ADVERTISEMENT

CU Game Score Predictions

Top_Gun_

Junior
Feb 22, 2019
For those traveling, drive safe/welcome to the front range.

NU 45
CU 24

They get a late TD to make it look somewhat competitive.

Let's get these going, should be a wide variety of thoughts on this one.

GBR

I'll say 38-31 Nebraska. I think Shenault will keep CU in it, but he can't win games single-handedly.

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
28-14 Huskers, Nebraska looks a bit better but still some work to do.

Buffs 45
Huskers 28

Not confident that the center issues are resolved, and I still have flashbacks to Chennault last year.

As weird as it sounds I'm going for a defensive slug fest on this one... We obviously still have bugs to work out that I don't see getting fixed in this short of a time span...

I believe our defense knows this and will step up to the plate... this ultimately helps our defense find themselves for the long haul down the stretch of the season.

NU 13 - 10 CU

CU 62
NU 36
DacVXPMXcAISTQS.jpg

Both teams have great offenses... so there’s a push. (Being as objective as possible here) This game will come down to who’s defense can make the most stops. So far it appears the only team that has a ok to decent defense is the Huskers. Last years meeting Colorado only managed 2 sacks on a struggling Husker’s oline. Husker’s last year had 7-8 sacks and 14 tackles for lose on Colorado’s offense.

This year the Husker’s defense has definitetly took a step forward (at the very least) so I’d have to assume the Huskers are the ones that will get a few to several stops against Colorado’s offense while Colorado defense will have trouble all game long stopping Adrian Martinez, Maurice Washington, JD Speilman, Wan’dale Robinson, K Noa and Jack Stoll. Colorado let C Hill of CSU to go 31-47 for 375 yards and 3 TDs and allowed 6 different CSU WRs to average 10-20 yards per catch.

So the difference in this game will be the Husker’s defense being able to stop Colorado’s offense more then Colorado’s defense can against the Husker’s offense...Huskers win 42-28

I hope we see a game like we did in Seattle a few years ago. Wasn't their offense supposed to be fairly prolific with Jake Locker? I certainly won't forget the fans taking over downtown Friday night, then the stadium Saturday.

Reactions: Top_Gun_
Huskers have been horrible on the road the past three years. I hate to say it but give me Colorado. Hope the boys prove me wrong but just don’t see it and don’t have much confidence in Frost to this point.

Huskers 20
Buffs 45

NU 41 CU 27

I think this game comes down to penalties, fumbles, and interceptions. If we have a bad day with any of the three, we likely lose. If not, Huskers win!

South Alabama's first week D was much better than CU's first week D; stronger and faster and better coached. So if NU's offense gets back on track, CU's defense will have to be vastly improved to even slow NU down. I think NU's offense will be significantly better in week 2 and CU's defense will be improved, but not by much. So NU scores 38. On the other side, CU doesn't have a great offense right now. They have some great and some very good offensive players. CU's offense right now is no better (and arguably worse) then the offense we saw last year. Again, the question is will we see the improved NU defense from last week? I think we will. It's unlikely we will get 5 turnovers and I think that Montez and his receivers are too good to completely shut down, but I don't think they will run wild. So I see CU getting 17. So, to make a short story long:

NU-38
CU-17

Reactions: SOHusker11
For those traveling, drive safe/welcome to the front range.

NU 45
CU 24

They get a late TD to make it look somewhat competitive.

Let's get these going, should be a wide variety of thoughts on this one.

GBR
I predicted this exact score in my article today:Cool:

Reactions: Top_Gun_
Changing mine a bit. Still don't feel good about this game. Think they have some success running the ball early and it leads to some big passing plays later on. Our offense won't be as bad as last week, but dreadful OL play will doom us.

CU 37
NU 28

Reactions: sltldowney
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT