ADVERTISEMENT

COVID19: just curious about #s in your area

Suhrreal

Defensive Coordinator
Jun 1, 2009
This will be mostly for people outside of the state of Nebraska. I am in southern California. I have been following the data in my area for about two months now. At first, there were almost no cases here. I did not know anybody that had the virus. I did not even know anybody who knew somebody that had the virus. The first sudden spike came when I read that about 80 people in a nursing home had tested positive. I thought that was fairly logical. Elderly packed in like that...it's going to happen eventually.

Well it's been another month out here and I still do not know anybody that has the virus or anybody that knows somebody that has it. I was reading this Twitter thread with the hashtag #opencalifornianow. Apparently almost 50% of the deaths in California have been from nursing homes. California has only had 1800 deaths. A couple of ER doctors gained some press run lately for saying the true death rate in California has been closer to 0.03%. In fact, YouTube actually attempted to censor their 50 minute video explaining how they came to this number.

Just wondering if anyone has heard similar things in their area regarding the nursing homes.

This will be mostly for people outside of the state of Nebraska. I am in southern California. I have been following the data in my area for about two months now. At first, there were almost no cases here. I did not know anybody that had the virus. I did not even know anybody who knew somebody that had the virus. The first sudden spike came when I read that about 80 people in a nursing home had tested positive. I thought that was fairly logical. Elderly packed in like that...it's going to happen eventually.

Well it's been another month out here and I still do not know anybody that has the virus or anybody that knows somebody that has it. I was reading this Twitter thread with the hashtag #opencalifornianow. Apparently almost 50% of the deaths in California have been from nursing homes. California has only had 1800 deaths. A couple of ER doctors gained some press run lately for saying the true death rate in California has been closer to 0.03%. In fact, YouTube actually attempted to censor their 50 minute video explaining how they came to this number.

Just wondering if anyone has heard similar things in their area regarding the nursing homes.
I'm in Orange County (perhaps you are as well). As of 4:00pm today there have been 2,153 positive tests and 42 deaths out of a population of 3.1 million people. See link below.

https://www.latimes.com/projects/california-coronavirus-cases-tracking-outbreak/orange-county/

I spoke with my doctor (orthopedic) at length about a week ago. He is of the opinion that 50% of the population has been exposed to Covid-19 with the vast majority not knowing or having minor symptoms. Just one doctors opinion (whose not a virologist).

Last edited:

If you're referring to the gentlemen in Kern County...they are owners of an urgent care center that is struggling financially. Their claims about C19....and their claims that the county health department are in agreement with them on C19, appear to be not entirely truthful.

https://bakersfieldnow.com/news/loc...laims-from-doctors-at-accelerated-urgent-care

with censorship going on, it is blatantly obvious that something sinister is going on. Locked down to flatten the curve to now mowing the goalposts with endless demands. Conspiracies exist for a reason. It smells fishy as all hell.

Chicago isn’t doing too hot. Or maybe it’s doing too hot, I don’t know, but there are a lot. Been a steady daily case of +2000 in Illinois. Though I’ve been back in Omaha this past couple of weeks and maybe three people have been wearing masks at the Bakers on Saddle Creek every time I’ve stopped in, so I guess everything is fine here.

I couldn’t believe that report by MIT saying New York subway was “incubating and spreading” the virus...... duh. Couldn’t believe they never shut it down

But I mean how can you. Same with Chicago where folks take the metro to and from work. A lot of the essential workers and so forth need it, but it should be shut down, but also it’s needed. It sucks

Reactions: dinglefritz
Raleigh-ish NC. Most deaths happening at care facilities. Same thing out here. People are done being locked up. BBQ's starting to happen in my neighborhood.

But I mean how can you. Same with Chicago where folks take the metro to and from work. A lot of the essential workers and so forth need it, but it should be shut down, but also it’s needed. It sucks

And to make matters even worse never shut it down periodically for cleaning- WTF

2 people in the county I live in and 27 in the county I work in. Went to menards last week and I would say 60 percent were wearing masks. That's a lot higher than I would have guessed out of a stubborn rural county that hasn't had that many cases.

with censorship going on, it is blatantly obvious that something sinister is going on. Locked down to flatten the curve to now mowing the goalposts with endless demands. Conspiracies exist for a reason. It smells fishy as all hell.
More likely people upset with their blatant use of selection bias were spamming the report button and YouTube's robots took it down.

Reactions: regionsdoc
I'm in Orange County (perhaps you are as well). As of 4:00pm today there have been 2,153 positive tests and 42 deaths out of a population of just under 4 million people. See link below.

https://www.latimes.com/projects/california-coronavirus-cases-tracking-outbreak/orange-county/

I spoke with my doctor (orthopedic) at length about a week ago. He is of the opinion that 50% of the population has been exposed to Covid-19 with the vast majority not knowing or having minor symptoms. Just one doctors opinion (whose not a virologist).
He's likely more right than way off.
In my area, one county has zero, another a handful, another a handful. I'm in Gods country up here.

Reactions: sandiegohawk
Essential workers have cards. Shut it down just for them. Then we'll get the response we need to get.

More likely people upset with their blatant use of selection bias were spamming the report button and YouTube's robots took it down.
No, thats not how you shut down one of your highest money makers.
Not left to a robot. They made the decision, they know whats best for you, as does some leaders who wanted it shutbdown too, and limit your liberties etc.
It's a they know best, you simply need to follow what they command, you have no other choices unless you go elsewheres.

We need better choices vs we accept stupid reasons for shutting it down on youtube, and it appears our economy at times too.
One choice, one control doesnt make us smarter or safer.
What if that one choice is wrong?

It amazed me the numbers of California compared to the rest of the country.... listening to Rush Limbaugh months ago he wondered aloud about it and theorized they had been exposed already (nov-jan) with influx of 5-7000 people coming from China daily into San Fransisco and Los Angeles.

It amazed me the numbers of California compared to the rest of the country.... listening to Rush Limbaugh months ago he wondered aloud about it and theorized they had been exposed already (nov-jan) with influx of 5-7000 people coming from China daily into San Fransisco and Los Angeles.
The earliest known case was done port mortem, that person died feb 6th, contracted the virus likely no later than mid January

Youtube isn't the government; they have every right to censor something that is put on their platform.

CA VS NE cases 46445 / 39512000 .00118 per capita
3374 / 1934000 .00174

on the reported numbers Gov N and CA doing a good job

Currently, reported numbers contain no antibody numbers.
The antibody numbers will vary, and until those antibody tests are done with fda approved test kits only, they will not include them.
But using fda approved testing, its anywheres from 5 to 50 fold the current numbers tested that are official.
So, likely 3% to 20 odd percent in reality. Depending on region.
Look at NY numbers.
Out state is 3-4%, NYC is 25%
Now, thats jusy antibody known, not including current people with the virus.

But NYC is an outlier here, high impact due to euro and chinese esrly infection, plus transport,subway,closed indoor areas with large numbers of people etc.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I'm in the Dominican Republic. About 275 deaths for the entire country. The confirmed recovery rates are about 40:1. I think I had it Dec. when I flew back from the states through JFK. There were many Chinese with masks sitting about 40' from most of the day. Had an 11 hour lay over. Took about 2 weeks to get over. Funkiest thing I've ever had.

FWIW, it was reported earlier today that Bryan Health had 111 positive results last Wed and 254 today. They serve most of Nebraska west of the Platte, so certainly not all positives from Lincoln, but most would most certainly be from Lancaster County, and then some Saline, Gage and Seward Counties. It was reported they tested something like 80, 160, 120 on their 3 recent trips to Crete with their mobile unit.

these numbers are higher than what state and county health Dept showed so far ...perhaps there is a lag in collating data from testing sites.

1) Do you have proof or evidence of that?

2) The 1st Amendment basically guarantees that Congress shall make no law restricting speech. Doesn't say anything about anyone else.
CIA and special interest groups are involved in media.

Irrelevant since the Gov doesn't even follow its own rules.

You really think google, twitter, and facebook are coming up with this shit on their own? They're controlled.

So concerned with the "truth" when it comes from the right. Said nothing for 3 years of trump russia lies.

The virus has the ability to be devastating. Those facts are clear. The fact that your region has weathered it should be clear evidence that the lockdown saved lives. I guarantee that Lombardy, New York, Wuhan, Paris, London, Detroit, Chicago would love a similar experience...the response America has taken is directly proportional to its high levels of illness, poverty, ignorance, and malfunctional medicine. If we had our shiite together we could have pulled a sweden...let a bunch of old people die as the healthy active people just get a little cold.

The virus has the ability to be devastating. Those facts are clear. The fact that your region has weathered it should be clear evidence that the lockdown saved lives. I guarantee that Lombardy, New York, Wuhan, Paris, London, Detroit, Chicago would love a similar experience...the response America has taken is directly proportional to its high levels of illness, poverty, ignorance, and malfunctional medicine. If we had our shiite together we could have pulled a sweden...let a bunch of old people die as the healthy active people just get a little cold.
The virus can be/is devastating to a small segment of the population. Job loss, poverty and despair are/will be devastating to an even larger segment. Let's move, aggressively, to help both, now. Much more is known, now, than was apparent when the lockdown-and-shield-everyone-from-the-virus approach was adopted.

The virus can be/is devastating to a small segment of the population. Job loss, poverty and despair are/will be devastating to an even larger segment. Let's move, aggressively, to help both, now. Much more is known, now, than was apparent when the lockdown-and-shield-everyone-from-the-virus approach was adopted.
Yeah the economic devastation is going to be far worse than the virus. Just think of the small business owner especially a established one good chance they had it all paid for no mortgage and now there told to shut their doors for going on a month. No money coming in but they still have to pay bill. Now their in debt from nothing they did wrong, it was out of their control.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT