Votes: 31 29.2%
  • Sad

Votes: 36 34.0%
  • Bitter

Votes: 16 15.1%
  • Hopeful

Votes: 23 21.7%

• Total voters
Look, I know some of you are still Riley lovers but you have to understand what that SOB does to programs.

I hated the Riley hire, and frankly, if I saw the guy in person it would take all of my self-control not to punch him in the neck - but I didn't blame him for this disaster today. The current group owns the sh1t-show we saw today.

Riley was an abomination. Fixing his mess obviously won't happen in one year. But Frost and his boys gotta wear this one. It took a special kind of incompetence to blow this game today....but here we are.

This loss really took a lot out of me. Was hopeful for a 5-7 season. What’s even more frustrating is that we should have 4 wins this year. This year will set us back another year in the process and that’s due to recruiting. It won’t affect the 2019 class but 2020 is taking notice.
If we had stayed the course and kept Coach Reily we would probably still have those 20 players we ran off. We would likely be 4-2 this year instead of 0-6. So be careful when you decide to destroy coaching staffs.

If we had stayed the course and kept Coach Reily we would probably still have those 20 players we ran off. We would likely be 4-2 this year instead of 0-6. So be careful when you decide to destroy coaching staffs.

Short term we would've been better off under Riley. Long term I think we can be better under HCSF.

Short term we would've been better off under Riley. Long term I think we can be better under HCSF.
I respectfully disagree. We would have continued to grow under Riley as we graduated older players and continued to recruit better players into a stable system that was destroyed when we fired Riley, and now we start from scratch. Actually, less than scratch. If we hadn’t been whining so much we might be 5-1 or 4-2 instead of 0-6.

I respectfully disagree. We would have continued to grow under Riley as we graduated older players and continued to recruit better players into a stable system that was destroyed when we fired Riley, and now we start from scratch. Actually, less than scratch. If we hadn’t been whining so much we might be 5-1 or 4-2 instead of 0-6.

We would definitely have a better record under Riley this year, but his ceiling was very low. Better off now with HCSF.

I picked bitter. Bitter Osborne backdoored a national coaching search when he retired, bitter Pederson hired Callahan, bitter Callahan didn't fire Cosgrove, bitter about no national coach search part 2, bitter Perlman hired someone as incompetent as Eichorst, bitter there was no national coaching search part 3, bitter Riley didn't care, bitter Frost and his staff apparently don't know what the hell they are doing.
This is the cliff notes version of our program the last 20 years.

How are we feeling tonight folks?
Having made the investment to go to all the home games and travel to Michigan and Northwestern, I’m a combination of pissed, emarrased and sad. But mostly sad, especially for the freshmen that came in with so much hope. I hope they don’t forget how to be winners.

Okey dokey. Did you watch any of our games last year?
I did. Several losses last year were due to T. Lee’s tosses for interceptions. I’m remembering those as turning three wins into losses. Last year we introduced a new defense and began installing a new offense with Riley recruits. Riley’s problem was that he wasn’t allowed to eliminate Pellini players right off, in his first year. Frost gets to do that for reason. With Riley, it was a constant grumbling about imperfect seasons. With Frost, most seem fine with his winless team. Go figure.

Current Mood:

8735988.jpg
That rocks!

As I have said in other threads....I overreact A LOT to Nebraska football results...but I was never more pissed off after a loss than I was today. I have a headache from all of my swearing.

Really, convince that there aren't several guys on this team deliberately trying to lose. What other explanation is there for Nebraska losing this game?

This one was the worst, but I won't say it's rock bottom, because there are 6 games left and Ohio State hasn't punted against Nebraska since 2012.
That last paragraph just freaked me out, man.

I did. Several losses last year were due to T. Lee’s tosses for interceptions. I’m remembering those as turning three wins into losses. Last year we introduced a new defense and began installing a new offense with Riley recruits. Riley’s problem was that he wasn’t allowed to eliminate Pellini players right off, in his first year. Frost gets to do that for reason. With Riley, it was a constant grumbling about imperfect seasons. With Frost, most seem fine with his winless team. Go figure.

1) I don't know a single Nebraska fan that's "fine" with this winless team. If that person exists, please point them out.

2) Just like this year, last year we were manhandled in the trenches. Starting with Arkansas State and NIU, peaking with Ohio State and Minnesota, and ending with Iowa. Bitch slapped. In the trenches. On both sides of the ball. All season.

3). Our defense sucked under Banker. So we brought in Diaco. Sucked balls under Diaco. Now it sucks similar balls under Chinander. I see people calling for a new DC, presumably so that we can go about installing our 4th defensive scheme in 4 season to further prolong the sucking.

4). It's absolutely these coaches' jobs to fix the embarrassing shit show that Riley left them. We gave up around 165 points over our last 3 games last season. Contrary to what Riley claimed, this program was not progressing. We weren't on the doorstep of turning it around. We were on the doorstep of 2018 Nebraska. I think most people thought that playing fundamental ball (something tgat hasnt happened here in a long while) would begin to right the ship. That hasn't happened. For whatever reason, we are as sloppy and mistake prone as ever. How that can't be rectified is a mystery to me.

We need this program to stabilize. From a coaching, recruiting, and scheme standpoint.

Reactions: Dadmaster
fans need to stabilize, too.

impetuous is a word that keeps coming to mind...

Eventually you need to get rid of the cancer and bad taste in your mouth the sooner we get rid of it the quicker we can recover from it...So there was no short term fix..

Eventually you need to get rid of the cancer and bad taste in your mouth the sooner we get rid of it the quicker we can recover from it...So there was no short term fix..

Yeah, I don't think anybody expected a short-term fix. I think we all just expected that first year results would be at a minimum as good or better than Riley's last season (floor of 4-8, ceiling of 8-9 wins). There weren't any unreasonable expectations from fans (that I saw).

I hated the Riley hire, and frankly, if I saw the guy in person it would take all of my self-control not to punch him in the neck - but I didn't blame him for this disaster today. The current group owns the sh1t-show we saw today.

Riley was an abomination. Fixing his mess obviously won't happen in one year. But Frost and his boys gotta wear this one. It took a special kind of incompetence to blow this game today....but here we are.

I have to agree. I am really disappointed in some of Frosts' responses. He needs to start taking some ownership. The guy was cocky as hell in college and I didn't really like him, but I am convinced he is our last hope.
He will get us there but it will take a lot longer than I expected. I thought we would go 7-5 this year with 9 wins in 2019 and 11 in 20/20. I now think it is a 5 year plan to 10 wins. Yes part of this is the players but part of it is also Frosts' cockiness overly confident in his own ability and underestimating Big 10 competition.

Reactions: Vitalis Jackson
Yeah, I don't think anybody expected a short-term fix. I think we all just expected that first year results would be at a minimum as good or better than Riley's last season (floor of 4-8, ceiling of 8-9 wins). There weren't any unreasonable expectations from fans (that I saw).

9 wins was at one time was always a given over decades from 1960-2003 that shows how spoiled our fan base became because we just took it for granted..

Never figured I see the days as bad a Jennings and Glassford era’s it’s a big kick in the ball sack that’s for sure..

Jealous is the more appropriate word to use right now. Jealous that a team like Iowa State, in the middle of nowhere is so far beyond Nebraska as a program that you can't even see it.

That's discouraging in my eyes.

9 wins was a given from 2008-2014, and people said a monkey could coach Nebraska to 9 wins.

The Big Ten West is the weakest division in Power-5 college football. Even Mike Riley won 9 games once. It shouldn't take long for a good coaching staff to get back to the 9-win level. Frost this week said to ESPN that we will be a really good team in Year 2. So by his own standards, anything less than 9 wins next year will be a disappointment.

Last edited:
9 wins was a given from 2008-2014, and people said a monkey could coach Nebraska to 9 wins.

The Big Ten West is the weakest division in Power-5 college football. Even Mike Riley won 9 games once. It shouldn't take long for a good coaching staff to get back to the 9-win level. Frost this week said to ESPN that we will be a really good team in Year 2. So by his own standards, anything less than 9 wins next year will be a disappointment.

I remember he said it before the season started but not this week..

This loss really took a lot out of me. Was hopeful for a 5-7 season. What’s even more frustrating is that we should have 4 wins this year. This year will set us back another year in the process and that’s due to recruiting. It won’t affect the 2019 class but 2020 is taking notice.

No, you really shouldn’t. Mistakes, penalties, etc are part of the game. Purdue should be 3-3, not 6-0 because of penalties costing them 3 losses by 8 points. You should be 0-6. If Northwestern has Larkin yesterday 42-21 Northwestern

I don’t know. Larkin is great player, but he’s no Jonathan Taylor IMO. I agree about the penalties. This team has a lot of growing to do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT