ADVERTISEMENT

Curious...

B1G RED RULES

First Team All-Big Ten
Sep 7, 2013
This Friday, the best Hawkeye football team to play in history meets the worst Husker team in 40+ years - how many points will they be favored by?

Reactions: Ms_NU
Someone will tell you the Vegas line ( maybe 2+1/2 - 3+1/2 ). Should be 9 +1/2 based on their confidence and 6+ 1/2 ; based on our Purdue loss and deceptive record. Money is gonna flow = points will move.

Interesting, who would you place as the best?

The 1985 team was probably the most talented. We had a QB, RB and OT that all went in the 1st round of the NFL draft in 1986. We were #1 and beat #2 Michigan who had a guy named Harbaugh at QB. Lost to UCLA in Rose Bowl when we had 6 turnovers (5 of them by Ronnie Harmon) or we would have likely won NC.

Iowa needs to play 2 more games before this team can claim being the best in school's history.

Not in any order because I'm not a Hawkeyes fan but have a few Hawkeyes buddies...

This Friday, the best Hawkeye football team to play in history meets the worst Husker team in 40+ years - how many points will they be favored by?

Have to ask you this... Do you really think the 2015 team is worse than the Callahan 2007 team?

Other wise you have you to go back 57 years.

I would guess the one Chuck Long quarterbacked to a top5 finish in 85 or so...
I don't think Iowa has ever had a top 5 finish. I know they didn't in 85. They were ranked above that at one time, but pre season and seasonal rankings really don't matter. It where you finish.

Reactions: timnsun
I don't think Iowa has ever had a top 5 finish. I know they didn't in 85. They were ranked above that at one time, but pre season and seasonal rankings really don't matter. It where you finish.
Yep, I didn't go back and look at where they ended up. I knew they beat #2 Michigan when they were #1, but didn't remember how they finished.

Have to ask you this... Do you really think the 2015 team is worse than the Callahan 2007 team?

Other wise you have you to go back 57 years.
No I don't, was just having some fun because all the Hawkeyes are talking about their historical run.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT