ADVERTISEMENT

Culp

Fair criticism. Feel horrible for the kid but he has the yips and likely won’t recover….even after hitting that big first kick today. Unfortunate.

Reactions: tpmcg and bigboxes
Gets the ball up high early. Nearly made 2 50 yard FGs.

We saw the result of the 2nd guy on the XP2.

He'll be fne.

Fair criticism. Feel horrible for the kid but he has the yips and likely won’t recover….even after hitting that big first kick today. Unfortunate.

Sorry jteten.

While we hoped you'd close the longshot deal in Wahoo, we have to let you go. You were our salesman of the year last year, but we are cutting staff that don't produce anymore.

Reactions: BigRedBeliever
Don’t want to pile on the kid. But do you think he was only an all big10 kicker because he was kicking in empty stadiums?

maybe he can’t do it in front of packed crowds
Well we got rid of the ST analyst after Culp kicked really well. Maybe the analyst was doing more than we thought.

Culp should have rotten fruit thrown at him on his way to class by the entire student body for the remainder of his time at NU

Kickers aren’t football players. It’s a gigantic flaw in the rules of the game that they are even allowed to participate, much less determine outcomes

That is hilarious. But how will we start games without a kickoff?
Kickoff should be like the ceremonial first pitch in baseball

Have that chick w giant cans from modern family do it for all I care

Indiana’s weird coach who kisses his players on the lips & his coward son would prb agree after allowing that 99yd TD today lol

Kicking is lame af

Reactions: Redinwashington
Allow me a reenactment:

American heroes who invented football:

“I present to you a wargame where men battle for 60mins to determine which side posses superior strength, speed and strategy”

Some poser:

“Then, at the most pivotal moments, a light-footed pixie kicks the ball through metal posts to finalize which side reigns victorious!”

F that

Reactions: Redinwashington
I don't get the impression that he is all that serious of a kicker. I don't know this for certain, but he doesn't strike me as the type of guy who works his ass off on being perfect at his kicks. He strikes me as an immature kid who collects world of warcraft dolls with more passion.

Absolutely not a fair assessment, just the vibe I get.

Frost said he’s been hurt, wtf this is the second kicker in 3 years to get hurt in the preseason workouts I have never heard such a thing it can only happen to Nebraska

What happened to this guy?
Chase Contreraz
Before Nebraska (Missouri Valley HS/Iowa Western CC)

Contreraz joined Nebraska as a walk-on after a successful 2019 season at Iowa Western Community College. Contreraz helped the Reivers to a 9-3 record in 2019. He connected on 15-of-18 field goals and 44-of-46 extra points. He made a season-long 47-yard field goal against Snow College and had a season-high three field goals in a game at Dodge City CC. He was a second-team All-American in 2019 from the NJCAA. Previously, Contreraz competed at Missouri Valley High School in Iowa, helping Coach Brian Knott’s teams to 7-3 records in both 2016 and 2017.

ADVERTISEMENT