ADVERTISEMENT

Covid Cases & College Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jobs in the construction and the trades are short of trained workers across the nation. I have a customer's who has an electrical, HVAC and plumbing company in Southern Iowa. He cannot get help from the local area and just recently hired an employee from South Carolina. He had to pay $80,000 and was happy to get him. You don't need a degree. You just need to be willing to work.
Like I have said a hundred times....I wasn't complaining---just educating someone on some facts.

And, as I posted earlier.....I switched schools in 2018, but in the last 5 years, I have worked at 2 schools where 3 positions went unfilled. Apparently, at least in my state, there isn't a long line of people wanting to do what I do, either.

For me, the classroom is the easy part. If I'm ever driven out, it's the out-of-class stuff that will do it.

There's no science to say that people who live healthier lifestyles are less likely to get sick, but we know its true and we understand why. Its widely known that many diseases don't thrive in alkaline environments, HCQ helps to provide an alkaline environment, as does zinc. I dont need a double blind study to verify common sense.

What I would like some science on is the idea that the best thing for people to do if they test positive is go home and quarantine for 2 weeks without any form of treatment, and come back when you're really sick.
You do know the reason we know what lifestyles prevent diseases and illness is because we have done clinical studies to prove it right? It would be impossible to come to a definitive conclusion without scientific study.
There have literally been tens of thousands of hypotheses like yours that were believed to be true for many years until someone finally did a clinical trial and it was proved to be wrong. Despite what most thought was common sense
this is why we need to listen to doctors

Piss off, I don’t hate teachers it’s you dam union that I despise. You are the highest paid people in small communities. Your benefits are right in line with Congress. You don’t have to go on freaking Obamacare like most self employed people had to because teachers were exempt.
wow flaming jealousy. if you want good health insurance go get a job with health insurance instead of hating on others for having it

Reactions: Nebraska_Reality
Like I have said a hundred times....I wasn't complaining---just educating someone on some facts.

And, as I posted earlier.....I switched schools in 2018, but in the last 5 years, I have worked at 2 schools where 3 positions went unfilled. Apparently, at least in my state, there isn't a long line of people wanting to do what I do, either.

For me, the classroom is the easy part. If I'm ever driven out, it's the out-of-class stuff that will do it.
Not pointing this at you. I'm just pointing out that there are alternatives to a college degree that are in demand even in rural areas that pay as well if not better than degreed job. Each individual needs to satisfy their individual passion.

Not pointing this at you. I'm just pointing out that there are alternatives to a college degree that are in demand even in rural areas that pay as well if not better than degreed job. Each individual needs to satisfy their individual passion.
Fair enough....

You do know the reason we know what lifestyles prevent diseases and illness is because we have done clinical studies to prove it right? It would be impossible to come to a definitive conclusion without scientific study.
There have literally been tens of thousands of hypotheses like yours that were believed to be true for many years until someone finally did a clinical trial and it was proved to be wrong. Despite what most thought was common sense
this is why we need to listen to doctors

Does that include the doctors that say HCQ works and that lockdowns are a bad idea? Or is that when we defer to the opinion of politicians?

wow flaming jealousy. if you want good health insurance go get a job with health insurance instead of hating on others for having it
Hey
Hey loser I’ve had a job for years, but what you don’t understand is that most self employed people had to go on the exchange. If Obama care is so f ing great why did the teacher union lobby against it. Why wasn’t it made that everyone had to go on it? Know your information before spouting shit

Well hero, my mom's hospital is using the Hdrxy-Z-Pack-Zinc treatment and is having great results including my 88 year old grandfather who has beat lung cancer twice and was sick and hospitalized with the virus, so.... He turned around very quickly after using the treatment, but yeah... It doesn't work on anyone... ok.
FYI people with covid or any other disease you can come up with can get better if they drink piss; eat a grape; swallow a hot dog whole; or do absolutely nothing at all. I'm glad you grandad is doing better. and its possible the medicine helped him. But that does not mean the medicine works better than no medicine. In fact, they've done the studies to show that what happened to your granddad happens just as often if you give them no medicine at all as often as it happens with hydroxy. So again, im glad it either worked for him or he just got better on his own which often happens. some patients might get better with hydroxy. But it is the same proportion of patients who get better with a placebo pill. So as long as there is no harm with it go ahead. But you could get similar results overall by taking a placebo

Amazing how so many tell teachers to get better paying jobs if they think said teacher is complaining about their pay, but don't seem to demand that for themselves when they complain about how much better (they think) someone else has it.....

Seems to me that if Baxter thinks what teachers have is so awesome, he can become one himself. What do you think the odds are that he does so?

FYI people with covid or any other disease you can come up with can get better if they drink piss; eat a grape; swallow a hot dog whole; or do absolutely nothing at all. I'm glad you grandad is doing better. and its possible the medicine helped him. But that does not mean the medicine works better than no medicine. In fact, they've done the studies to show that what happened to your granddad happens just as often if you give them no medicine at all as often as it happens with hydroxy. So again, im glad it either worked for him or he just got better on his own which often happens. some patients might get better with hydroxy. But it is the same proportion of patients who get better with a placebo pill. So as long as there is no harm with it go ahead. But you could get similar results overall by taking a placebo

It's working great at my mom's hospital and they haven't had one death with like 200+ cases, so I am pretty sure there is something there. It may not be the wonder drug, but you can't tell me it isn't working. But keep going hero..

Does that include the doctors that say HCQ works and that lockdowns are a bad idea? Or is that when we defer to the opinion of politicians?
that depends. i'm all for listening to all sides. i have listened to many a debate in the medical community.There are many issues that the medical community doesn't agree on. So sometimes there is not a consensus.
Almost all these issues involve a lack of direct evidence where a decision needs to be made without all the evidence they would like to have. Thats where they start arguing.
in the case of HCQ there are a handful of quality studies that the vast majority of physicians would agree meet their agreed upon guidelines of proof of evidence. You could argue against that data but most clinicians will not agree with you. You would be an outlier.
And lockdowns probably have few clinical trials associated with them but we do know infections went WAY down with them. Their impact on socioeconomic issues probably needs studied. There will always be some disagreement but with the presence of rigorous clinical trials if a physician operates outside of that evidence then I, personally, would want to know why he/she is doing something that millions of other clinicians are not

Hey

Hey loser I’ve had a job for years, but what you don’t understand is that most self employed people had to go on the exchange. If Obama care is so f ing great why did the teacher union lobby against it. Why wasn’t it made that everyone had to go on it? Know your information before spouting shit
Maybe you need to go find a better job with better benefits, instead of hating on people for what you think they have (I'm on my wife's insurance, because it is a much better deal than what my school district offers).

If you think what teachers (or anyone else, for that matter) have is so great, what's stopping you from making a career change?

And before you go on a rant about the teachers union...I work in a state with no tenure for teachers.....which is used to fire coaches or teachers for political reasons far more often than it is used to remove actual bad teachers.

Last edited:
Hey

if you dont like the exchange dont be self employed. thats one of the downsides of self employment. you accepted that fate when you decided to be self employed. when i decided to take a company job i gave up my ability to do the job the way i would do it and chose to do what i was told. in exchange i got good health insurance. we all have to decide what is most important to us. i dont think i have ever met ANYONE who thought obamacare was great. NO ONE. To me, obamacare is catastrophic coverage only. thats it. It is the lowest amount of insurance available. the only good thing about obamacare is that it is some insurance versus no insurance. thats about the best of it

It's working great at my mom's hospital and they haven't had one death with like 200+ cases, so I am pretty sure there is something there. It may not be the wonder drug, but you can't tell me it isn't working. But keep going hero..
what the medical community is trying to tell you is that if your moms hospital used nothing at all they may still have had no deaths due to covid. it is impossible to link the lack of deaths to the medicine because most people get better regardless if they take the medicine or not. and in trials that were designed to give half the people the drug and half the people nothing at all they got the same results in both groups. that is how you answer the question. and the answer was......giving patients nothing is the same as giving them Hydroxy. my neighbors dad was on his death bed with covid about 7-8 days ago. they told the family to get his things in order. 2 days later he was almost off oxygen completely and is getting better every day. he wasn't given anything during that time. People get better on their own as often as they do on hydroxy

what the medical community is trying to tell you is that if your moms hospital used nothing at all they may still have had no deaths due to covid. it is impossible to link the lack of deaths to the medicine because most people get better regardless if they take the medicine or not. and in trials that were designed to give half the people the drug and half the people nothing at all they got the same results in both groups. that is how you answer the question. and the answer was......giving patients nothing is the same as giving them Hydroxy. my neighbors dad was on his death bed with covid about 7-8 days ago. they told the family to get his things in order. 2 days later he was almost off oxygen completely and is getting better every day. he wasn't given anything during that time. People get better on their own as often as they do on hydroxy

No that is not what the medical community is telling us. You are just cherry picking the info you want to argue, which whatever. I'm done responding to you on the topic.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Seems pretty reckless for a doctor to not do anything when they can try to do something.

Maybe you need to go find a better job with better benefits, instead of hating on people for what you think they have (I'm on my wife's insurance, because it is a much better deal than what my school district offers).

If you think what teachers (or anyone else, for that matter) have is so great, what's stopping you from making a career change?

And before you go on a rant about the teachers union...I work in a state with no tenure for teachers.....which is used to fire coaches or teachers for political reasons far more often than it is used to remove actual bad teachers.
I don’t hate people I just saying that Obama care is very unfair and catered to the big lobbyists. I’m perfectly happy with my job, why do you despise the self employed person?

Reactions: dinglefritz
It's equally reckless to try and do something not rooted in any sort of sound reasoning or rational decision making.

Not if there is very little to no risk involved. All potential drugs used for treatment begin with anecdotal evidence and there's a heck of a lot of that out there to back up an attempt.

No that is not what the medical community is telling us. You are just cherry picking the info you want to argue, which whatever. I'm done responding to you on the topic.
I think what bingo is trying to say is that there is no way to know that the patients that were given HCQ were going to die if they hadn't received it. Some studies have shown better results than the control group with HCQ; some showed worse results (the VA study that was done had a higher fatality rate with HCQ than the control group); some showed nothing at all.

The FDA revoked its emergency use policy. I tend to put some stock in that.

I think what bingo is trying to say is that there is no way to know that the patients that were given HCQ were going to die if they hadn't received it. Some studies have shown better results than the control group with HCQ; some showed worse results (the VA study that was done had a higher fatality rate with HCQ than the control group); some showed nothing at all.

The FDA revoked its emergency use policy. I tend to put some stock in that.
Did you know that hcq was over the counter drug in France and in mid January it was pulled and made a prescription?

I don’t hate people I just saying that Obama care is very unfair and catered to the big lobbyists. I’m perfectly happy with my job, why do you despise the self employed person?
I don't. I didn't say one negative thing about self-employed people. In fact, I don't think I typed that phrase ("self-employed") until just now. I also wasn't one telling a teacher to piss off because of their negative opinion of the teachers union. The only one that had directed or implied anger or dislike to anyone of a specific occupation is you.

And, you did talk about how awesome (you think) our pay and benefits are. If you think they're so great, then become a teacher. If you're truly happy with what you're doing, then be happy...but quit complaining about what others have if you're not willing to make the change.

BTW--Obamacare is loaded with flaws....but you're 100% free to shop around on your own for insurance, or pay the penalty to not have insurance, or find a job with employer-provided insurance.

I was out of the field of education in 2008-09, and worked at a place that didn't provide insurance until you had worked there for 6 months. During that time, I developed a herniated disk in my neck. The only policy I could afford was a high-deductible plan...from which I was dropped when I was about to hit that deductible amount. Got that bill paid off after about 9-10 years. So yeah...I've been in your shoes. I do like Obamacare in that if I find myself in that situation again, I can't get dropped for getting hurt or sick.

The ACA was written in part by attorney's beholden to large hospitals (Michelle for one). She was involved with helping the hospital she worked for in Chicago turf non-paying patients to competing facilities. Large hospitals made billions thanks to the ACA. Meanwhile as usual working people who already had insurance bore the brunt of the increased costs the ACA caused.

Not if there is very little to no risk involved. All potential drugs used for treatment begin with anecdotal evidence and there's a heck of a lot of that out there to back up an attempt.

for those that believe in the drug so strongly, if you or a loved one would happen to get sick enough to require transfer to a tertiary/quaternary/university hospital - you have every right to refuse transfer if the facility isn’t going to give you the drug

Might severally limit options and may need to pay for your own transport if it isn’t the closest high level center

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT