ADVERTISEMENT

Cox...(Omaha Internet)

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
Yes, I know this is the 289,208,200th thread on Omaha internet options.

Man...I've been loyal to Cox FOREVER. I originally got them when I moved into my apartment in 1998. I chose that apartment because Cox offered service there (that was back before it was normal to have it).

Last month, I looked at my bill and just BLAH. $77.99 per month for 50 MBPS. So...I went over to Centurylink's website. Sure enough 40MBPS for $34.99 per month (2 year contract).

So...I call Cox. I explain to them my situation and they reroute me to their 'customer loyalty' number and the guy tells me he could give me..... FIVE DOLLARS OFF A MONTH. WTF.

So, I told him that's not even close to enough. He said that he can't get anywhere close to CL. I asked him if he could even give me a promo for 6 months...nope.

So...I call CL. They tell me that they want my business so bad they'll do $29.99 / month for that 40MBPS and it's only a 1 year contract AND their data cap is 3TB instead of 1TB from Cox. He tells me I can try it out for 30 days and if it's not fast enough I can return everything no harm/no foul.

WTF? I guess after almost 20 years I'm no longer a Cox customer. Thanks for nothing for all the years of loyalty.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News