COVID Vaccinations

HuskerGuy33

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2005
Toronto
In Nebraska, over 49% of the population has already received at least 1 dose and almost 43% have been fully vaccinated. To reach herd immunity, the vaccination rate percentage depends on the disease. For COVID, it has been reported that the vaccination rate will likely need to be between 70-85% before we reach herd immunity. So if you have decided not to get vaccinated, I'm curious to know what is preventing you. It would be great for us to get back to how things were prior to March, 2020, but with some people refusing the vaccine, will we ever truly get back to normal?

capt'n caveman

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2007
These people that whine about wanting things to get back to normal..... but bitched about or refused to mask up, continued to go out and not social distance, and now are refusing to get the vaccine..... and are now complaining about WHY things aren't back to normal yet? 🙄 fvck you people!

Cash68847

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2017
Ignorance is preventing them. Some folks where it as a badge of honor these days.
Would you vaccinate your kids at this point? There is no way in hell I will. I also didn’t get the vaccine, but I had the rona. If I was an old and or out of shape person I would get it because who cares about possible longterm effects, but if you’re younger and especially a kid it would be stupid to get it when you don’t know what the longterm effects are especially when the actual virus doesn’t do shit to them.

mikecanale

Sophomore
Gold Member
Dec 24, 2010
Would you vaccinate your kids at this point? There is no way in hell I will. I also didn’t get the vaccine, but I had the rona. If I was an old and or out of shape person I would get it because who cares about possible longterm effects, but if you’re younger and especially a kid it would be stupid to get it when you don’t know what the longterm effects are especially when the actual virus doesn’t do shit to them.
I believe there can be long term effects (long haul covid) for healthy, relatively young individuals. You might want to check that out.

Cash68847

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2017
I believe there can be long term effects (long haul covid) for healthy, relatively young individuals. You might want to check that out.
I’ve never read anything about long bail covid for young children. The flu is worse for young kids by the data. Would you vaccinate your child assuming he or she doesn’t have any major medical conditions. I can understand the vaccine in that case.

steinek11

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2014
I’ve never read anything about long bail covid for young children. The flu is worse for young kids by the data. Would you vaccinate your child assuming he or she doesn’t have any major medical conditions. I can understand the vaccine in that case.
Have two nephews with long hauler issues

Jaemekon

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
In Nebraska, over 49% of the population has already received at least 1 dose and almost 43% have been fully vaccinated. To reach herd immunity, the vaccination rate percentage depends on the disease. For COVID, it has been reported that the vaccination rate will likely need to be between 70-85% before we reach herd immunity. So if you have decided not to get vaccinated, I'm curious to know what is preventing you. It would be great for us to get back to how things were prior to March, 2020, but with some people refusing the vaccine, will we ever truly get back to normal?

I don't know man, but shit seems pretty normal everywhere I go (I live in Lincoln). Where are you at that things are not back to normal?

Reactions: kidofSN

mhosek

Sophomore
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
My wife, four kids and I are all recently ‘Vaccinated’ on paper. Found a guy, and it was neither terribly expensive nor difficult.

steinek11

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2014
My wife, four kids and I are all recently ‘Vaccinated’ on paper. Found a guy, and it was neither terribly expensive nor difficult.
Good thing you use your first initial of your first name and your last name as your tag name. And then talk about your career on here, then have that same name linked to your linked in page. Thanks for confessing to a federal offense. I have all three of these things screen shot and will be sending them to the fbi.

😀 committing crimes is fun. Wonder how your employer will feel about one of their directors committing federal crime and maybe even likely lying to them.

Toodles bitch

mhosek

Sophomore
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Good thing you use your first initial of your first name and your last name as your tag name. And then talk about your career on here, then have that same name linked to your linked in page. Thanks for confessing to a federal offense. I have all three of these things screen shot and will be sending them to the fbi.

😀 committing crimes is fun. Wonder how your employer will feel about one of their directors committing federal crime and maybe even likely lying to them.

Toodles bitch
Not my account, lol. Not that dumb, so have fun ringing up someone else...

steinek11

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2014
Not my account, lol. Not that dumb, so have fun ringing up someone else...

Ok. Will do. Awfully coincidental. We will let ol funky bunch answer to the feds. I’m sure they can trace the IP address of this account to whatever computer it is. And if it’s not mr director of accounting, then he shouldn’t worry.

whiteshoes97

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004

Toodles bitch
Lol, I’m sure “the feds” will diligently pursue this. Maybe your tip will help them crack the case.

steinek11

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2014
Lol, I’m sure “the feds” will diligently pursue this. Maybe your tip will help them crack the case.

It’s early in the game. They are gonna want to make public examples the first ones always fall the hardest. I’m more interested in what a giant conglomerate would think of the ethics of a leader within their company

Reactions: philosophusker

mhosek

Sophomore
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Lol okay. Good luck. There are already Millions, BTW. What’d you think was gonna happen? Gubmint/media has a priapism about something and isolates/stigmatizes and even CRIMINALIZES anyone who objects (totalitarianism at best), this is a reflexive and natural response. F*ck you, lol. Happy Sunday...

• Haha
Reactions: nelsonj22

zar45

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2016

You, like many anti-vaxers, are effectively ignoring the virus side of the equation. There's orders of magnitude more evidence of lasting effects of COVID than there is for the vaccine - a vaccine which is only a couple months newer than the disease itself.

steinek11

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2014
Lol okay. Good luck. There are already Millions, BTW. What’d you think was gonna happen? Gubmint/media has a priapism about something and isolates/stigmatizes and even CRIMINALIZES anyone who objects (totalitarianism at best), this is a reflexive and natural response. F*ck you, lol. Happy Sunday...

That’s cool. Tried the employer on record on Twitter but they got a damn bot. I did all this while I was pooping on vacation and now I’m about to hit the beach for the day. I’ll check back in with that company later and try to find the HR contacts in the Omaha region to let them know. In case whoever that is also falsely reported this to his employer. At worst you think it would be disappointing to a company to know a leader would be so dishonest and up to breaking federal crimes to ignore health directives.

But it’s not you, so don’t worry

Happy Sunday indeed. Blue rum drink for breakfast? I think I may

nelsonj22

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
🤣🤣🤣 Stein definitely found'um

steinek11

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2014
🤣🤣🤣 Stein definitely found'um
What’s that thing they always say when black kids get shot and killed? Shouldn’t have committed that crime and you wouldn’t have the consequences. Thankfully for him, he’s a typical Caucasian douchbag, so he might only get fired for lying, or at worst, be looked at very differently by his colleagues

Jaemekon

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
That’s cool. Tried the employer on record on Twitter but they got a damn bot. I did all this while I was pooping on vacation and now I’m about to hit the beach for the day. I’ll check back in with that company later and try to find the HR contacts in the Omaha region to let them know. In case whoever that is also falsely reported this to his employer. At worst you think it would be disappointing to a company to know a leader would be so dishonest and up to breaking federal crimes to ignore health directives.

But it’s not you, so don’t worry

Happy Sunday indeed. Blue rum drink for breakfast? I think I may

@steinek11, disappointed in you with this thread. I didn't take you for a rat.

Dead_rat_blood.JPG

Reactions: HuskerCK

Bigred511

Walk On
Gold Member
Oct 14, 2018
It's not just about 1 person. 1 person can spread Covid to several and result could be long-term Covid issues or death to someone else. I am healthy but since it is a sneaky/contagious virus chose to get vaccinated.

stevehammer

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2001
You clearly have zero understanding about risk. 1 in 500 some people in the country have died of Covid. Your chances of having a bad reaction to the virus are abut one in 500,000. What do you think is gonna happen? Infertility? Just as many people got pregnant during the clinical trials in the control and the vaccine group.
Why get the vaccine if you've already had Covid-19?

The vaccine provides better protection. It's been established.
Why on earth would you pay to fake something that is free to get?

Kids can have long hail symptoms. A 16 year old kid on my nephew's track team collapsed during a meet and was found to have lost 75% of his lung capacity. That's the choice you're making for your child. Essentially zero known risk from the vaccine versus a very real risk to your child and everyone that kid transmits the virus to. Brilliant.

realbp

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 22, 2017
All OUT on Frost
Most people who get the vaccine see the pandemic through the lens of the greater society; those who do not see it as an individual. Their self-centered, not others-centered. I would assume this is the thinking in >80% of all decisions for the vaccine.

mhosek

Sophomore
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Most people who get the vaccine see the pandemic through the lens of the greater society; those who do not see it as an individual. Their self-centered, not others-centered. I would assume this is the thinking in >80% of all decisions for the vaccine
that's a nice philosophical viewpoint, but I think its more a general distrust of the federal government that's making ppl wary of the vaccines. Anytime the Media and Gubmint get their dander up about something as much as they have with this "Pandemic", with as much as they've spent alone on just ADVERTISING, it has to give a person some pause. If you believe what they advertise and that they're there to help you, hey go for it. My basic decisions about life issues stem from Pelosi... if something makes her Hysterically Upset, it's the right decision. That's a basic rule that'll be correct 99.9% of the time.

lolwat

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
that's a nice philosophical viewpoint, but I think its more a general distrust of the federal government that's making ppl wary of the vaccines. Anytime the Media and Gubmint get their dander up about something as much as they have with this "Pandemic", with as much as they've spent alone on just ADVERTISING, it has to give a person some pause. If you believe what they advertise and that they're there to help you, hey go for it. My basic decisions about life issues stem from Pelosi... if something makes her Hysterically Upset, it's the right decision. That's a basic rule that'll be correct 99.9% of the time.

So you, like many others are basically making this decision to make some kind of political grand stand. The libs are pushing that thing that Donald helped fast track, so I'm not gonna take it because Nancy Pelosi.

Your guys posts are a lot like this fellas.

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
And this is a BS take and completely misguided by the far rights inability to take off their tin foil hats. For christ sake you people are something. You clamor about the sacrifices of "The greatest generation" and you're supposed patriotism, yet you balk at the simplest bit of sacrifice that one can make to aid in the general welfare of your countrymen.

It really is pathetic.

steinek11

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2014
And this is a BS take and completely misguided by the far rights inability to take off their tin foil hats. For christ sake you people are something. You clamor about the sacrifices of "The greatest generation" and you're supposed patriotism, yet you balk at the simplest bit of sacrifice that one can make to aid in the general welfare of your countrymen.

It really is pathetic.

And he’s admitted to a federal offense to skirt around having to do the least thing to protect others.

Hope he didn’t lie to his employer who is receiving emails here shortly

mhosek

Sophomore
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
And he’s admitted to a federal offense to skirt around having to do the least thing to protect others.

Hope he didn’t lie to his employer who is receiving emails here shortly
Again, you’re going after the wrong person. I use an Onion router, and not my acct. Not stupid, lol, I’d never open my mouth in this environment with my NAME on it, because I know there’s hysterical ppl like YOU here. And don’t have a tinfoil hat in my wardrobe, sadly, I just don’t drink the Koolaid the Gubmint is doling out, thru the ‘media’. And I’ll probably get the vaccine, eventually. Am not blind to what’s going on, just a little more cautious than most. Can neither confirm nor deny I’ve looked at a Cold War Silo in the last month, that said. Fully believe in the probability I’ll have to hunker down the family @ some point, or at least just completely retire to get off the grid and away from the IRS. F*ck them. Can’t hurt to be prepared.