ADVERTISEMENT

Current Scholarship Breakdown

HominidHusker

First Team All-Big Ten
Jun 25, 2018
Nice chart updated with the current roster breakdown.
Currently at 71 of 85 scholarships, with plenty of players still making decisions obviously.

There’s a lot of unknown with the younger players, but I would say overall, it looks relatively bleak to me, especially if any more key guys move on.
Ignoring talent, simply numbers alone show we’re very thin at WR, DL, OL right now.
Edge also a problem if Mathis and/or Nelson leave, and other positions razor thin with any attrition.

Got a lot of work to do.
https://www.on3.com/teams/nebraska-...aska-football-scholarship-distribution-chart/

Reactions: TFrazier
It's a opportunity to fix a terrible football team.
Definitely. It will be interesting since we currently still have 13 freshmen commits, but obviously need to bring in as many instant impact guys as we can.

I would predict a minimum of 14, but easily up to 20 guys or so from the current roster could still move on.

It may be similar to last year with about 30-35 new scholarship players added.

Hopefully we get as much upgrade as possible.

Definitely. It will be interesting since we currently still have 13 freshmen commits, but obviously need to bring in as many instant impact guys as we can.

I would predict a minimum of 14, but easily up to 20 guys or so from the current roster could still move on.

It may be similar to last year with about 30-35 new scholarship players added.

Hopefully we get as much upgrade as possible.
Rhule has a big job ahead of him but one I feel he will handle. Just waiting for the full staff to be in place so the pieces can fall into place and we get this thing moving full speed ahead.

There will be a ton of transfers coming in. Lots of opportunity on this roster for portal guys.
Depending on who stays from the current group, it could become an attractive opportunity. Combined with NIL, players may see where we could fill a few holes and have a proper team.
We may not draw the highest profile guys, but between big-time program scraps and smaller program guys looking to join a higher profile school, I hope we can find the right type of players to make this thing work quickly.

Still feels daunting.

Reactions: SomedayHusker
Depending on who stays from the current group, it could become an attractive opportunity. Combined with NIL, players may see where we could fill a few holes and have a proper team.
We may not draw the highest profile guys, but between big-time program scraps and smaller program guys looking to join a higher profile school, I hope we can find the right type of players to make this thing work quickly.

Still feels daunting.
Just need a couple of difference makers from the JUCO ranks or portal. IMO Brahmer is a bigger must get than Coleman

Still feels daunting.
Your description fits MR's M.O. This will be MR's first ever dip into NIL and Transfer Portal, should be interesting.

Honestly probably one of the few times a newly hired coach is begging for nobody to come back. I think Rhule can upgrade via the portal at every position.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT