ADVERTISEMENT

Craig Bohl

Oct 31, 2017
Your head
We need to get back to the basics of what makes Nebraska, Nebraska. Homegrown players - locking down the state of Nebraska. Hard-nosed, physical football, especially on offense. No excuses, and attention to detail.

Hire Craig Bohl away from Wyoming. It’s our only shot with a good coach that has ties to Nebraska at this point.

#getbacktobohlgames

You know what separates good football coaches from great football coaches, especially those coming from lesser programs to the big stage? Recruiting. I doubt Bohl would be stellar at that part of the equation.
While I am not at all advocating for Craig to be the next HC at NU, to say he is not a stellar recruiter ignores the facts. He went into the Wyoming job well aware of the recruiting challenges. He has become a certified pilot so he can travel the great distances necessary to recruit to Laramie, and his record with quarterbacks, for example, is borderline spectacular (and definitely superior to a certain red-clad program's). He has kids from California, Texas and Illinois, among many other places, on his roster. He loves recruiting Nebraska kids too -- check out his roster.
Craig is a heck of a coach who unfortunately went off the rails toward the end of his NU tenure. He paid for it and has come back strong.
And yes, he will finish his career in Laramie.

While I am not at all advocating for Craig to be the next HC at NU, to say he is not a stellar recruiter ignores the facts. He went into the Wyoming job well aware of the recruiting challenges. He has become a certified pilot so he can travel the great distances necessary to recruit to Laramie, and his record with quarterbacks, for example, is borderline spectacular (and definitely superior to a certain red-clad program's). He has kids from California, Texas and Illinois, among many other places, on his roster. He loves recruiting Nebraska kids too -- check out his roster.
Craig is a heck of a coach who unfortunately went off the rails toward the end of his NU tenure. He paid for it and has come back strong.
But. Does the talent he recruits to wyoming equate to the talent that he would need to recruit at nebraska for us to even be respectable? Not saying he isnt a good recruiter for wyoming, just dont know if he would be good enough at nebraska.

But. Does the talent he recruits to wyoming equate to the talent that he would need to recruit at nebraska for us to even be respectable? Not saying he isnt a good recruiter for wyoming, just dont know if he would be good enough at nebraska.
The answer is no, and I don't see it getting better. I actually had high hopes for Frosty on the recruiting front. Young, energetic coach that seemed to really mesh with his players..... and fail.

Good golly, we really have entered the twilight zone -- or silly season. Take your pick. (not directed at those who are sanely pointing out that its a big fat NO THANK YOU to Craig Bohl) His teams weren't all that good even with Josh Allen at QB.

bohl will never leave laramie for lincoln. basically he gets the guys that others pass over. his teams are sound but always lack depth.
fishing, horses and little pressure as he just coaches sound football and rides away into his retirement

The answer is no, and I don't see it getting better. I actually had high hopes for Frosty on the recruiting front. Young, energetic coach that seemed to really mesh with his players..... and fail.
Other than QB I think he's recruited pretty well. He screwed the pooch at QB but you should have heard the praise for McCaffrey's arm from Rice's head coach. Shocking.

We need to get back to the basics of what makes Nebraska, Nebraska. Homegrown players - locking down the state of Nebraska. Hard-nosed, physical football, especially on offense. No excuses, and attention to detail.

Hire Craig Bohl away from Wyoming. It’s our only shot with a good coach that has ties to Nebraska at this point.

#getbacktobohlgames
One question. Did Bob Devaney have Nebraska ties?? Don't think it was a requirement then. Sure as heck shouldn't be a requirement now!!

One question. Did Bob Devaney have Nebraska ties?? Don't think it was a requirement then. Sure as heck shouldn't be a requirement now!!
It doesn’t get any more homegrown than SF and look how that turned out.

This time if we have to go outside of the Husker circle so be it! Trev please find someone who not only knows their X’s and O’s, but can recruit well, teaches and develops players, stresses sound football fundamentals, can manage the game, and can build a staff that knows the same and can help do the same!

Reactions: pharvey0829
Off the rails? Not familiar… what happened ?

You know what separates good football coaches from great football coaches, especially those coming from lesser programs to the big stage? Recruiting. I doubt Bohl would be stellar at that part of the equation.
The OP didn’t mention recruiting. Ha ha

all you need to be successful is hard nosed in state kids, physical offensive football and paying attention to detail.

Tommy Frazier as QB coach.
Christin Peter as DL coach.
Mike Brown as DB coach.
Scott Frost as OC. Oh wait...

• Haha
Reactions: pharvey0829
Why Craig? If you say he is a former husker, I’m gonna hurl. That should not be a requirement
I say being a former husker should count against anyone applying for a job at Nebraska. Time to get someone from outside the program, perhaps hiring former Nebraska coaches/players is part of the reason Nebraska has become so stale over the years.

Hire the best coach. Husker ties are not important; WINNING IS.

Frost has put his friendship with his coaches above the state of the program.

Reactions: HBK4life
Hire Steve Addazio and his staff. He may make things interesting in the Big Ten West. His DC was a former leading RB for Wolverines, while his OC is a former Wisconsin RB and assistant.

Beat Craig Bohl for the boot in Year 1 at Colorado State, while being ambushed by Covid-19 throughout his move from Boston.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT