ADVERTISEMENT

Cowboys hire McCarthy. Other hires..

At least he tries. There are many owners who only care about butts in seats.

But does he truly care? He is a bad owner, has said numerous times he would have fired himself as GM. A good owner knows his limitations and puts appropriate people in place. I have lived in DFW for 30+ years and cowboys fans are pissed, 3 playoff wins in 27 years is just pathetic. And btw I’m a Chiefs fan

But does he truly care? He is a bad owner, has said numerous times he would have fired himself as GM. A good owner knows his limitations and puts appropriate people in place. I have lived in DFW for 30+ years and cowboys fans are pissed, 3 playoff wins in 27 years is just pathetic. And btw I’m a Chiefs fan
Yes, I believe he cares. But he can't get out of his own way.

lol

Question: Will Petersen be longer remembered for what he did at Boise State or at Washington?

I don’t see Chris leaving U Dub to go to the Cowboys. I think he will end up at another Group of 5 school that is well funded much like what he had at Boise State. Great coach who doesn’t want live in a fishbowl environment that he had to endure in Seattle.

I doubt Mark Few will ever leave the Zags for the same reason. Mark gets everything he wants and gets to live with very little pressure in Spokane.

I don’t see Chris leaving U Dub to go to the Cowboys. I think he will end up at another Group of 5 school that is well funded much like what he had at Boise State. Great coach who doesn’t want live in a fishbowl environment that he had to endure in Seattle.

I doubt Mark Few will ever leave the Zags for the same reason. Mark gets everything he wants and gets to live with very little pressure in Spokane.
Then why did he leave Boise State in the first place? A guy like this doesn't make dumb mistakes.

Last edited:
Names being mentioned. Matt Rhule from Baylor. OU coach Lincoln Riley and of course Urban Meyer. Now IF one of those guys is hired do they become a Jimmy Johnson and Pete Carroll college to pro success story? Or do they find out they are better off in CFB like Saban and Spurrier who failed in the NFL. Discuss..

maybe Bo Pelini, definitely Bo....

They don’t even have to fire Garrett. I read his contract expires at the end of the season.

i think Lincoln Riley coached (or un-coached) his way out of the Cowboys job, or at least consideration.

Would anyone be surprised if Jerry appointed himself as Head Coach. Two things can make a person do ill-rational things; power &/or money. Jerry has both.

Cowboys are in purgatory...they have to stick with Dak, who still doesn't look to me like a guy you're dying to hitch your wagon to...and Jerrah signs your checks....

..and as I type this the Browns fire Kitchens....so he's available bnow :)

Big question is where does Jason Garrett wind up. He's a guy like musical chairs. Not sure he's coordinator material so he may have to sit a year

Urban Meyer. Lincoln Riley? Wonder how popular he would be in D after the beat down they got in their bowl game??

i think Lincoln Riley coached (or un-coached) his way out of the Cowboys job, or at least consideration.

Would anyone be surprised if Jerry appointed himself as Head Coach. Two things can make a person do ill-rational things; power &/or money. Jerry has both.
I don’t think one bad game against the best team in CFB changes the way people look at Lincoln Riley.

Names being mentioned. Matt Rhule from Baylor. OU coach Lincoln Riley and of course Urban Meyer. Now IF one of those guys is hired do they become a Jimmy Johnson and Pete Carroll college to pro success story? Or do they find out they are better off in CFB like Saban and Spurrier who failed in the NFL. Discuss..

Well, to be fair, third time in the NFL turned out to be the charm for Pete Carroll.

Reactions: chopter
as long as Jerry is there, I don't expect them to be overly competitive. his ego is too over the top still to allow someone he don't know that well to run his game for him. he was teammates at Arkansas with Barry & Jimmy, that's just how he is wired, old school control freak, IMO.

Well, he's doing something right owning the most valuable franchise in sports. In the world.

Well, he's doing something right owning the most valuable franchise in sports. In the world.
He is a very smart businessman and took a big risk buying the Boys for 250 million who are now valued at 5 billion. That's an incredible return on his investment. He just needs to realize he is not a GM or a coach. He is an owner. A very successful owner. Nothing more. Nothing less. Give up some control and step aside as GM and President.

He is a very smart businessman and took a big risk buying the Boys for 250 million who are now valued at 5 billion. That's an incredible return on his investment. He just needs to realize he is not a GM or a coach. He is an owner. A very successful owner. Nothing more. Nothing less. Give up some control and step aside as GM and President.
Hoping he continues to meddle in all aspects. Maybe he can pay himself as their new HC.

#FEF
#gobirds

Reactions: huskerfan66
There's talk about Matt Rhule calling the Giants gig his dream job.

Say what you may about Frost's first two seasons, but it's great having a coach who already has his dream job.

How much of that worth is the stadium and how much did that cost

ADVERTISEMENT