ADVERTISEMENT

Cruickshank to...

Agree....and I'd even say if they have matching records, whatever they happen to be, there's a problem.

Watch what your saying, they have honestly brought in B1G talent and have a legitimate coaching staff. Next year will depend on how many kids are immediately eligible to play.

If all are they definitely have a bowl caliber team.
If some are they likely will be a 4-5 win team
If none, 2-3 wins

Honest assessment and I don’t like them.

Watch what your saying, they have honestly brought in B1G talent and have a legitimate coaching staff. Next year will depend on how many kids are immediately eligible to play.

If all are they definitely have a bowl caliber team.
If some are they likely will be a 4-5 win team
If none, 2-3 wins

Honest assessment and I don’t like them.
I hadn't really looked....but you're right.

Not an outstanding bunch, but good enough for 6-6 if enough are ready to go. I think the excitement with Schiano is worth a win by itself.

Reactions: Hardslider21
You know what I like about trolls? Over feed them, then cut them off
I look at these two messages prior to yours (hardslider and husker reality) and I ask myself... did this dude seriously create two accounts, and is he seriously logging out of one and into the other to have a full blown conversation with himself? I mean it could be two different people but man it seriously seems like the same dude... he’s really tryin to sell himself here

I look at these two messages prior to yours (hardslider and husker reality) and I ask myself... did this dude seriously create two accounts, and is he seriously logging out of one and into the other to have a full blown conversation with himself? I mean it could be two different people but man it seriously seems like the same dude... he’s really tryin to sell himself here
You nailed me....busted.

I started my Hardslider21 account on November 30, 2015, and my Nebraska_Reality account on October 23, 2019, for the sole purpose of carrying on a conversation with myself on January 19, 2020.

I also have like 5 or 6 other accounts...some started years apart....for the sole purpose of conversing with myself in 2020.

I'm also a Colorado fan, an Iowa fan, a Wisconsin fan, a Minnesota fan, and a UCF fan.

Last edited:

He admits he is a troll because he brags to himself on Husker board about we’ve been trolled by the best...

Laughing Guys a legend in his own mind and Nebraska wins and losses don’t bother him because he doesn’t have scarlet red blood in his veins..

mods need to send him packing..

You nailed me....busted.

I started my Hardslider21 account on November 30, 2015, and my Nebraska_Reality account on October 23, 2019, for the sole purpose of carrying on a conversation with myself on January 19, 2020.

I also have like 5 or 6 other accounts...some started years apart....for the sole purpose of conversing with myself in 2020.

I'm also a Colorado fan, an Iowa fan, a Wisconsin fan, a Minnesota fan, and a UCF fan.
MODS, HE ADMITTED TO IT!!!

Reactions: Clemke32
You nailed me....busted.

You're obviously not a Nebraska fan, so why don't you set us straight for real. What are you all about? What team do you actually love? Why do you hate Nebraska so much? What's truly "real" about Nebraska_Reality? I'm actually curious to know.

Unlike some of the absurd troll personas on this board, you seem like an intelligent person who undoubtedly enjoys a good debate. Why not cut out the bullshit, be the real you and just interact with us as a self-admitted, Nebraska-hating opposing fan?

These are genuine questions. I'm honestly not trying to troll you back. I think all of us (you included) might enjoy your presence on this board if we all cut out the charade.

You're obviously not a Nebraska fan, so why don't you set us straight for real. What are you all about? What team do you actually love? Why do you hate Nebraska so much? What's truly "real" about Nebraska_Reality? I'm actually curious to know.

Unlike some of the absurd troll personas on this board, you seem like an intelligent person who undoubtedly enjoys a good debate. Why not cut out the bullshit, be the real you and just interact with us as a self-admitted, Nebraska-hating opposing fan?

These are genuine questions. I'm honestly not trying to troll you back. I think all of us (you included) might enjoy your presence on this board if we all cut out the charade.
I've explained this all before on another thread....

Yeah...I admit that I'm not the die-hard I once was. A few things happened, but the most important would be:

1) Attended, and was an athlete (nothing special, but a college athlete nonetheless), at another college. Husker football became a much lower priority during that time.

2) When the Huskers began not winning like the once did, I came to realize that it didn't really impact my life. I discovered that getting mad and getting the occasional headache over their losses like I did when I was younger were a waste of time and energy. I discovered the time and energy that was spent when they lost was better used on other aspects of my life. The behavior of some within our fan base during the Callahan years and, at times, Pelini years, also soured me on being a big-time fan....especially when we are supposed to be the "best fans in college football".

So, no....I don't swallow the Kool-Aid like I once did. I honestly don't think Frost is the answer....and I'll gladly admit I'm wrong if he is. And...the last major thing I got attacked for....nothing is forever, and accordingly, I no longer think the 1995 Huskers are the best ever (and you're free to find that thread if you want...it was right after the championship game, not the one from yesterday....I'm not rehashing it, but I have solid reasons for that opinion). Apparently, that means I hate Nebraska.

I have the Husker Football Vault Book that came out about 10-12 years ago. Would I spend $50 on that if I wasn't a fan? I can think of about a thousand other things I could have used the $50 bucks on (disposable income was limited during that time of my life) if I wasn't a Husker fan.

Hope this answers your questions.

Last edited:
I've explained this all before on another thread....

Yeah...I admit that I'm not the die-hard I once was. A few things happened, but the most important would be:

1) Attended, and was an athlete (nothing special, but a college athlete nonetheless), at another college. Husker football became a much lower priority during that time.

2) When the Huskers began not winning like the once did, I came to realize that it didn't really impact my life. I discovered that getting mad and getting the occasional headache over their losses like I did when I was younger were a waste of time and energy. I discovered the time and energy that was spent when they lost was better used on other aspects of my life. The behavior of some within our fan base during the Callahan years and, at times, Pelini years, also soured me on being a big-time fan....especially when we are supposed to be the "best fans in college football".

So, no....I don't swallow the Kool-Aid like I once did. I honestly don't think Frost is the answer....and I'll gladly admit I'm wrong if he is. And...the last major thing I got attacked for....nothing is forever, and accordingly, I no longer think the 1995 Huskers are the best ever (and you're free to find that thread if you want...it was right after the championship game, not the one from yesterday....I'm not rehashing it, but I have solid reasons for that opinion). Apparently, that means I hate Nebraska.

I have the Husker Football Vault Book that came out about 10-12 years ago. Would I spend $50 on that if I wasn't a fan? I can think of about a thousand other things I could have used the $50 bucks on (disposable income was limited during that time of my life) if I wasn't a Husker fan.

Hope this answers your questions.

I appreciate the response. I had not caught any of that about your background previously. I did see the '95 Huskers GOAT thread so I saw your reasoning there.

If we're to give you the benefit of the doubt here, you're basically a disengaged and disillusioned Nebraska fan? Or maybe engaged again, but still skeptical and forever committed to keeping it real?

Not trying to be a smart ass there. Seriously just trying to understand. And, given the non-stop troll infestation on this board since 2017 or so, surely you can understand why so many people think you're anti-Nebraska. New(er) poster, no avatar, history of negative or non-stop devil's advocate posting, etc.

Even your screen name seems a little confrontational. Like, hey everyone, I'm here to set you straight on the reality of Nebraska football. And maybe you are to some degree, but there are so many clown imposters doing that in jest already, most don't care to differentiate any longer between trolls and disgruntled fans. They're all just part of the same nonstop, negative, naysaying noise channel.

Anyway, the point being, if you really are a Nebraska fan, maybe it's time to start acting like one? That doesn't mean agreeing with everyone and saying the '95 team is the GOAT if you don't truly believe that to be the case. But it might be time to warm back up to being a fan and try to believe again. You can still maintain a healthy level of skepticism. For anyone that's experienced the last 10-20 years, I would highly recommend doing so.

If you're not a fan and just trolling us, then bravo. You're better than most. But if that's the case, my earlier invitation still stands.

Last edited:
I appreciate the response. I had not caught any of that about your background previously. I did see the '95 Huskers GOAT thread so I saw your reasoning there.

If we're to give you the benefit of the doubt here, you're basically a disengaged and disillusioned Nebraska fan? Or maybe engaged again, but still skeptical and forever committed to keeping it real?

Not trying to be a smart ass there. Seriously just trying to understand. And, given the non-stop troll infestation on this board since 2017 or so, surely you can understand why so many people think you're anti-Nebraska. New(er) poster, no avatar, history of negative or non-stop devil's advocate posting, etc.

Even your screen name seems a little confrontational. Like, hey everyone, I'm here to set you straight on the reality of Nebraska football. And maybe you are to some degree, but there are so many clown imposters doing that in jest already, most don't care to differentiate any longer between trolls and disgruntled fans. They're all just part of the same nonstop, negative, naysaying noise channel.

Anyway, the point being, if you really are a Nebraska fan, maybe it's time to start acting like one? That doesn't mean agreeing with everyone and saying the '95 team is the GOAT if you don't truly believe that to be the case. But it might be time to warm back up to being a fan and try to believe again. You can still maintain a healthy level of skepticism. For anyone that's experienced 10-20 years, I would highly recommend doing so.

If you're not a fan and just trolling us, then bravo. You're better than most. But if that's the case, my earlier invitation still stands.
I truly appreciate the civility...and I'll take everything you said under consideration (seriously)....and that's kind of why I came on here to begin with. I didn't think the litmus test that some seem to have would be as serious or as nasty as it is.

I also understand the troll thing....but I think we need to keep in mind that all of us were new on here at some point, and that only about a fraction of 1% of the Husker fan base actually posts on this board.

I truly appreciate the civility...and I'll take everything you said under consideration (seriously)....and that's kind of why I came on here to begin with. I didn't think the litmus test that some seem to have would be as serious or as nasty as it is.

I also understand the troll thing....but I think we need to keep in mind that all of us were new on here at some point, and that only about a fraction of 1% of the Husker fan base actually posts on this board.
look I have to agree with @Larry Hagman's Liver here, there has always been something that just didn’t seem like the usual troll with you. You do seem intelligent, and you’re able to actually engage in an intelligent debate. And yes I have been one that has been very critical of you and your posts. Now obviously you don’t owe anyone here an explanation of why you take the stance that you do on the huskers, but I’ll be the first to say thank you for at least providing some insight.
With all that said I’d think With you being educated you can see where you kind of come off as a troll. I agree with being a fan doesn’t Require you to be all sun shine and rainbows, it’s ok to be critical of your team. I think where a lot of us including myself seem to think you fall in on the troll side is due to the amount of negative posts and the amount of liking all things negative about the huskers... It’s understandable that you don’t think Frost is the answer here, and that’s ok honestly his record this far, for those of you that only look at record warrant that train of thought.
What id say is that if you are truly unhappy with Husker football and their fan base it might be time for you to do one of three things:
1.) look for a different team to follow
2.) look in the mirror and ask what you have done to add to or prevent the onslaught of harsh treatment
-or-
3.) maybe look for some positives and actually go to bat for your team at some point.
If you disagree with something, which you seem to do quite frequently, go ahead dive in and support your argument with facts or at a minimum with insight of why you disagree. Stop going out of your way to paint the huskers in negative light.. The Huskers have been down right crappy these past few years, and all of Husker fans know this, but the great thing about being a die hard fan is there is always hope, always optimism, and unfortunately there always seems to be Iowa trolls... the trolls have been heavy on their key boards the past five years, we don’t need husker fans joining hands with them... it’s ok to admit they won, it’s ok to admit we have sucked but if you’re with us, even if you don’t think HCSF is the right guy.. hop on board, show your hope, stop always dogging on the huskers every chance you get, because when you do that it leads to everyone thinking you’re a troll....GBR and goodnight

I’m not sure how or why I’m involved in this?
I’ve been 100% honest since my 1st post on this board.
I’m an 82 PS graduate but I own a business with a 72 Nebraska graduate. He was born and raised in Millard attended Millard south HS.
He’s a season ticket holder, as I am for PS. We wish our schools played every year so we could have the fun of the rivalry. My wife and I will be his guest in November when we play.

We love college sports and outside of PS/N games. I’m a fan of N and hope they win. Sorry if you’re having problems with trolls but I’m not one. #WeAre & #GBR

I’m not sure how or why I’m involved in this?
I’ve been 100% honest since my 1st post on this board.
I’m an 82 PS graduate but I own a business with a 72 Nebraska graduate. He was born and raised in Millard attended Millard south HS.
He’s a season ticket holder, as I am for PS. We wish our schools played every year so we could have the fun of the rivalry. My wife and I will be his guest in November when we play.

We love college sports and outside of PS/N games. I’m a fan of N and hope they win. Sorry if you’re having problems with trolls but I’m not one. #WeAre & #GBR
Because there is a small but vocal bunch on here that think that anyone with a lost post total and that have either a differing opinion, or converses with said person, are trolls.

You're like the 5th or 6th person on here that has been accused of also being me. Us starting our accounts 4 years apart apparently isn't enough of an indication that we are different folks.

Last edited:
Definitely an upgrade. The Big 10 has maybe it's best collection of coaches in my memory. Though it is still to be determined if O$U downgraded with the departure of Urban. He will be hard to replace. He won his division every year he was coach.
I'd agree....and I think it's great for the conference.

Cruickshank is a pretty dynamic returner. He definitely helped keep Wisconsin in that game with Ohio State.

look I have to agree with @Larry Hagman's Liver here, there has always been something that just didn’t seem like the usual troll with you. You do seem intelligent, and you’re able to actually engage in an intelligent debate. And yes I have been one that has been very critical of you and your posts. Now obviously you don’t owe anyone here an explanation of why you take the stance that you do on the huskers, but I’ll be the first to say thank you for at least providing some insight.
With all that said I’d think With you being educated you can see where you kind of come off as a troll. I agree with being a fan doesn’t Require you to be all sun shine and rainbows, it’s ok to be critical of your team. I think where a lot of us including myself seem to think you fall in on the troll side is due to the amount of negative posts and the amount of liking all things negative about the huskers... It’s understandable that you don’t think Frost is the answer here, and that’s ok honestly his record this far, for those of you that only look at record warrant that train of thought.
What id say is that if you are truly unhappy with Husker football and their fan base it might be time for you to do one of three things:
1.) look for a different team to follow
2.) look in the mirror and ask what you have done to add to or prevent the onslaught of harsh treatment
-or-
3.) maybe look for some positives and actually go to bat for your team at some point.
If you disagree with something, which you seem to do quite frequently, go ahead dive in and support your argument with facts or at a minimum with insight of why you disagree. Stop going out of your way to paint the huskers in negative light.. The Huskers have been down right crappy these past few years, and all of Husker fans know this, but the great thing about being a die hard fan is there is always hope, always optimism, and unfortunately there always seems to be Iowa trolls... the trolls have been heavy on their key boards the past five years, we don’t need husker fans joining hands with them... it’s ok to admit they won, it’s ok to admit we have sucked but if you’re with us, even if you don’t think HCSF is the right guy.. hop on board, show your hope, stop always dogging on the huskers every chance you get, because when you do that it leads to everyone thinking you’re a troll....GBR and goodnight
I appreciate the civil nature of your post, and sorry for taking forever to respond. You raise some decent points.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT