ADVERTISEMENT

CWS - General Admission question

huskerbux

Recruiting Coordinator
Aug 24, 2006
Omaha
Haven't done the GA since they moved it downtown. Gotta question on alcohol consumption. Can you drink while waiting in line? I know at the blatt you had to chuck it all before getting in and risked losing a cooler but my daughter and SIL have a bunch of friends coming in and they are wanting to know if they can.

Appreciate the info in advance.

Bringing alcoholic beverages into TD Ameritrade Park Omaha or on the surrounding property is prohibited. Intoxicated guests will not be admitted at any time and are subject to ejection from the stadium grounds. Guests may not exit the facility with alcoholic beverages. Guests over the age of 21 must obtain a wristband to purchase and/or consume alcohol inside the facility.
http://mobile.dudamobile.com/site/t...om/&utm_referrer=https://www.google.com/#2900

I know people that have gotten an open container ticket in line at TD. Not worth the risk. Tailgate/go to the bar then go try to get in after the they start letting people in unless you need killer seats

Reactions: huskerbux
Bringing alcoholic beverages into TD Ameritrade Park Omaha or on the surrounding property is prohibited. Intoxicated guests will not be admitted at any time and are subject to ejection from the stadium grounds. Guests may not exit the facility with alcoholic beverages. Guests over the age of 21 must obtain a wristband to purchase and/or consume alcohol inside the facility.
http://mobile.dudamobile.com/site/tdameritradeparkomaha?url=http://www.tdameritradeparkomaha.com/&utm_referrer=https://www.google.com/#2900

Thanks but I'm not asking about bringing any in to the stadium....fully aware of the laws. Same laws that were in place at Rosenblatt but rarely enforced so I was just wondering if being downtown has increased the enforcement or not.

I know people that have gotten an open container ticket in line at TD. Not worth the risk. Tailgate/go to the bar then go try to get in after the they start letting people in unless you need killer seats
Thanks Shine...I'll pass that on.

I remember when it was announced they were building a new stadium for the CWS and I posted something to the tune... goodbye neighborhood feel, hello corporate sterile. Who didn't love just walking around the grounds on the Blatt taking in all the scenery with a tall cold one? Not to mention Dingerville. Now that the new place has been here a while, I have enough data to say I still prefer the 'Blatt, though I am certain I am in the minority. .

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that alcohol policy is probably for Creighton events, football games, concerts, etc. I don't there is any alcohol served at NCAA events like the CWS. That doesn't change the fact that they couldn't have it in line, but in case you were thinking about buying it inside I don't think that will happen either.

You can only get alcohol in the club section during the CWS.

And can't take it out to your seats! That part is just crazy. Why would I want to buy a beer and then not go to me seat to watch the game.....found that out the hard way.

I remember when it was announced they were building a new stadium for the CWS and I posted something to the tune... goodbye neighborhood feel, hello corporate sterile. Who didn't love just walking around the grounds on the Blatt taking in all the scenery with a tall cold one? Not to mention Dingerville. Now that the new place has been here a while, I have enough data to say I still prefer the 'Blatt, though I am certain I am in the minority. .

I for one still prefer Rosenblatt as well

Young Bux liked the Blatt for sure - the sites and smells will never be duplicated from my youth and young adult life. So glad I got to take my kids there so they could experience it.
That said, old Bux likes the new park. My legs don't get cramped, I don't have to wait in long lines for anything, it's not a 6 mile walk through the neighborhoods to get my car and hope I'm not blocked in. I can make a day/evening of it and eat in a nice place in between games without having to drive away and hope to get a parking spot again.

Old bux also probably says "GET OFF MY LAWN"!!! and goes to bed at 9. Wait, that's me!

Yes the new park is better. Yet it isn't.

Reactions: huskerbux
Haven't done the GA since they moved it downtown. Gotta question on alcohol consumption. Can you drink while waiting in line? I know at the blatt you had to chuck it all before getting in and risked losing a cooler but my daughter and SIL have a bunch of friends coming in and they are wanting to know if they can.

Appreciate the info in advance.

I love that this is such a concern you had to post the question in the first place.

#onlyinomaha

I love that this is such a concern you had to post the question in the first place.

#onlyinomaha
Not enough to flame in only some threads, you feel like you have to flame in all of them? Why don't you answer for your stupidity in other threads before starting in new ones?

What do you even mean by that?

My experience has been that only in Omaha do people express concern and need to plan how to consume a certain quantity of alcoholic beverages so that they can properly enjoy attending a sporting event.

Last edited:
My experience has been that only in Omaha do people express concern and need to plan how to consume a certain quantity of alcoholic beverages so that they can properly enjoy attending a sporting event.
Yeah, I have no doubt that this question is only asked in Omaha, and nowhere else in America... Do you realize how transparent your trolling has become?

It's not trolling if it's true. As an Omaha native, I think the concern about properly "priming" before a sporting event is unique to the culture and part of the city's charm.

To recap the initial post asked, "Hey, we're going to the CWS next weekend, and the kids are worrying they won't be able to sufficiently prime in the parking lot (and might lose their buzz if they can't drink more beer while waiting in the GA line) so we need to plan for those contingencies now."

Sorry, that's a total Omaha thing. And I love it.

Last edited:
First time to the CWS next Tuesday Can anyone suggest a time to be lined up for GA seating to the 2:00 game?

It's not trolling if it's true. As an Omaha native, I think the concern about properly "priming" before a sporting event is unique to the culture and part of the city's charm.

To recap the initial post asked, "Hey, we're going to the CWS next weekend, and the kids are worrying they won't be able to sufficiently prime in the parking lot (and might lose their buzz if they can't drink more beer while waiting in the GA line) so we need to plan for those contingencies now."

Nice recap. The question was more about knowing they will have to stand in line for a couple hours possibly to get decent seats. If you're downtown and want to enjoy the atmosphere......standing in line isn't that enjoyable. So having a beer or three while you wait isn't that far fetched and it certainly isn't unique to Omaha or the CWS.

If you think that is just an Omaha thing, you really need to get out more. I've lived in Florida and Alabama. Have been to games in Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, Kansas, Missouri, Colorado, Oklahoma, Texas just to name a few. Every one of those places has plenty of priming before a game. EVERY ONE.

Gotta say, I'm not buying it. Your tone totally changed from the first two posts to the third one. You saw the direction of other posters and how they took your initial post and in your second post did absolutely nothing to clarify this is something you love. Why wait til the third post when you had an obvious chance to clarify your stance in post two?

Give me a good reason for waiting to clarify til the third post and Help me understand...

My tone never changed, you just didn't feel the love. Someone could ask, "Where is the best place to get a fried carp sandwich?" and my response would have been the same.

My tone never changed, you just didn't feel the love. Someone could ask, "Where is the best place to get a fried carp sandwich?" and my response would have been the same.
At the very least your first two posts were totally ambiguous. Maybe you were going for that, I don't know. But there wasn't even a hint of appreciation that this is what you love about Omaha. Thanks for eventually clarifying...

Who the F does GA anymore anyway?
trading-places.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT