COVID cases Up in 37 states

Redblooded

Athletic Director
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Especially in Missouri and Arkansas. Younger people are getting infected with this Delta variant more, because less of them are not vaccinated. More of the elderly are vaccinated. It is sad some of these people that are in the hospital say they have been told by right wing media outlets that COVID is not real. Most of these additional deaths could have been prevented. I still seeing these media people feeding miss information that has people holding off getting vaccinated. I have pleaded and pleaded that you do not have to die. So so sad that these people are dead when they did not have to die.

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Especially in Missouri and Arkansas. Younger people are getting infected with this Delta variant more, because less of them are not vaccinated. More of the elderly are vaccinated. It is sad some of these people that are in the hospital say they have been told by right wing media outlets that COVID is not real. Most of these additional deaths could have been prevented. I still seeing these media people feeding miss information that has people holding off getting vaccinated. I have pleaded and pleaded that you do not have to die. So so sad that these people are dead when they did not have to die.
Where you getting your information?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/missouri/
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/arkansas/

Look at 7-day average of deaths.

Reactions: Hyattea

steinek11

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2014
Well he said cases, not deaths. and I can attest that Missouri hospitals have about as many Covid patients in intensive care as they’ve ever had

Check back in a few weeks and see if those deaths don’t start creeping back up too

It’s been a year and a half and you guys still haven’t figured out how this thing works

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Well he said cases, not deaths. and I can attest that Missouri hospitals have about as many Covid patients in intensive care as they’ve ever had

Check back in a few weeks and see if those deaths don’t start creeping back up too

It’s been a year and a half and you guys still haven’t figured out how this thing works
I get your point, but he also said this.

"I have pleaded and pleaded that you do not have to die. So so sad that these people are dead when they did not have to die."

I hope these are just cases with young people who have lower risk of dying.

Hardlyboy

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2011

Yup. Certain Missouri hospitals near capacity.

Redblooded

Athletic Director
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I get your point, but he also said this.

"I have pleaded and pleaded that you do not have to die. So so sad that these people are dead when they did not have to die."

I hope these are just cases with young people who have lower risk of dying.
Unfortunately death does not have to happen in any numbers if people would just get vaccinated. Media outlets giving people bad information is resulting in people making bad decisions.

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Unfortunately death does not have to happen in any numbers if people would just get vaccinated. Media outlets giving people bad information is resulting in people making bad decisions.
I would agree with you if you mean adults and not kids. I don't think getting people under 18 have any business getting this unless the parents and the child decides that's what they want. People that are forcing young people who have almost no risk to Covid are stating the wrong thing. They keep mentioning vaccinations that are ailments that greatly harm young people in the same breath as Covid. Vaccinations are different depending on which ones you mean and which age groups.

Redblooded

Athletic Director
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I would agree with you if you mean adults and not kids. I don't think getting people under 18 have any business getting this unless the parents and the child decides that's what they want. People that are forcing young people who have almost no risk to Covid are stating the wrong thing. They keep mentioning vaccinations that are ailments that greatly harm young people in the same breath as Covid. Vaccinations are different depending on which ones you mean and which age groups.
Since when does young people not count especially with the Delta cases increasing with the young ones getting sick. Sorry but young kids are being infected. So you are saying they can get sick since they don't die as often. I wish no one has to experience COVID, let alone die from it.

Reactions: philosophusker

Redblooded

Athletic Director
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Just heard the neighboring town vet that we take our aninmals to did not take the vaccine and died. Damn! Delta that close to our town.

Last edited:

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Since when does young people not count especially with the Delta cases increasing with the young ones getting sick. Sorry but young kids are being infected. So you are saying they can get sick since they don't die as often. I wish no one has to experience COVID, let alone die from it.
Ummmmm people under the age 12 aren't even recommended to get the vaccine from the CDC itself.https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/recommendations/adolescents.html

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
"Less of them are not vaccinated"? What does that mean? Also, it's mis-information.

Please, quote me one right wing media outlet that has a position and preaches night after night that COVID isn't real. No one except maybe a few who hide in caves say that COVID is not real.

What is said is that getting the vaccine might not be the best thing for ALL people. If you're over 55, then likely the risks of taking a drug that's not yet approved by the FDA may be a lot larger than the consequence of not taking it. But for a healthy 21 year old?

Now, some of the side effect stories being told by some people are halarious. I got the vaccine and now I have XXX because of the vaccine (the #1 thing is toe fungus), but that doesn't mean that a healthy person in their 20s and thinking of having children isn't making a decent risk/reward decision.

But how you go from there to where you say that media outlets are saying that COVID is not real is confounding. I don't think I have heard anyone on their death bed say that the right wing media told them that COVID is not real. Imagine that, someone dying and at the same time talking about the right wing media!

Reactions: JOHNNY N

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
I would be willing to bet that if everyone got vaccinated, that the metrics would evolve so as to claim that many people are still dying from COVID. This thing is the left's religion.

Reactions: Bobfather

Redblooded

Athletic Director
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I would be willing to bet that if everyone got vaccinated, that the metrics would evolve so as to claim that many people are still dying from COVID. This thing is the left's religion.
We just want things back to normal and people to be healthy. This is should not political.

• Haha

Redblooded

Athletic Director
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
"Less of them are not vaccinated"? What does that mean? Also, it's mis-information.

Please, quote me one right wing media outlet that has a position and preaches night after night that COVID isn't real. No one except maybe a few who hide in caves say that COVID is not real.

What is said is that getting the vaccine might not be the best thing for ALL people. If you're over 55, then likely the risks of taking a drug that's not yet approved by the FDA may be a lot larger than the consequence of not taking it. But for a healthy 21 year old?

Now, some of the side effect stories being told by some people are halarious. I got the vaccine and now I have XXX because of the vaccine (the #1 thing is toe fungus), but that doesn't mean that a healthy person in their 20s and thinking of having children isn't making a decent risk/reward decision.

But how you go from there to where you say that media outlets are saying that COVID is not real is confounding. I don't think I have heard anyone on their death bed say that the right wing media told them that COVID is not real. Imagine that, someone dying and at the same time talking about the right wing media!
With the Delta variance it is really affecting even the children. Adults can make their own decisions but when they infect their kids. It is sad.

• Haha

BOBEBASS

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2001
Media outlets giving bad info! Bullshit CNN fake news.

Reactions: Bobfather

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
With the Delta variance it is really affecting even the children. Adults can make their own decisions but when they infect their kids. It is sad.
This is not true. It is more contagious than regular Covid, but not more harsh. Regular Covid has little to no impact on children.

It is sad when kids get sick, but putting in mandates to protect them from things that don't heavily impact them doesn't make sense.

Redblooded

Athletic Director
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
This is not true. It is more contagious than regular Covid, but not more harsh. Regular Covid has little to no impact on children.

It is sad when kids get sick, but putting in mandates to protect them from things that don't heavily impact them doesn't make sense.
You are flat wrong about kids. Look at the latest information.

buckknowsall

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 25, 2004
President Biden will have a lot to answer for if what you write is accurate with cases and fatalities climbing.

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
I heard it yesterday from the CDC on their new update.
The CDC site has all those updates and they absolutely don't say what you said they stated. This is the only update that mentions children.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7030e2.htm?s_cid=mm7030e2_x

This is all it says-"Based on emerging evidence on the Delta variant (2), CDC also recommends that fully vaccinated persons wear masks in public indoor settings in areas of substantial or high transmission. Fully vaccinated persons might consider wearing a mask in public indoor settings, regardless of transmission level, if they or someone in their household is immunocompromised or is at increased risk for severe disease, or if someone in their household is unvaccinated (including children aged <12 years who are currently ineligible for vaccination)."

Shiny example of fake news. Redblooded-"With the Delta variance it is really affecting even the children. Adults can make their own decisions but when they infect their kids. It is sad."

If you've not noticed the CDC makes the most cautious suggestions about any scenario. The suggestions more often don't make sense for the average person unless they are high risk as above. This part makes no sense whatsoever and only idiots would do this.

"Fully vaccinated persons might consider wearing a mask in public indoor settings. including children aged <12 years who are currently ineligible for vaccination". If your children are not immuno compromised it's child abuse to have them wear a mask always in your own home. What a bunch of nonsense bs.

Last edited:

Cash68847

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2017
It isn’t even just below 18. You can add 20s and 30s for the most part. 39 and below account for less than 10,000 deaths. If you even add in the below 50 crowd to the the 39 and below you’re still below 30,000 deaths. I think the point is if you’re older and or have multiple pre existing conditions get vaccinated. If you’re younger the risk of the disease doesn’t merit it, and like I’ve said people crying about unvaccinated people only spreading it being a big reason to get vaccinated can shove it up their ass because that narrative is all but dead. Vaccinated people are spreading this virus.

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
Just how is the Delta Variant affecting children any more than other COVID strains? Don't reply that "it's 4 times as contageous, bla, bla, bla". How many more kids are dying or being hospitalized by the delta variant over other strains?

An Instructive table from the CDC:

340 kids under 18 have died of COVID in 2020 and 2021. For the same time period, 766 have died of pneumonia not related to COVID. That's 340 out of over 80 million kids, and almost all of the kids who died had other health problems. At the same time over 603,000 adults have died (at the time of this report).

Kids are at minimal risk.

Hyattea

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2012
Lincoln
Dud. Data is showing the vaccine doesn’t work, hence the reason the government is making people quarantine and wear a mask with vaccinated. Did I help you out?

• Haha
Reactions: Redblooded

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
Dud. Data is showing the vaccine doesn’t work, hence the reason the government is making people quarantine and wear a mask with vaccinated. Did I help you out?
The data shows that the vaccine works spectacularly. There have been approximately 80,000 breakthrough cases out of 160 million vaccinated and most were mild (6,000 hospitalizations and 400 deaths). That's a level of success that is unprecedented. But you can tell a lot of stories from the 80,000. The vaccines were touted to be 95% effective from the trial. It looks like they're at least that effective, depending on who has been actually exposed.

I'm with you on the notion that the left has made this a political cluster, but saying that data shows that the vaccine doesn't work is wrong and irresponsible. The government is trying to force people to wear masks because they think that they have to do something to appease their base politically. If they didn't do that, they would be admitting that they were wrong all along about masks, something they will never do. They pushed the mask narrative and they have to stick with it or otherwise admit that their political opponents were right.

jsachisler

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2005
chadron, ne.
leader of the free world not getting the job done. blame it on someone else.