ADVERTISEMENT

COVID Strategy

Same way i caught chicken pox as a child. Neighbor got it during the summer and Mom had me spend the day at his house and drinking out of his cup. Worst summer ever but my mother controlled the situation and avoided me missing any school.

Last edited:
Same way i caught chicken pox as a child. Neighbor got it during the summer and Mom had be spend the day at his house and drinking out of his cup. Worst summer ever but my mother controlled the situation and avoided me missing any school.
What was you mom doing at the neighbors drinking out of his cup?

• Haha
Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
Same way i caught chicken pox as a child. Neighbor got it during the summer and Mom had me spend the day at his house and drinking out of his cup. Worst summer ever but my mother controlled the situation and avoided me missing any school.
You must be as old as I am. If there was a disease around, mom planned a play date even if I didn't know the kids.

perspective in NEJM - regarding use of masks

1. reduce inoculum - less severe illness if one gets ill
2. may induce some degree of host immunity - small inoculum b/c of masks - asymptomatic disease but may produce some degree of future protective immune response

similar to what was done with small pox prior to vaccine

"As SARS-CoV-2 continues its global spread, it’s possible that one of the pillars of Covid-19 pandemic control — universal facial masking — might help reduce the severity of disease and ensure that a greater proportion of new infections are asymptomatic. If this hypothesis is borne out, universal masking could become a form of “variolation” that would generate immunity and thereby slow the spread of the virus in the United States and elsewhere, as we await a vaccine."

perspective in NEJM - regarding use of masks

1. reduce inoculum - less severe illness if one gets ill
2. may induce some degree of host immunity - small inoculum b/c of masks - asymptomatic disease but may produce some degree of future protective immune response

similar to what was done with small pox prior to vaccine

"As SARS-CoV-2 continues its global spread, it’s possible that one of the pillars of Covid-19 pandemic control — universal facial masking — might help reduce the severity of disease and ensure that a greater proportion of new infections are asymptomatic. If this hypothesis is borne out, universal masking could become a form of “variolation” that would generate immunity and thereby slow the spread of the virus in the United States and elsewhere, as we await a vaccine."

Those are nice theories. Why don't you try that out by wearing a mask standing within 3 feet of a virus shedding person for 15 minutes? You can report back your findings say about 4 weeks after doing that. That would give you time to have both an antigen test then an antibody test run to gauge your status. Just as there's a minimum infective dose to produce disease, there is ALSO a minimum infective dose to produce immunity. I think the mask theory is a stretch.

No doubt there are some people who may not become ill because they receive a lower exposure dose. I would suspect there are more people who get exposed to partially denatured virus via food sources or surfaces who develop some level of immunity without becoming ill. Another likely theory for asymptomatic infection is infection with the virus via a non-respiratory route. Consuming virus in food especially if it is denatured by heat would be one. IF I get COVID, I want to get it via a food source where my dinner was contaminated. Heat attenuated vaccines have been used for decades.

What about all of the people who sleep with a partner who has it but it never infects them? I know of multiple cases just in my circle of friends where that has happened. In one case my nurse had sex with her M.D. husband just hours before he became febrile. The most likely theory for asymptomatic cases that has been supported with scientific research is the cross protection afforded by previous infection with less virulent Corona viruses. Your deity Fauci has even stated that he believed based on the research that previous less virulent Corona virus infections offering cross protection was protecting roughly half of the U.S. population from infection. That research has been repeated in the U.K. at Oxford and the U.S. in California.

I wear a mask in stores. That said, there are some people LIKE myself who get airway irritation when wearing a mask. It causes me to cough and experience asthma symptoms for hours after wearing it. Is that going to make me more or less susceptible to becoming ill from COVID? In general in mammals, airway irritation increases the risk of them developing pneumonia.

Those are nice theories. Why don't you try that out by wearing a mask standing within 3 feet of a virus shedding person for 15 minutes? You can report back your findings say about 4 weeks after doing that. That would give you time to have both an antigen test then an antibody test run to gauge your status. Just as there's a minimum infective dose to produce disease, there is ALSO a minimum infective dose to produce immunity. I think the mask theory is a stretch.

No doubt there are some people who may not become ill because they receive a lower exposure dose. I would suspect there are more people who get exposed to partially denatured virus via food sources or surfaces who develop some level of immunity without becoming ill. Another likely theory for asymptomatic infection is infection with the virus via a non-respiratory route. Consuming virus in food especially if it is denatured by heat would be one. IF I get COVID, I want to get it via a food source where my dinner was contaminated. Heat attenuated vaccines have been used for decades.

What about all of the people who sleep with a partner who has it but it never infects them? I know of multiple cases just in my circle of friends where that has happened. In one case my nurse had sex with her M.D. husband just hours before he became febrile. The most likely theory for asymptomatic cases that has been supported with scientific research is the cross protection afforded by previous infection with less virulent Corona viruses. Your deity Fauci has even stated that he believed based on the research that previous less virulent Corona virus infections offering cross protection was protecting roughly half of the U.S. population from infection. That research has been repeated in the U.K. at Oxford and the U.S. in California.

I wear a mask in stores. That said, there are some people LIKE myself who get airway irritation when wearing a mask. It causes me to cough and experience asthma symptoms for hours after wearing it. Is that going to make me more or less susceptible to becoming ill from COVID? In general in mammals, airway irritation increases the risk of them developing pneumonia.

humans aren’t pigs or cattle.

you are welcome to write a strongly worded letter to the NEJM editorial board citing your credentials with livestock

Last edited:
Sup buddy.....my other IP has been banned..lol
tenor.gif

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
humans aren’t cattle.

you are welcome to write a strongly worded letter to the NEJM editorial board citing your credentials with cattle
Where do you come up with cattle and why are you so angry? BUT since you brought it up, theories for disease transmission are in fact based often on animal research. I'm sure you knew that. I in fact supported their theory that a lower dose of virus may lead to less severe infections. I just think that the idea that MASKS are a reason for a significant number of asymptomatic infections is a stretch. In other times, the NEJM wouldn't publish such a ludicrous suggestion with little scientific evidence to support it. It's a sign of the times when scientific publications start endorsing political candidates.

I sure hope that once we have had covid, we are unlikely to get it again.

I will say that I had the Chicken Pox twice. I had a case in 3rd grade and then caught it again in 6th grade. The 6th grade case was much milder, but I did miss a week of school. I know that is rare that people have chicken pox symptoms twice, but it happened to me.

Reactions: leodisflowers

I will say that I had the Chicken Pox twice. I had a case in 3rd grade and then caught it again in 6th grade. The 6th grade case was much milder, but I did miss a week of school. I know that is rare that people have chicken pox symptoms twice, but it happened to me.
Confirms this poster is 13 y.o.

Who The F*** remembers the 3rd-6th grade?

Reactions: nwualum

You'll get it again, but it will be a less virulent strain. Its the natural progression of coronaviruses.

I actually took a Hepatitis Test recently. DId pretty good. Got an A a B and a C.

Speaking of old posters not around. What happened to 4.6.3 and the always drunk Florida lift weights video guy?.?
I suspect 4.6.3 is posting under a new handle which I think would be at least his 3rd incarnation. IF you think hard enough you could come up with some possibilities for who he might be. SFlHusker is probably either in a "hospital", in rehab OR dead from COVID. He kind of went on a vulgar rant the last I saw so he might have earned a permaban. No mod has answered my queries as to his whereabouts so I'm a little doubtful he's been banned.

Reactions: HBK4life
I suspect 4.6.3 is posting under a new handle which I think would be at least his 3rd incarnation. IF you think hard enough you could come up with some possibilities for who he might be. SFlHusker is probably either in a "hospital", in rehab OR dead from COVID. He kind of went on a vulgar rant the last I saw so he might have earned a permaban. No mod has answered my queries as to his whereabouts so I'm a little doubtful he's been banned.
You could set your watch by his weekly drunken post crazy videos rant. Lol

From what I heard on the radio a couple of days ago, there has been 1, yes 1, confirmed case of an individual getting it twice. I thought that was extremely good.

humans aren’t pigs or cattle.

you are welcome to write a strongly worded letter to the NEJM editorial board citing your credentials with livestock

You are 1000% correct, we are made in the image of God. We have natural immune systems that will keep us healthy. Using all the germicidal soaps and Lysol disinfecting Spray weakens and destroys this immune system. Keeping your kids indoors instead of letting them play in and eating dirt weakens their immune system. The harder you try to hide from germs and virus's the more harm you are doing to you and others. Trust in God and how He made you to fight this off.

You are 1000% correct, we are made in the image of God. We have natural immune systems that will keep us healthy. Using all the germicidal soaps and Lysol disinfecting Spray weakens and destroys this immune system. Keeping your kids indoors instead of letting them play in and eating dirt weakens their immune system. The harder you try to hide from germs and virus's the more harm you are doing to you and others. Trust in God and how He made you to fight this off.

that should apply to any of your ailments

you and your family members should never need any antibiotics, surgeries or any other
prescription medicine or medical care

any use of the above is basically admitting god failed when he/she/they made you.

good luck

Reactions: Stlhuskers

you and your family members should never need any antibiotics, surgeries or any other

any use of the above is basically admitting god failed when he/she/they made you.

good luck

Never go to the doctors and have zero prescription drugs for anything. God doesn't make mistakes or failures. When man fell from sin in the garden of Eden, imperfections started and Satan has dominion of the world. The only perfect world is waiting for me...

Reactions: OzzyLvr

good luck
Personally I believe God gave man the intelligence to discover drugs to treat ailments so I'll use the drugs as needed. Was the discovery of the antibiotic properties of Penicillium mold by Alexander Fleming really an accident or was it devine intervention? I'm sure you have the answer to that.

Ask the Health Director here in Lincoln. She keeps extending the mask mandate for everyone. Says we need to take it seriously...... She tested positive this week.
That's right up there with Pelosi's "Trump killed tens of thousands of people for refusing to make people wear masks". She had the nerve to repeat that statement again just days after the video without a mask having her hair done in San Francisco.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT