Watson
Hodge?

Declared for NFL Draft:
Palmer WR
Mathis EDGE
Vokolek TE
Will be updated when others announce.

Last edited:

we need a qb if thompson is hurt enough not to make it a whole year.

Last edited:
A kicker??
Surely he’s not chasing NIL money

Entering the Portal:

Offensive Players:

Banks OL
Crawford WR
Grimes WR
Contreraz K

Defensive Players:
Hausmann LB
Gould S

Decommits:
Coleman
Miller

The two defensive players and decommits listed above are huge losses. The rest are just OK. I think with a good offensive line coach...Banks could be a starter at OT. I wonder if he'll give TTU and KSU a look

Entering the Portal:

Offensive Players:

Banks OL
Crawford WR
Grimes WR
Contreraz K
Franke K
Heins K
Weaver OL

Defensive Players:
Hausmann LB
Gould S
Black DL

Decommits:
Coleman
Miller
Barnes

We seem to have cornered the market on Kickers entering the portal.

today-show-yes.gif

I get the sense from Casey's interviews that he's either going to play at NU next season or call it good altogether. I'm sure Rhule has a contingency plan for both scenarios.
For me...it would be hard to leave NIL behind unless you have something sweet lined up.

Well this is what most people wanted.. they said to burn it all down, so that is what is happening.

I don’t believe CT is going to play another snap of college ball. He needs the surgery and recovery time and will miss his window.

Rhule will have to become a miracle worker to keep the team from being winless in big ten play next year. 2-10 coming up is being generous.

• Sad
Reactions: cavalot
Well this is what most people wanted.. they said to burn it all down, so that is what is happening.

I don’t believe CT is going to play another snap of college ball. He needs the surgery and recovery time and will miss his window.

Rhule will have to become a miracle worker to keep the team from being winless in big ten play next year. 2-10 coming up is being generous.
😅

Reactions: MissoulaHusker

Why so generous? Say what you mean. I really want to know your true prediction, not your generous prediction, so I can have a hardy laugh after next season.

I don't expect much next season. However, if past history is any indication, by year 2, Rhule will have us in a bowl game and by year 3, we will win our division.

Reactions: BleedRed78

Bullshit post right here

• Haha
Reactions: NikkiSixx

Well to be fair there wasn't much to burn down. Look I get it. You aren't behind the Rhule hire. And given your history you want him to fail so you can pound your chest about being right. But my god he hasn't even gotten through one recruiting period. And all doom and gloom.

I am for one happy he is fumigating the stink Frost left behind.

I have no clue where things are really at in the program from a coaches perspective.

I do find it interesting how the terms of burn it doen, start all over all, bring em all in there is no competition, et. al are the same ones from when Riley left.

So, serious question, is the program in better or worse shape after Frost?

I have no clue where things are really at in the program from a coaches perspective.

I do find it interesting how the terms of burn it doen, start all over all, bring em all in there is no competition, et. al are the same ones from when Riley left.

So, serious question, is the program in better or worse shape after Frost?
IMO the work ethic is better than it was when Riley left. His last team clearly quit on his staff. The roster might be better too. IMO this might be an easier fix than what Frost walked in to. I hope so anyway.

Anyone going to be left?
So far, NU has only lost Hausmann. The rest are non-productive or not contributors.

There is going to be more activity of players coming and going.

We'll have to see how it all shakes out.

There are 20-30 kids that could leave that wouldn't impact this program in the slightest.

And there is a handful that would hurt. Let's hope those are kept at a minimum.

Reactions: nwualum
So far, NU has only lost Hausmann. The rest are non-productive or not contributors.

There is going to be more activity of players coming and going.

We'll have to see how it all shakes out.

There are 20-30 kids that could leave that wouldn't impact this program in the slightest.

And there is a handful that would hurt. Let's hope those are kept at a minimum.
You forgot Jaeden Gould

Guess I don't get the fret at this point over losing certain kids. The coaching change was needed and no new coach is going to be able to come in all purge all the deadweight while keeping every key contributor or potential contributor. I don't see that Hausman or Gould's departure, or Coleman's decommitment, is somehow a failure of Rhule or a precursor that he can't be successful next year. The existing players are on their 3rd head coach in about as many months - can't really blame them if they want a fresh start. Not saying Rhule will be successful next year, but next year was going to be a challenge for whoever was going to be coach. Its a rebuild, one that perhaps could have been made smoother with Joseph's involvement, instead he complicated it for Rhule.

Well to be fair there wasn't much to burn down. Look I get it. You aren't behind the Rhule hire. And given your history you want him to fail so you can pound your chest about being right. But my god he hasn't even gotten through one recruiting period. And all doom and gloom.

I am for one happy he is fumigating the stink Frost left behind.
I was just summarizing the situation is all. People complaining about all the portal transfers and decommits. I didn't start the thread to complain, just stating what is happening. Like you said, you are happy he is fumigating the frost stink.. so I am right about that part.

And when Rhule fails miserably, I will say I told you so.. but I'm still going to hope they have success in the mean time.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
Yeah it really dont matter who leaves and who stays at this point. The coaches need to get players that fit their style of play. If kids dont want to learn a new style then best wishes to them. I just hope they take the number of walk ons down by about 25 or so. Most of those kids just stand their and watch at practice anyways.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Yeah it really dont matter who leaves and who stays at this point. The coaches need to get players that fit their style of play. If kids dont want to learn a new style then best wishes to them. I just hope they take the number of walk ons down by about 25 or so. Most of those kids just stand their and watch at practice anyways.
Agree. How about some sub-11.0 kids who can be coached up and maybe even contribute in the 4 years they're at NU.

Maybe even some 6'2" - 6'3" 260# kids with good feet that can maybe be developed into linemen who can move.

ADVERTISEMENT