ADVERTISEMENT

Covid Thread: Trump about to reopen this country tonight IF...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe they got exposed to the virus because they did exactly what an authority figure told them to do - like show up every day to drive a bus or a delivery truck, or stock the shelves at a grocery store, work the grill at a fast food outlet or care for old people at a nursing home. Do you really think none of those people live in poor neighborhoods?
I'm not the one who reported the statistics. The FACTS are that low income blacks have experienced a much higher percentage of severe disease and death. The MSM didn't report that low income white people (and there are LOTS of them) in New York suffered a similar morbidity. Is it genetic? Is it behavior? Is it drug use??? What does cocaine or crack do to the immune system's ability to fight off COVID-19? We already know that MJ increases your odds of having a more severe infection in all races. Anybody who denies that MJ and illicit drugs could be a factor in this disease has their head in the sand. It is also true that anybody who denies that drug use in low income neighborhoods is a problem has their head in the sand. I would appreciate some honest retrospective research on this topic but I suspect it would be too racially charged to ever happen.

I'm not the one who reported the statistics. The FACTS are that low income blacks have experienced a much higher percentage of severe disease and death. The MSM didn't report that low income white people (and there are LOTS of them) in New York suffered a similar morbidity. Is it genetic? Is it behavior? Is it drug use??? What does cocaine or crack do to the immune system's ability to fight off COVID-19? We already know that MJ increases your odds of having a more severe infection in all races. Anybody who denies that MJ and illicit drugs could be a factor in this disease has their head in the sand. It is also true that anybody who denies that drug use in low income neighborhoods is a problem has their head in the sand. I would appreciate some honest retrospective research on this topic but I suspect it would be too racially charged to ever happen.
Talk about crimes against humanity, there you have it.
The 'just let em die' attitude of the left, as they wont even talk about it is a shame.
Throwing money at it hasn't worked, very few poor come out of being poor, no matter how many programs, how much monies, how many decades.
You would think after so many decades, they'd let others help, others offer opinions, others lead, if they truly cared, but there's a reason they wont, just like in the middle of a pandemic, they're placing blame, continuing their abandonment of the greater whole of the country.
Abhorring to share leadership, where we could all pull together, instead,pointing blame, asking for monies over here,over there, meanwhile,people suffer.

They're becoming abominations to humanity, it's getting close to reaching that level, and if it ever does, they're likely finished.

I never said people in low-income neighborhoods aren't affected at higher rate, or that black people aren't affected at higher rate. I'm simply noting that for many of these people, the economy never shut down, they don't have the ability to work from home, and showing up for work every single day puts them at greater risk than people who are staying at home. What part of this do you disagree with?

Brazil isn't rich, nor white
https://www.foxnews.com/world/brazil-stay-at-home-coronavirus-orders-protest
Maybe it's just people feeling it?

"Either we just have the pandemic, which is already a lot, or we have the pandemic and chaos," said state lawmaker Anderson Moraes, the news outlet reported. "For sure, lives are more important than anything else, but we can't take decisions today without thinking about tomorrow. Because tomorrow, I don't know how a family man will be when he sees his children going hungry."

In Brasilia, Bolsonaro reiterated his intention to start reopening the economy.

"The fear was excessive," he said on Saturday, denouncing the "greed" of politicians "who have shut down everything and created panic."

Bax, iam just tired of sitting in my house. Much like i said about frost. Figure this shit out. Work the problem. If you arent part of the solution your part of the problem.
Hey go for a drive in the county, out it rural areas it’s a little more open although parks are closed and restaurants. I guess out here we don’t feel so cooped up. Farmers still have to feed cattle and they’re getting ready if they haven’t started spring planting. My wife works in the medical field she still goes to work all be it the patient numbers are down because the hospitals were told to keep beds open for the big hit from covid 19. So far and thank God it hasn’t happened. But now there hurting for money. I just read a rural hospital in Oklahoma was closing because of lack of patiences.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
MJ's effect on the immune system is the least of the worries. Minor immunomodulator. Pretty much everyone in every demographic these days smokes MJ but the virus is somehow only hitting poor people. Diet, stress and all around general health is much more important.

Hey go for a drive in the county, out it rural areas it’s a little more open although parks are closed and restaurants. I guess out here we don’t feel so cooped up. Farmers still have to feed cattle and they’re getting ready if they haven’t started spring planting. My wife works in the medical field she still goes to work all be it the patient numbers are down because the hospitals were told to keep beds open for the big hit from covid 19. So far and thank God it hasn’t happened. But now there hurting for money. I just read a rural hospital in Oklahoma was closing because of lack of patiences.
Issuing edicts and predicting this virus don't mesh for businesses, yes, that includes those greedy hospitals.
Using such power by government is never granular enough to reach everyone fairly, and the worst such powers used most unwisely undoes the very thing needed to help, like in Okie.

So sad people hate humanity over politics.

Talk about crimes against humanity, there you have it.
The 'just let em die' attitude of the left, as they wont even talk about it is a shame.
Throwing money at it hasn't worked, very few poor come out of being poor, no matter how many programs, how much monies, how many decades.
You would think after so many decades, they'd let others help, others offer opinions, others lead, if they truly cared, but there's a reason they wont, just like in the middle of a pandemic, they're placing blame, continuing their abandonment of the greater whole of the country.
Abhorring to share leadership, where we could all pull together, instead,pointing blame, asking for monies over here,over there, meanwhile,people suffer.

They're becoming abominations to humanity, it's getting close to reaching that level, and if it ever does, they're likely finished.
Jmho you have to look at the so called leader of the black community, a joke. Then you look at LBJ great society. A number of religious and political leaders said this was going to tear apart black families. What about Margret Sanger. As government grows they don’t want to solve problems, if you solve the problem then there’s no need for a government program. If there no program then those people are out of a job. It’s a vicious circle.

Jmho you have to look at the so called leader of the black community, a joke. Then you look at LBJ great society. A number of religious and political leaders said this was going to tear apart black families. What about Margret Sanger. As government grows they don’t want to solve problems, if you solve the problem then there’s no need for a government program. If there no program then those people are out of a job. It’s a vicious circle.
Our leaders lift us up, or fail us.
I'm a big believer in hand ups, not hand outs, even if it means intrusions.
If it's a perceived true hand ups, where's the proofs over decades?

Some aren't fit to lead.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Notice the left have no problem with intrusions now, you can't buy booze, paint, seeds.
You can't be a couple in public, you can't be self responsible outdoors,doing outdoor activities.
This is but another promise, no fact, as in data, that buying paint kills people, couples not being six feet apart kill them or others etc.
But they abuse our liberties, we have to listen to them, not have our own mind,major liberty intrusions,all bought on promises, but, the track record is horrendous, three generations in, just look at the results where the most promises have been made.
Now, it's because it's never enough, never been done right, but to leave it to them? Never.

Seeing confederate flags at a Covidiot rally doesn't bother you a bit? A President calling for rebellion against swing state leadership doesn't seem newsworthy? This is definitely uncharted territory for us here but passing along different updates as it relates to this virus and the politics of it shouldn't be looked down upon.

It isn't newsworthy to rational and stable people, especially coming from people like Eugene and Ida. What does it mean to you? Why is it newsworthy? Here's what I think goes through your mind (as well as a few others on here [oh, and Eugene and Ida too]): 1) the President wants things to open back up; 2) these people at the rally want things to open back up; 3) because some of these people dawned confederate flags, they must be racist; 4) because they must be racist, and because they want the same thing the President wants (to open things back up), it is proof that the President is racist. Is that correct? Did I do that right?

Who knows why exactly those people had those flags. I certainly am not going to assume that they were flying them in support of slavery or segregation (Joe Biden likes segregationist policies), and I sure as hell am not going to assume the President supports such policies because someone at a rally has a flag. And the President calling for a rebellion? Again, what does that mean to you? Do you actually think that he is calling for some militia to overthrow a State's governor? It's the same things as AOC talking about how there is some moral dilemma on having kids because of climate change, or Schumer saying "I want to tell you, Gorsuch. I want to tell you, Kavanaugh. You have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price. You won't know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions." These things are much more newsworthy, because they are direct and explicit statements made by the person who is the subject of the disgust. There isn't any doubt they thought or said these things. However, I'm not going to start posting a bunch of crap on it just because it makes the other side look bad. I don't believe AOC's craziness is representative of the majority of democrats, and while Schumer's comments were inappropriate (Chief Justice even said so - he's not quite on the level of Eugene or Ida, but not many people are), I don't think Schumer meant to suggest that there should be physical violence against them and I'm not going to use it as some platform to spout off about how militant those on the left have become.

There is a huge lack of emotional maturity in this Country. Clinging to every post or comment or tweet by anyone who has an axe to grind, for whatever reason, is a problem. When you post stuff from Eugene and Ida, nobody is going to take you seriously, at least not the rational and stable people.

The arrogance, the self righteous of the left is killing people, as killed many.

People tend to look after themselves in the best ways. They say its lack of education, but never let more basic knowledge of self survival,self growth,self learning that is not encouraged.
Self knowledge comes with choices, don't listen to them is not a choice.

Self learning is, only listen to us, but we can't intrude if you need to do drugs, even though many know, drugs are a bad path to take.
Arrogance always comes with assumptions. Don't listen to them, they are racist, as if none of the arrogant ones aren't and all the others are.
So basic,so easy to see

So many promises made, and I'm done with hope and promises, we need to pull together, make our future.

It isn't newsworthy to rational and stable people, especially coming from people like Eugene and Ida. What does it mean to you? Why is it newsworthy? Here's what I think goes through your mind (as well as a few others on here [oh, and Eugene and Ida too]): 1) the President wants things to open back up; 2) these people at the rally want things to open back up; 3) because some of these people dawned confederate flags, they must be racist; 4) because they must be racist, and because they want the same thing the President wants (to open things back up), it is proof that the President is racist. Is that correct? Did I do that right?

Who knows why exactly those people had those flags. I certainly am not going to assume that they were flying them in support of slavery or segregation (Joe Biden likes segregationist policies), and I sure as hell am not going to assume the President supports such policies because someone at a rally has a flag. And the President calling for a rebellion? Again, what does that mean to you? Do you actually think that he is calling for some militia to overthrow a State's governor? It's the same things as AOC talking about how there is some moral dilemma on having kids because of climate change, or Schumer saying "I want to tell you, Gorsuch. I want to tell you, Kavanaugh. You have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price. You won't know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions." These things are much more newsworthy, because they are direct and explicit statements made by the person who is the subject of the disgust. There isn't any doubt they thought or said these things. However, I'm not going to start posting a bunch of crap on it just because it makes the other side look bad. I don't believe AOC's craziness is representative of the majority of democrats, and while Schumer's comments were inappropriate (Chief Justice even said so - he's not quite on the level of Eugene or Ida, but not many people are), I don't think Schumer meant to suggest that there should be physical violence against them and I'm not going to use it as some platform to spout off about how militant those on the left have become.

There is a huge lack of emotional maturity in this Country. Clinging to every post or comment or tweet by anyone who has an axe to grind, for whatever reason, is a problem. When you post stuff from Eugene and Ida, nobody is going to take you seriously, at least not the rational and stable people.
Funny, I didn't see one confederate flag in those Brazilian protests, not one white either.
Their president isn't white, yet he wants to open up his country, but those other people of color want it shut down.
This is the sixth most populated country on the planet.

The left is hot noise, they need to shut up and learn, or continue on and burn

Reactions: baseball31ne
Notice the left have no problem with intrusions now, you can't buy booze, paint, seeds.
You can't be a couple in public, you can't be self responsible outdoors,doing outdoor activities.
This is but another promise, no fact, as in data, that buying paint kills people, couples not being six feet apart kill them or others etc.
But they abuse our liberties, we have to listen to them, not have our own mind,major liberty intrusions,all bought on promises, but, the track record is horrendous, three generations in, just look at the results where the most promises have been made.
Now, it's because it's never enough, never been done right, but to leave it to them? Never.
Sorry about my comments about you on page 7. I just misunderstood you.

It isn't newsworthy to rational and stable people.

Unfortunately you are correct the thing that bothers me daily now and it should you too is that the lack of emotional maturity is on display by the President daily. If he is calling for states to be "liberated" what will he do around and after the election? If he loses which he probably will do you think he will just go quietly into the night? Nope and when his racist supporters get their call to arms it could be ugly. Sure the groups were small today but it creates a hostility towards government that will only grow if it's not checked. Stuff like this needs to be talked about. When the founder of the 1619 project posts about these type of gatherings its important that it doesn't go unnoticed. Do get hung up on Twitter names they are as relevant as football message board names.

The arrogance, the self righteous of the left is killing people, as killed many.

People tend to look after themselves in the best ways. They say its lack of education, but never let more basic knowledge of self survival,self growth,self learning that is not encouraged.
Self knowledge comes with choices, don't listen to them is not a choice.

Self learning is, only listen to us, but we can't intrude if you need to do drugs, even though many know, drugs are a bad path to take.
Arrogance always comes with assumptions. Don't listen to them, they are racist, as if none of the arrogant ones aren't and all the others are.
So basic,so easy to see

So many promises made, and I'm done with hope and promises, we need to pull together, make our future.
What is your first language? Honest question? Some of your posts make sense but others read as if they have been filtered through a translation app that didn't quite hit the mark

Unfortunately you are correct the thing that bothers me daily now and it should you too is that the lack of emotional maturity is on display by the President daily. If he is calling for states to be "liberated" what will he do around and after the election? If he loses which he probably will do you think he will just go quietly into the night? Nope and when his racist supporters get their call to arms it could be ugly. Sure the groups were small today but it creates a hostility towards government that will only grow if it's not checked. Stuff like this needs to be talked about. When the founder of the 1619 project posts about these type of gatherings its important that it doesn't go unnoticed. Do get hung up on Twitter names they are as relevant as football message board names.
Time for this thread to be locked. You are entitled to your opinion but you are wrong.

So when trump is re-elected are you going to move to Canada? Just curious. Cuz sleepy creepy joe won’t beat him

Good lord dude. Way to double-down on "crazy." You keep spending your days and nights finding your Eugene's and Ida's of the world to keep supporting whatever it is you have consumed yourself with.

TYY6CggfUjRKZYAphvgIVvzWnEWkF42DI5DBn3bOFkLyqgx_YfqHIHydnmBErG1ViekB-0Uut8rUUmM0zVOudekGC8dmRljJ3fqL4lO_plzuUABgiHaHgWFG3CkzD1dLW7u3Df7_2lv9EU0jgnGvb84Mi5aPlqBENA0

Good lord dude. Way to double-down on "crazy." You keep spending your days and nights finding your Eugene's and Ida's of the world to keep supporting whatever it is you have consumed yourself with.

TYY6CggfUjRKZYAphvgIVvzWnEWkF42DI5DBn3bOFkLyqgx_YfqHIHydnmBErG1ViekB-0Uut8rUUmM0zVOudekGC8dmRljJ3fqL4lO_plzuUABgiHaHgWFG3CkzD1dLW7u3Df7_2lv9EU0jgnGvb84Mi5aPlqBENA0
Ok "Lincoln100"...I will step away from this thread for a few

I agree. But we know people with poor immune systems have a much tougher time fighting off pathogens. The cytokine storm is the immune system in panic mode. Killer cells are often defective, resulting in increased production of inflammatory proteins that can lead to organ failure and death,

Scientists seeking the cause of cytokine storm syndrome have focused their attention on the perforin pathway, the series of proteins that work together to deliver perforin. Perforin is a key weapon of the immune system’s cytotoxic T-cells and natural killer cells
Red iam just a simpleton. But i would like some more info on
Sounds beautiful......Thats why I live in the country. My wifes father has a farm 40 miles from here. Nothing like looking a Ribeye on the hoof.

I never said people in low-income neighborhoods aren't affected at higher rate, or that black people aren't affected at higher rate. I'm simply noting that for many of these people, the economy never shut down, they don't have the ability to work from home, and showing up for work every single day puts them at greater risk than people who are staying at home. What part of this do you disagree with?
IF it was just having to go to work it would hit white blue collar workers just as hard. The higher moribidity and mortality rates don't appear to have anything to with going to work. The only way we would know for sure what risk factors are causing the problem would be a retropsective study. As some suggest, a higher rate of diabetes and hypertension may be contributory. I would suggest though that drug use and behaviors contribute as well.

Reactions: NorthwoodHusker
What is your first language? Honest question? Some of your posts make sense but others read as if they have been filtered through a translation app that didn't quite hit the mark
I would never expect some to understand

Red iam just a simpleton. But i would like some more info on

Sounds beautiful......Thats why I live in the country. My wifes father has a farm 40 miles from here. Nothing like looking a Ribeye on the hoof.
I'd like what he has too. It sounds like we may be trying to steer our lymph node productions possibly, through chemicals/drugs, but hey, thats why we ask, right?

Not a problem. Alot at stake here, I can see misunderstandings blowing up[/QUOTE
And I understand big cities are way different that us hicks in rural areas. Btw I wouldn’t trade it with anyone. I had a visit with my sister who lives in Lincoln and you could hear the tension stress in her voice. Out hear we just plod along. It is different, implement dealer are open but it curbside pickup on parts. No restaurants or cafes open except carry out. But the sun still comes out and my allergies suck with all the pollen.

Reactions: NorthwoodHusker
I agree. But we know people with poor immune systems have a much tougher time fighting off pathogens. The cytokine storm is the immune system in panic mode. Killer cells are often defective, resulting in increased production of inflammatory proteins that can lead to organ failure and death,

Scientists seeking the cause of cytokine storm syndrome have focused their attention on the perforin pathway, the series of proteins that work together to deliver perforin. Perforin is a key weapon of the immune system’s cytotoxic T-cells and natural killer cells
Sorry Red. I apparently tried to respond to this last night. It was a Strawberry-Jalapeno margarita educed fail.... What I was trying to say is I would like to see/read some more information on blood disease aspect of Covid. Saw a few early stories but not much since.

Going to put ny strips on the grill in about 1/2 hour
I'm obviously in the northwoods, little lake just opened up, big lake still frozen. Moved out of the cities in the eighties, never looked back.
I would rather understand why the local store shuts down at five, and have the owner make sure I'm taken care of, than have them open 24/7, where some pimply teen sells me crap I don't need,and doesn't care.

Reactions: Baxter48
I'm obviously in the northwoods, little lake just opened up, big lake still frozen. Moved out of the cities in the eighties, never looked back.
I would rather understand why the local store shuts down at five, and have the owner make sure I'm taken care of, than have them open 24/7, where some pimply teen sells me crap I don't need,and doesn't care.[/QUOTE
I agree. It’s 60 degrees in Thayer county

Got into the lower twenties here, high in the low forties.

I just hope that people quit trusting others, and start looking for themselves, but just like two gears, those who want others to take care of them don't look for themselves.
As a person of faith, I found out long ago, if you're never challenged in your beliefs, you become narrow minded.
People aren't allowing themselves to be challenged today, it is very obvious.
One side understands the other, while the other side assumes.

IF it was just having to go to work it would hit white blue collar workers just as hard. The higher moribidity and mortality rates don't appear to have anything to with going to work. The only way we would know for sure what risk factors are causing the problem would be a retropsective study. As some suggest, a higher rate of diabetes and hypertension may be contributory. I would suggest though that drug use and behaviors contribute as well.
Initially I was in the camp blasting posters who dared suggest we should keep everything open and go about out daily lives. Now I think there is merit to that argument our hospitals were not overwhelmed ,staying at home should be a choice not an ordinance. There are many other ways to mitigate this spread, masks, hand cleansing, shop online, shop for food online. There is no need to go out in the community if you do not want to. As far as work goes if you can work from home do so, if you cannot then the company needs to takes steps to make it safer. If you cannot work and have a legit underlying health condition then extend unemployment for those people.

What we are seeing right now from these governors is a flat out power grab or stupidity or maybe a bit of both. I say these orders need to be lifted immediately and get this economy moving again. Be smart about it but just shutting things down is not smart at this point

Initially I was in the camp blasting posters who dared suggest we should keep everything open and go about out daily lives. Now I think there is merit to that argument our hospitals were not overwhelmed ,staying at home should be a choice not an ordinance. There are many other ways to mitigate this spread, masks, hand cleansing, shop online, shop for food online. There is no need to go out in the community if you do not want to. As far as work goes if you can work from home do so, if you cannot then the company needs to takes steps to make it safer. If you cannot work and have a legit underlying health condition then extend unemployment for those people.

What we are seeing right now from these governors is a flat out power grab or stupidity or maybe a bit of both. I say these orders need to be lifted immediately and get this economy moving again. Be smart about it but just shutting things down is not smart at this point
I've been posting for awhile, before it hit the national stage, this is coming. The more our leaders don't understand the people, the further away they appear to be doing the right thing.
Those who are slow to change, the left, may let it get too far, too late.

I don't think that there is any question that governments have over reacted now to this thing. There has to be a balance struck with this deal. I keep reading that California's unemployment rate is 50%. Can that be right? As a country we can't sustain that for weeks on end. IF life is going to be worth living in this country, we HAVE to put people back to work.

I don't think that there is any question that governments have over reacted now to this thing. There has to be a balance struck with this deal. I keep reading that California's unemployment rate is 50%. Can that be right? As a country we can't sustain that for weeks on end. IF life is going to be worth living in this country, we HAVE to put people back to work.
agreed and its not just politicians we own a part of a private RV park and arbitrarily the board has determined it should be closed even though it is on Tribal land and not subject to state orders and would be absolutely safe. We then learned these same people were going there and taking their extended families with them. In times like this it is best not to trust the people who have some control as many of them will abuse.

I think the people themselves will start determining when this is going to open and it is going to happen pretty quick

Seems like governments are trying to force the peoples' hands. People make rash collective decisions with their backs against the wall and each week drags the powder keg on.
Will laws for safety be the norm for the "post-CoVid" society?

Reactions: SomedayHusker

Outstanding video. I’ve been trying to spread some of this same information. ID2020 is extremely creepy and there is already undoubtedly nefarious rhetoric coming from the world’s richest people. People need to research this as it will never be hucked at you by the MSM and we need *serious* investigation into Bill Gates.

There is loads of empirical evidence that speaks to this. Since people don’t read super long posts, here’s another nugget: Microsoft just received a patent for a system that mines digital currency using biometric information. The number of the patent happens to be 060606. Similar to how Apple sold their first computer for $666, claiming “that’s just what the profit/bottom line worked out to be”.

I’m sorry but if your simply a media programmed conspiracy denier and you believe those types of excuses, which are used daily to “debunk” the theories, you’re an idiot.

Reactions: RedMyMind
So if you're only talking about higher morbidity and mortality rates rather than people exposed to the virus, how exactly are you drawing a connection to the "hood" behavior that you referred to earlier? This is from today's Wall Street Journal:

In New York City, people age 75 and up are dying at rates nearly eightfold compared with the deaths of those who are 45 to 64, the data show. They are dying at more than twice the rate of those 65 to 74 years old, the data show. Similar trends can be seen throughout New York and other states like Louisiana and Illinois, as well as elsewhere around the world.

When you observed all those hood dwellers passing around the MJ and otherwise ignoring directives from authority figures, were a lot of them 75+ years old? Were a lot of them over 65?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT