Covid was all about the $$

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
I said it before, the attack on HCQ and IV were political AND were about $$. If we used cheap, plentiful drugs to fight the virus, the big pharma companies would make ZERO money on this "crisis". Vaccine dollars guaranteed by the US government and paid for by borrowing from our unborn grandchildren was the plan from the beginning. Who got in the way of this plan? President Trump, and they crucified him over this.

Just think about it, why would it matter if Trump recommends a drug that could help millions of people that was dirt cheap? Why attack the man so viciously about a drug that has a 50+ year track record of being safe, and even if it wasn't "the most effective", it could have saved hundreds of thousands of lives if given a chance. And we are now learning about its efficacy after the vaccines are released. But why attack the man? It's because big pharma and the Democrats planned (as is always their plan) to "never let a crisis go to waste". They were going to profit off of it no matter what. Trump had nothing to gain by recommending a drug that he had heard was effective against this new virus. Trump isn't a doctor, he was just trying to do the best he could to save lives without any alternatives available early during the pandemic, especially in countries around the world that couldn't wait and can't afford expensive vaccines.

Now we know why Merck attacked the safety of their own drug IV. They wanted to make $$ off of Molnupiravir, another drug that they are racing to get EUA for. If you think this was anything but a money grab from big Pharma, you're the delusional one.

garoberts

Gold Member
Nov 7, 2006
I said it before, the attack on HCQ and IV were political AND were about $$. If we used cheap, plentiful drugs to fight the virus, the big pharma companies would make ZERO money on this "crisis". Vaccine dollars guaranteed by the US government and paid for by borrowing from our unborn grandchildren was the plan from the beginning. Who got in the way of this plan? President Trump, and they crucified him over this.

Just think about it, why would it matter if Trump recommends a drug that could help millions of people that was dirt cheap? Why attack the man so viciously about a drug that has a 50+ year track record of being safe, and even if it wasn't "the most effective", it could have saved hundreds of thousands of lives if given a chance. And we are now learning about its efficacy after the vaccines are released. But why attack the man? It's because big pharma and the Democrats planned (as is always their plan) to "never let a crisis go to waste". They were going to profit off of it no matter what. Trump had nothing to gain by recommending a drug that he had heard was effective against this new virus. Trump isn't a doctor, he was just trying to do the best he could to save lives without any alternatives available early during the pandemic, especially in countries around the world that couldn't wait and can't afford expensive vaccines.

Now we know why Merck attacked the safety of their own drug IV. They wanted to make $$ off of Molnupiravir, another drug that they are racing to get EUA for. If you think this was anything but a money grab from big Pharma, you're the delusional one.

Jesus, what a moron and idiot you are!!!!

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
28f6594878a16ffb754a63d37a741ac0.gif

Reactions: Jaemekon

lost_in_office_space

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 2, 2007
Man it’s frustrating to see people lose the message based off the messenger.

I think anyone with an open mind and a healthy amount of cynicism should be skeptical of the therapeutics and frankly heavy handed influence from policy makers and pharmaceutical companies regarding covid.

Now was covid all about the $$? No. That’s a sensational statement intended to irk some. The problem is, there is something really off about the way about ivermectin. And yes to me it appears currently that their is more financial gain and likely no other benefit from touting other drugs. It definitely doesn’t pass the smell test for me. Their is way too much dissenting opinion in the experts and medical professionals for there to be any consensus. Yet discussion of ivermectin could get you removed from social platforms by dissemination of misinformation. Hopefully more information continues to come out and we can get an better understanding of if/how/when it is helpful. And stop allowing those that may have a conflict of interest in filtering the information that is made readily available.

Same with the gain of function lab in wuhan. Same with who may be concerned about their association of said lab and if there weren’t proper precautions taking place. Same with those that may have been aware early on their was potentially helpful research and data regarding the source but chose to look away or try to sweep it under the rug for fear of personal implications.

I get it, don’t question the narrative, or whatever. **** sake it’s maddening to see.

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
Man it’s frustrating to see people lose the message based off the messenger.

I think anyone with an open mind and a healthy amount of cynicism should be skeptical of the therapeutics and frankly heavy handed influence from policy makers and pharmaceutical companies regarding covid.

Now was covid all about the $$? No. That’s a sensational statement intended to irk some. The problem is, there is something really off about the way about ivermectin. And yes to me it appears currently that their is more financial gain and likely no other benefit from touting other drugs. It definitely doesn’t pass the smell test for me. Their is way too much dissenting opinion in the experts and medical professionals for there to be any consensus. Yet discussion of ivermectin could get you removed from social platforms by dissemination of misinformation. Hopefully more information continues to come out and we can get an better understanding of if/how/when it is helpful. And stop allowing those that may have a conflict of interest in filtering the information that is made readily available.

Same with the gain of function lab in wuhan. Same with who may be concerned about their association of said lab and if there weren’t proper precautions taking place. Same with those that may have been aware early on their was potentially helpful research and data regarding the source but chose to look away or try to sweep it under the rug for fear of personal implications.

I get it, don’t question the narrative, or whatever. **** sake it’s maddening to see.
Your limiting it just to covid? Hate to break it to you but we live in a capitalist society that breeds off of manipulation and the overall concept of making as much money as possible as fast as you can. This is nothing new. Pharma has always played this part in our society.

Reactions: nelsonj22

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003

So big Pharma created a crisis in order to make even more money than they already are in our country. Your stance is that Trump was right all along and we really needed to just utilize HQ and all would have been much better and hundreds of thousands of lives would have been saved without shutting down the country or the world for that matter.

Interesting?

Reactions: philosophusker

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)
So big Pharma created a crisis in order to make even more money than they already are in our country. Your stance is that Trump was right all along and we really needed to just utilize HQ and all would have been much better and hundreds of thousands of lives would have been saved without shutting down the country or the world for that matter.

Interesting?
Just a shame that Trump was in bed with big pharma creating the vaccine with them all along. Trump probably got a kick back pushing that through so quickly. I remember Trump bragging about getting the vaccine approved so fast, he must have been working with Big Pharma! Can't say I blame him really since Trump is a mentally unstable individual who only cares about money. He can't really help it.

Shameful.

lost_in_office_space

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 2, 2007
Your limiting it just to covid? Hate to break it to you but we live in a capitalist society that breeds off of manipulation and the overall concept of making as much money as possible as fast as you can. This is nothing new. Pharma has always played this part in our society.
No not at all. Why would you assume that? And how does that dismiss this example of being an issue? Especially when many influential people that were questioning the last year about some of these things, those that did the questioning were labeled as Q or conspiracy nuts, etc. And it was being done by the public as much as anything. Now (not necessarily you because I don’t know what your position has been) many that wanted to ignore some reasonable concerns as conspiracy or trump whatevers, say well, yeah of course this shit happens.

Regarding what you said, I agree, But I’ve never seen so many people dismiss the concern regarding covid. I’ve never seen as much censorship regarding information from the most trafficked media platforms. It’s heavily curated. And I think most are well intentioned parties to this “ministry of truth” type of atmosphere. You know the “trust the science” type of thing. Well sure, I trust science and data, but in order to do that I’d like to see all the data, I’d like to here the experts including those who may differ in opinion. Covid is probably the most significant advancement in people readily accepting curated information “for our own good” I’ve ever witnessed in my life. And unfortunately those that are playing a big part in filtering out what is “misinformation” are not particularly unbiased. Yes it happens a lot in many areas, but it feels like we really took a big step forward in the last year.

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
No not at all. Why would you assume that? And how does that dismiss this example of being an issue? Especially when many influential people that were questioning the last year about some of these things, those that did the questioning were labeled as Q or conspiracy nuts, etc. And it was being done by the public as much as anything. Now (not necessarily you because I don’t know what your position has been) many that wanted to ignore some reasonable concerns as conspiracy or trump whatevers, say well, yeah of course this shit happens.

Regarding what you said, I agree, But I’ve never seen so many people dismiss the concern regarding covid. I’ve never seen as much censorship regarding information from the most trafficked media platforms. It’s heavily curated. And I think most are well intentioned parties to this “ministry of truth” type of atmosphere. You know the “trust the science” type of thing. Well sure, I trust science and data, but in order to do that I’d like to see all the data, I’d like to here the experts including those who may differ in opinion. Covid is probably the most significant advancement in people readily accepting curated information “for our own good” I’ve ever witnessed in my life. And unfortunately those that are playing a big part in filtering out what is “misinformation” are not particularly unbiased. Yes it happens a lot in many areas, but it feels like we really took a big step forward in the last year.
I believe in the science. I believe in the words of not only those in the CDC but also those on Trumps Covid response team that recognized that HQ, and other rudimentary drugs and techniques were not the answer to the Covid puzzle. I believe people that I personally know that are at high levels in infectious disease.

What I don't believe in is mis-information spread rampantly on forums and on cable news networks that were desperately trying to save Trump's ass.

I don't buy into all of the censorship BS as everything that I saw that was censored was aimed at those who were trying to destroy our faith in science and in those in the medical world.

I do thank you for your intelligent response and cordial way of doing so. We just disagree on this subject.

lost_in_office_space

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 2, 2007
I believe in the science. I believe in the words of not only those in the CDC but also those on Trumps Covid response team that recognized that HQ, and other rudimentary drugs and techniques were not the answer to the Covid puzzle. I believe people that I personally know that are at high levels in infectious disease.

What I don't believe in is mis-information spread rampantly on forums and on cable news networks that were desperately trying to save Trump's ass.

I don't buy into all of the censorship BS as everything that I saw that was censored was aimed at those who were trying to destroy our faith in science and in those in the medical world.

I do thank you for your intelligent response and cordial way of doing so. We just disagree on this subject.
Just as a completely unnecessary qualifier, I don’t give a shit about trump. Never voted for him. Hate that he gets conflated with this type of thing. Incredibly unproductive.

That said, I’ve seen plenty of people censored or deplatformed, that have done nothing but try to raise awareness of the potential of ivermectin. Only to be unfairly grouped with the nut jobs. Why? Because apparently we are too dumb to make up our own minds, so we must be protected from ourselves. Which I ****ing hate, but to be honest, sadly, I don’t even know if I can disagree.

But bat shit crazy has hijacked the cynical position, and now legitimate discussion is being reduced just to make sure we drown out the bad.

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
Just as a completely unnecessary qualifier, I don’t give a shit about trump. Never voted for him. Hate that he gets conflated with this type of thing. Incredibly unproductive.

That said, I’ve seen plenty of people censored or deplatformed, that have done nothing but try to raise awareness of the potential of ivermectin. Only to be unfairly grouped with the nut jobs. Why? Because apparently we are too dumb to make up our own minds, so we must be protected from ourselves. Which I ****ing hate, but to be honest, sadly, I don’t even know if I can disagree.

But bat shit crazy has hijacked the cynical position, and now legitimate discussion is being reduced just to make sure we drown out the bad.
Amen and well said. Ill be honest I don't know anything about ivermectin.

Bat shit crazy on both sides is ****ing this country right now, but from my perspective its being promoted as truth by one side way more than the other and much more hurtful to our democracy.

Latest posts