ADVERTISEMENT

Current Big Ten teams RPI's

RobsterMobster

Administrator
Jan 5, 2010
Looks good outside of Northwestern and Purdue who have seemingly given up on their baseball programs the last few years. Even Ohio State and Iowa are joining teams with their higher RPI's to start the year. These RPI's being so high now will pay dividends for most teams in conference when they start to play H2H.

Big Ten Team RPI's

OSU (19) and Iowa (20) leading the way. Wow, the world is upside down. Can't wait for May to get here.

Originally posted by k9_r:
OSU (19) and Iowa (20) leading the way. Wow, the world is upside down. Can't wait for May to get here.
Actually Iowa leads the BIG in RPI. They are 15 and OSU is 33 while Maryland is 31st and we are 26th. Oh and the Illini are right behind us checking in at 27
This post was edited on 3/29 10:08 AM by crymsonsteel

How could Iowa have a higher RPI? Have you seen their schedule, a listing of who's not's in baseball outside of Indiana, Kansas and Kansas State. I will be the first to admit I know nothing how it is figured but thought it would include who you played and how good they are. We have played 3 rated teams inTexas, A&m, LSU and also played Cal State (although they are a .500 team right now).

So Iowa is 6-2 against the RPI Top 50 this year while Nebraska is 1-3 against the Top 50.

Iowa's eight RPI opponents and their record against them:

14. Missouri State (1-0)
15. Bradley (0-1)
20. Middle Tennessee State (2-1)
33. Indiana (3-0)

Nebraska's RPI Top 50 Opponents:
4. Texas A&M (0-1)
23. LSU (0-1)
38. Cal State-Fullerton (1-1)

(Texas is just outside the Top 50 at #54)

Its also a function of where you play them. A win on the road counts as "more" than one win, while a win at home counts as something "less" than one win. Neutral site win counts a one win. My guess is that Iowa must have a few road wins against decent RPI teams. With the exception of the wins at Marymount, most of our other quality wins have been at home.

Originally posted by Alum-Ni:
So Iowa is 6-2 against the RPI Top 50 this year while Nebraska is 1-3 against the Top 50.

Iowa's eight RPI opponents and their record against them:

14. Missouri State (1-0)
15. Bradley (0-1)
20. Middle Tennessee State (2-1)
33. Indiana (3-0)

Nebraska's RPI Top 50 Opponents:
4. Texas A&M (0-1)
23. LSU (0-1)
38. Cal State-Fullerton (1-1)

(Texas is just outside the Top 50 at #54)
Iowa's sweep of Indiana was really surprising. Just don't know what to make of it except sometimes baseball happens. And cold weather makes for erratic baseball. The Michigan/Maryland series was played in 20 degree weather and Iowa city was pretty cold as well.

One thing I'm pretty sure of is that Mo St's, Bradley's and MTSU's shining RPIs will fall like rocks as they get into the meat of their schedules. Lots and lots of bad RPIs on those schedules. And Iowa's RPI will take a hit as a result.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT