ADVERTISEMENT

Creighton joins Iowa as Midwest pariahs

I’m still confused as to why the grand wizard Kirk gets a pass and it’s beginning to look like coach mac is going to lose his job. Does Kirk have photos of prominent people in Iowa? if you take the same standards Kirk doesn’t even get a slap on the hand

I’m still confused as to why the grand wizard Kirk gets a pass and it’s beginning to look like coach mac is going to lose his job. Does Kirk have photos of prominent people in Iowa? if you take the same standards Kirk doesn’t even get a slap on the hand

If you remember when all the Iowa shit went down, people were calling for Kirk's job too. The biggest difference is that very few of the issues at Iowa were contributed directly to Ferentz. McDermott was guilty of saying the things he did, in this case he doesn't have a S/C coach to take the fall

[/QUOTE]
You obviously haven't lived down south. The phrase "a spade is a spade" has been co-opted down there and is entirely racist. I still remember the time when I lived in North Carolina when a very large White guy used it in the derogatory, negative sense to a very short, wiry Black guy during a pickup basketball game. The White was on his back, out, an instant later. The rest of us playing ball just stood there going "holy shit". But we didn't have much sympathy for the White guy, as everyone playing ball, Black and White, knew that was a pretty bad racial slur. Just like the swastika, just like the battle flags of the Army of Tennessee and of Northern Virginia. Just because you chose not to see it doesn't mean it's not extremely offensive to a large group of people. You don't get to define what is offensive to people.
You and jmliar are the virus, but there is no cure. Yeah, he's the problem because he chooses not to see it. Perhaps it is you that is the problem, because you choose to see it. Intent matters jackass. If "very large white guy" would have been talking about gardening amd mentioned his spade, je wouldn't have been on his back. For bettsy's sake, use your brain.

Last edited:
Like I said, public apologies do nothing. They're only an admission of guilt and do nothing other than embolden idiots to keep going. Creighton was lost to these idiots several years ago so it's no surprise this is happening.

Reactions: dinglefritz
So you’re calling me basically you, but actually caring about people? Or am I just being compared to the average Trump supporter? How do I learn these street smarts? Pretty sure I can’t change my IQ, but it’s got me plenty far in life so I think I’ll be okay.
What does Trump have to do with it? You have no control over anything; you have proven yourself very weak. Your IQ has gotten you to a bad place.

An apology is what a grown adult and/or emotionally mature person does when they have been hurtful to somebody else whether they meant to or not. I don't get people who act like apologizing comes at the cost of cutting out one of your balls. It doesn't cost anything to say you're sorry.

What do you do to show good faith and help people believe you aren't trying to be a secret racist and sneak racist stuff in where you can? You apologize and seek to understand how you can avoid doing that in the future.

What do you do if you're CU and you want to show you're not giving him a pass just because SPORTS IMPORTANT but also you don't think he's a malicious person who needs to be fired? You issue a statement and you give him a suspension.

If it's not a PATTERN it's not a PROBLEM going forward. If he keeps doing it...now you have an issue.

Saying dumb shit isn't a way of life. I don't know WTF some of you think you're defending.

Agree and disagree. Those who say "never apologize" make zero sense. You aren't necessarily admitting anything, other than admitting that you may have offended those who are acting offended. It doesn't mean you are wrong, but rather it means that you sorry for offending someone. Don't say it if you don't mean it. In this case, it's very obvious how it could be seen as offensive, so saying "I'm sorry for choosing that word because I fully understand how it can be seen as offensive" is the right, and easy, thing to do.

BUT

unless there is a lot more to this, CU shouldn't have done a damn thing, and they are 100% wrong in suspending him. Their response should be "Coach's comments were totally inappropriate, however, he has an impeccable reputation and integrity and we do not believe his comments were representative of who he is as a person. He has apologized, spoken with the members of the team, and we believe he fully regrets what he said and that his apologies are heartfelt and sincere. The University is certain that nothing like this will happen again, and we look forward to a continued growth and success with our student body and the leaders of this University."

Suspending him was such a cowardly move. I will root against Creighton in all things going forward, until they give me a reason not to.

unless there is a lot more to this
i dont think there is.
if im him i try to work out a deal with the university and move on.
he can never coach those kids, again.
its over.
go asst coach somewhere (nba? like kelvin sampson) for a few years and resurrect somewhere else.

I agree he should quit at this point. The administration gave him a big F U and honestly, the players did too today.

McDermott is back like nothing has happened. Hypocrites.

tenor.gif

I have to agree. I’ve never heard anyone ever use this phrase in any context. Is this really a phrase? What does it even mean? If it means something like ‘go rogue’ then why not just say that?? Dumb choice of words but I don’t think McDermott is a racist.
Even more stupid anyone is making a big deal out of this.
What a joke the world is becoming

I agree he should quit at this point. The administration gave him a big F U and honestly, the players did too today.
How's so boy. Cmon boy. Prove your point.
This whole thing is a frickin joke.
What a pussy world this is becoming

i dont think there is.
its over.
go asst coach somewhere (nba? like kelvin sampson) for a few years and resurrect somewhere else.
Gimme a break. Your Jealous as heck cause McDermott is a great coach.

i dont think there is.
its over.
You jealous runnin scared NEBRASKA fan who can't take the fact that Creighton is a good basketball team.

You jealous runnin scared NEBRASKA fan who can't take the fact that Creighton is a good basketball team.

May be true but your ceiling is first weekend of the tourney with onE win. Big East is horrible this year. Still don’t see them getting past Butler todAy. They split the regular season games.

you're ridiculous.
if mcdermott can make it out of the first round of tournament with them, my hats off.
i just think they've all poisoned the well...

Villanova knocked out of the Big East tourney. Did the Qooks have a red-hot take predicting that outcome?

How would Nyatawa know if it's related? Sounds to me like he's totally guessing, and actually hoping, but doesn't know. What I do know is his players seemed to have had his back, minus the tattle tale that had to leak the story to the outside world....but outside of him they seem to be just fine with Greg.

yes might be unrelated .. posted more for the decommit info than anything related to the coach's comments

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Unless the young man said it’s related to it, it’s speculation. Then again for Jon it can be speculated that he tosses that in to get clicks and likes.

• Love
Reactions: dinglefritz
Creighton doing some healing right now against Butler. I’m gonna say Creighton at least gets to the sweet 16 this year if not further.

The second everyone found out that Mac was a racist, TyTy's Dad came out and said they would only focus on the rest of his season. They did that and now they left the Jay's. Not taking a huge leap to see why.

Big East is horrible this year. Still don’t see them getting past Butler todAy.
Well Q-ball, at least your red-hot political takes are still right on the money.

If the Jays win the whole thing, do you think President Trump will invite them to the White House?

May be true but your ceiling is first weekend of the tourney with onE win. Big East is horrible this year. Still don’t see them getting past Butler todAy. They split the regular season games.
Took em to the woodshed that you claimed Nebraska was gonna take the jays too

ADVERTISEMENT