ADVERTISEMENT

Cowards first gone from B1G Tournament

I think it’s funny that Husker fans are the first to blame other schools for our failure to have success. We need to start owning the facts. The facts are we failed to win enough games to finish top 8 in the conference in baseball, football, and basketball. Nebraska sucks at sports rn, and it’s not Purdues fault. So sorry to tell the truth.

Reactions: SeaInRed and allum
I think it’s funny that Husker fans are the first to blame other schools for our failure to have success. We need to start owning the facts. The facts are we failed to win enough games to finish top 8 in the conference in baseball, football, and basketball. Nebraska sucks at sports rn, and it’s not Purdues fault. So sorry to tell the truth.
Nebraska had a bad season and Purdue are indeed cowards. Both of these things can be true.

We won more games than Purdon't, your "truth" argument holds zero value. And quite frankly, it's straight garbage while missing the entire disdain towards them.

Reactions: huskerfan66
We don’t allow football and basketball talk on this board. One has won a title the last couple years while the others haven’t even sniffed a .500 record the last 4.

Reactions: sklarbodds and k9_r
Please bring another example of a team refusing to take the tarp off the field while there is no rain within hundreds of miles. I'll wait.

We're blaming others for our failures? No. We're blaming Purdue for cheating, for manipulating things in order to avoid playing a scheduled game.

The fact that it was us who was affected by Purdue's actions gives us the right to examine those actions and comment on them.

Try this...
Purdue didn't cancel b/c of weather, they canceled b/c of the threat of weather. Who does that? That doesn't happen in organized baseball anywhere. And then there's this - sklarbodds reported that at 4:30 Saturday there was still no rain. A full 4 1/2 hours after the game was supposed to have started. Are you kidding me?

Furthermore, that threat of weather was known days before the Saturday game and could have been easily avoided with a double header on Friday. That didn't happen in spite of that being common practice everywhere, every season. We've done that, everyone has done that.

Purdue clearly manipulated events to avoid losing a game which violated the spirit, if not the actual intent, of the Big Ten rules regarding game forfeitures. And was a slap in the face of sportsmanship. Their actions were disgusting. That's not baseball, that's not sports, that's corporate machinations.

And it wasn't just us that Purdue burned. Northwestern won Saturday and had we lost (we owned the tie breaker over NW) it would have been NW cheated out of that 8 seed.

Not one person is blaming them for us missing the tournament.. Huge swing a miss.

We all agreed last week because of their cowardice the B1G should have just had 7 teams.

Nice try tho.

The baseball board is full of people that love the game and care about the integrity of it.

So maybe this board isn't for you

Please bring another example of a team refusing to take the tarp off the field while there is no rain within hundreds of miles. I'll wait.
It sure would be nice for the league to get involved in a situation like this. It can't be 100% left up to the home team whether or not the game can be played. If that's the case this sets a dangerous precedent, not to mention Maryland's idiotic travel plans.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT