact is YOU and your treasonous ilk cheered the brownshirts all summer long including burning St. Johns Church and putting a guillotine up at the White House and trying to rush the grounds.

maggs

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2001
The cop absolutely did not deserve whatever injuries he sustained during the capitol riots, but I’m guessing the extent of his injuries and his descriptions of the intentions of the rioters might be being embellished somewhat. jmho

Reactions: Oldschool1964

Bobfather

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Oct 6, 2002
The cop absolutely did not deserve whatever injuries he sustained during the capitol riots, but I’m guessing the extent of his injuries and his descriptions of the intentions of the rioters might be being embellished somewhat. jmho
You are correct, however cops were injured all over this past summer by the demorat brownshirts and the resident communist on this board cheered.

Jaemekon

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007

Anecdotal.

At least that's what I have been told here when giving my personal experience to describe a situation.

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
You would not have the balls to call me a coward to my face and those people were law breakers not traitors. The fact is YOU and your treasonous ilk cheered the brownshirts all summer long including burning St. Johns Church and putting a guillotine up at the White House and trying to rush the grounds.
I have never once cheered on any rioting.

Reactions: philosophusker

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
Based on what? What you want to be true? Do you know the guy? Are you aware of his level of integrity?

zar45

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2016

This is rich, coming from the petulant child who lusted for a civil war based on the outcome of a democratic election.

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
A Traitor is a guy who runs to Iran and divulges intelligence.

Bobfather

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Oct 6, 2002
This is rich, coming from the petulant child who lusted for a civil war based on the outcome of a democratic election.
NO I have wanted that long before this election as all demorats are the scum of the earth and they don't believe in the greatness of the United States.

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
You voted in the marxist and their army celebrated by more burning, looting and murdering.
What in your own words is a Marxist? What actions has Biden taken that classifies him as such?

Also...was the burning and looting more under Trump (after Chauvin) or Biden?

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
NO I have wanted that long before this election as all demorats are the scum of the earth and they don't believe in the greatness of the United States.
There are others who believed that speaking out against the greatness of their country was treasonous:

Adolf-Hitler-1933.jpg

Joseph-Stalin-1950.jpg

saddam_hussein_metrosaga-e1540472096462.jpg

But I guess I'm one of those wonky "free speech" guys.

zar45

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2016

Your dehumanization and genocidal threats towards your political opponents are antithetical to what this country was founded on. You are anti-American, you are anti-Constitution, and you are the problem with today's society.

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
There are others who believed that speaking out against the greatness of their country was treasonous:

Adolf-Hitler-1933.jpg

Joseph-Stalin-1950.jpg

saddam_hussein_metrosaga-e1540472096462.jpg

But I guess I'm one of those wonky "free speech" guys.
Ironic because all the big lib tech companies are censoring free speech just like your buddies you listed. Furthermore, how many people has HOL thrown off these boards because of "wrong think"? I know I was given a timeout and a warning for my "free speech" here.

Reactions: Bobfather

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
I know your mind not capable of nuance. But most of us can see that there's people who are peacefully demonstrating for BLM, just like in MAGA rallies.

We want all of the violence and riots stopped, we don't care what "jersey" they wear.
So you focus your praise on the the "mostly peaceful" that were part of the hundreds of riots on the left, but you focus on the "traitors" during the one incident on the right. Got it.

Reactions: Bobfather

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
It's amazing how many gutless fvcking cowards CLAIM to be "pro-cop" but then belittle and shit on them if they don't suck trumps little pecker. You guys are all pathetic losers and an embarrassment to the American flag. Gfy.
I thought the American Flag is racist? Isn't that why you bend the knee to China before Lebron takes the court?

dee_s3

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2008
So, they lie about Sicnick and everything else and we're supposed to believe this too. I thought Sicnick was bashed with fire extinguishers? It's easy to see what networks lie and have been caught(sued).

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
Ironic because all the big lib tech companies are censoring free speech just like your buddies you listed. Furthermore, how many people has HOL thrown off these boards because of "wrong think"? I know I was given a timeout and a warning for my "free speech" here.
Well....I'm against the tech companies becoming arbiters of truth, so I'm with you on that one.

I've never suspended or given a timeout for someone who posted an opinion contrary to my own. We've gone through this before. I've given timeouts to libs and pubs alike.

If you have, it would be news to me. We try hard as a moderator team to just give timeouts to board violations. It's been a LONG time since I've even given one on TOS. We kinda just let this board be the wild west.

The rules on RSS are much stricter.

Reactions: capt'n caveman