ADVERTISEMENT

COVID and it's relevance to Husker football.

This thing in one form or another will be here for the foreseeable future. It seems the vaccinated have a much "better" reaction than the non vaxxed. I can only assume there will be a newer variant and another and another. It incredibly frustrating thats for sure. The thought of having to wear a mask for the next 9 months at work is also frustrating.
Sadly, if we comply now to the mask mandates, it won't be 9 months it will be 42 months. Perhaps off and on but once the power of mind control takes over, it isn't easy to get rid of.

ALL of you guys have had valid points but the personal attacks on regionsdoc are unwarranted IMO. He's viewing it from his real world perspective which more than likely has involved watching many of his patients die of COVID.
It's pretty difficult to tell what his "real world" perspective is when his talking points are leftist hysterical garbage. Do you know where he works? Do you know what kind of a doctor he is? I don't, but here you are making excuses for him "likely... watching patients die."

For those who have been watching the charade, many of the hyperbolic, attention seeking, public shaming doctors who have been pushing irrational narratives have been nothing but frauds.

I always get a kick how you go from reasonable to ridiculous some times. I'll still buy ya a mango margarita. :)

This thing in one form or another will be here for the foreseeable future. It seems the vaccinated have a much "better" reaction than the non vaxxed. I can only assume there will be a newer variant and another and another. It incredibly frustrating thats for sure. The thought of having to wear a mask for the next 9 months at work is also frustrating.

This is an incredible and irresponsible misconception and misinformation. The vast majority of people who get covid have at worst minor symptoms akin to a cold and are over it quickly. For some it is like the flu. The people who go to the hospital are a very small percentage.

I remember when covid was so serious and people were having such bad reactions the CDC had to put out an infographic so people would know if it was allergies or covid.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
It's pretty difficult to tell what his "real world" perspective is when his talking points are leftist hysterical garbage. Do you know where he works? Do you know what kind of a doctor he is? I don't, but here you are making excuses for him "likely... watching patients die."

For those who have been watching the charade, many of the hyperbolic, attention seeking, public shaming doctors who have been pushing irrational narratives have been nothing but frauds.

I always get a kick how you go from reasonable to ridiculous some times. I'll still buy ya a mango margarita. :)
Agree, I look at Dr. Atlas. Many people discounted anything he said and believed anything Fraudci said, even when what Fraudci said previously changed and then agreed with Atlas' beliefs. I can promise you that there are doctors that aren't in favor of mask mandates, mandatory vaccines and shut downs but will not say a word publicly because of the cancel culture that is prevalent in the media and on the left. They aren't going to risk their reputation being soiled by the national media and have to deal with the loss of clientele when they can just say nothing publicly and go about their way.

Well said.. my wife (MD) and her sister (also MD), and I were just laughing at the new mask rules. All a joke. But regionsdoc and his handler dingle can tell us why we are dumb and should fall in line.

Well said.. my wife (MD) and her sister (also MD), and I were just laughing at the new mask rules. All a joke. But regionsdoc and his handler dingle can tell us why we are dumb and should fall in line.
Not sure Dingle is a mask guy as much as he is a vaccine guy.

Truth be told, I probably wouldn't have got the vaccine if I would have been able to honestly take the mask off and go about my life as normal without the vaccine. That just wasn't going to die on that hill. I get the flu shot every other year, mostly to keep my employer happy and off my case. Again, it just isn't worth the hassle of side eyes and shit like that.

I will constantly and forever repeat my point about vaccine confidence in this country. If the Puppet President and his handlers would have simply removed their masks after getting their vaccines and went about their lives as normal, more citizens would have followed suit. Now you have Puppet President telling people that it doesn't matter if you get the vaccine or not, you need to mask up. In what world does that instill confidence in the vaccine to the people that aren't getting it?

You are basically left with one answer, power and control. Biden won because he promised an end to covid and and an end to Trump policies. 6 months in, inflation is going up and covid is still here.

Sorry if this gets the thread moved. I don't think I slammed anyone on the board personally so hopefully I won't be taking a mandatory vacay.

Do your wife and her sister advocate their patients take the vaccine? Have they, themselves, taken the vaccine even if they are not high risk?

Per masks - do they wear them in the OR or is that a funny infringement on their personal liberties?

i saw the press ask in the white house how the "experts" know the covid positive tests are "delta variant" cases, if they are simply a generic covid positive test. They had no answer. Today Fauci says "Delta breakthrough cases" are as common as cases with the unvaccinated. I think delta variant is made up to make those who got the jab not feel stupid when they still get covid.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Agree, I look at Dr. Atlas. Many people discounted anything he said and believed anything Fraudci said, even when what Fraudci said previously changed and then agreed with Atlas' beliefs. I can promise you that there are doctors that aren't in favor of mask mandates, mandatory vaccines and shut downs but will not say a word publicly because of the cancel culture that is prevalent in the media and on the left. They aren't going to risk their reputation being soiled by the national media and have to deal with the loss of clientele when they can just say nothing publicly and go about their way.
Honest question: what training does Atlas have that would make him an expert at a global pandemic? He is a radiologist with no training in actual patient care, epidemiology, or infectious disease. He is also a long time member of a conservative think tank. So Fauci is biased because of political leanings, but not Atlas???? And over 96 percent of MDs have received the vaccination. For the record, I am not in favor of mandatory vaccines—-the concern is mandates can lead to worse issues down the road.

Honest question: what training does Atlas have that would make him an expert at a global pandemic? He is a radiologist with no training in actual patient care, epidemiology, or infectious disease. He is also a long time member of a conservative think tank. So Fauci is biased because of political leanings, but not Atlas???? And over 96 percent of MDs have received the vaccination. For the record, I am not in favor of mandatory vaccines—-the concern is mandates can lead to worse issues down the road.
I don't care what training he has. He has been consistent from the get go and has been right as much as your hero Fraudci. Fauci is like Wiltfong when it comes to recruiting, changes his opinion to look right.

There are people with zero medical experience that can obtain data and determine if what Fraudci or Atlas says is true. There have been practically no studies about mask wearing and how that affects the spread of the virus. Show me one. But I can go to a statistician and have him provide me with data to show that California and all of their mask mandates have a similar spread of the virus as Texas and Florida, with no mask mandates. Explain that to me.

The overall messaging of Covid and variants has been all over the place. Regardless of the political difference, the message should have been straight forward and 100% based facts.
people have the right to choose what is best for them and their kids. The information we need to make that decision should be accurate it’s not. So now we have sides drawn, no belief in our government, and a country full of people that have no idea what to think or know what’s next.

The overall messaging of Covid and variants has been all over the place. Regardless of the political difference, the message should have been straight forward and 100% based facts.
people have the right to choose what is best for them and their kids. The information we need to make that decision should be accurate it’s not. So now we have sides drawn, no belief in our government, and a country full of people that have no idea what to think or know what’s next.
agree

This appeal to credentialism is ridiculous. Just look at all of the studies conducted by PhDs that have been shown to be garbage since this crap started. Infamously the Big 10's mycarditis decision that was widely panned and written off fake or fraudulent data.

We get it, you don't think anyone can think for themselves contrary to the 8 billion living examples on earth.

Why does Atlas need to be an expert at a global pandemic if the CDC is going to scrap their own pandemic recommendations? Your issue seems to be he just doesn't have the correct letters after his name rather than the substance of what he said.

Florida accounted for about one in six of the new deaths documented nationwide in July, the data collected by the CDC shows.
Most of the new cases and those seen in the hospital are unvaccinated individuals 20-49 years of age," Alonso told The Palm Beach Post on Saturday.

Anyway back to Husker football the only way I see it impacting the team is if there is an outbreak by position group. The quarantine process could get tricky for sure

Reactions: ExcellentBread
I was there on the ground. My brother in law has been sick for over 6 weeks and his ddimer level is still high, we believe he has lung damage from long covid and is only 36 years old. My uncle in law died while I was there, he was older, mid to late 50’s. I can’t tell you how many ambulances I saw while there, but I recall seeing 3 different ones go through a busy intersection while waiting for a single traffic light. More than 3 peopled died at my wife’s work, a school where there are maybe 40 elementary school employees. And since you probably don’t know, there isn’t an obesity problem in Indonesia either. Their big problem is not being vaccinated.
Wow. That’s interesting. And very sad. Were you concerned for yourself while there?

As long as we have you to decide the parameters of every discussion we probably don't even need a discussion board.
I consider this a nasty response to a lighthearted jab (no pun intended) at people making the same points over and over for a year and a half.

It wasn't like I labeled someone else's post "an incredible and irresponsible misconception and misinformation" Now had I posted something like that, I would expect nasty responses.

. The vast majority of people who get covid have at worst minor symptoms akin to a cold and are over it quickly. For some it is like the flu.
Over 80% are asymptomatic. But all it takes is one anonymous handle to tell us they had a relative die from it and people crumble as if they had a life-long relationship with the poster while knowing nothing of the co-morbidity. The sympathy-seeking and virtue-points-empathy is the posturing you get with people who don't believe in arriving at solutions thru rigorous debate.
When your observations/opinions are mostly emotions, you have lost.
And of course all these debates avoid the core issue: "does the constitution become null and void whenever an individual is rationally or irrationally frightened of something or someone?"
Did we get rid of the constitution when AIDS hit? I remember there were people who wanted to use the AIDs epidemic to declare gay people public enemy number 1. But the courts weren't gonna support that and cooler heads prevailed before it ever got that far. But NOW, because the minority has been successfully demonized by truly bad people with unlimited ambition ... well we're gonna satisfy some long held grudges with good old-fashion revenge.

"We'll follow the science."

2 problems:
(A) We've spent decades turning science into a political cudgel reminiscent of the eugenics "science" scam going back over 100 years.
(B) Sorry charlie, but the constitution trumps "science" when science says liberty is public enemy number 1. And all you need to do is look at the 20th century to find an endless list of oppressors who used "science" to justify consolidation of illegal power.

For those few capable of rational fear, there is something much more terrifying than Covid-19. And that something is how quickly 170+ million of your fellow "freedom-loving" Americans couldn't wait to turn over their autonomy and become wards of the state.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Luckily we have NPR, a state run media enterprise happy to tell us that what Franklin really meant was that a more oppressive government is a good thing. It's almost like NPR exists to make George Orwell look more brilliant with each passing year.

1984.jpg

I wonder how many people in this thread have read this book, and of those how many appreciate it's gravitas?

the more important inoculation are the books written warning of this moment coupled with the critical thinking skills needed to resist the power-mad

Last edited:
Do your wife and her sister advocate their patients take the vaccine? Have they, themselves, taken the vaccine even if they are not high risk?

Per masks - do they wear them in the OR or is that a funny infringement on their personal liberties?

Yes, we all have the vaccine. Vaccine is probably a good way to hedge your bets, but if you’re healthy you’re good either way.

cloth masks are useless. It’s a dog and pony show at this point.

Your bread is unhealthy.

Over 80% are asymptomatic. But all it takes is one anonymous handle to tell us they had a relative die from it and people crumble as if they had a life-long relationship with the poster while knowing nothing of the co-morbidity. The sympathy-seeking and virtue-points-empathy-giving is the posturing you get with people who don't believe in arriving at solutions thru rigorous debate.
And of course all these debates avoid the core issue: "does the constitution become null and void whenever an individual is rationally or irrationally frightened of something or someone?"
Did we get rid of the constitution when AIDS hit? I remember there were people who wanted to use the AIDs epidemic to declare gay people public enemy number 1. But the courts weren't gonna support that and cooler heads prevailed before it ever got that far. But NOW, because the minority has been successfully demonized by truly bad people with unlimited ambition ... well we're gonna satisfy some long held grudges with good old-fashioned revenge.

2 problems:
(A) We've spent decades turning science into a political cudgel reminiscent of the eugenics "science" scam going back over 100 years.
(B) Sorry charlie, but the constitution trumps "science" when science says liberty is public enemy number 1. And all you need to do is look at the 20th century to find an endless list of oppressors who used "science" to justify consolidation of illegal power.

For those few capable of rational fear, there is something much more terrifying than Covid-19. And that something is how quickly 170+ million of your fellow "freedom-loving" Americans couldn't wait to turn over their autonomy and become wards of the state.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Luckily we have NPR, a state run media enterprise happy to tell us that what Franklin really meant was that a more oppressive government is a good thing. It's almost like NPR exists to make George Orwell look more brilliant with each passing year.

1984.jpg

I wonder how many people in this thread have read this book, and of those how many appreciate it's gravitas?

Interestingly, Fauci was also involved in the AIDS debacle.

Wow. That’s interesting. And very sad. Were you concerned for yourself while there?
I wasn't too worried since I had the J&J shot a couple of months prior, but I do have risk factors like A+ blood and hypertension, high bmi, over age 50 etc.

It was quite sad.. we had a lot of running around to government offices and always saw multiple ambulances all the time. When they went into lockdown, they only really closed the businesses and malls, which didn't make a lot of sense.

My wife would always comment on the people at the local warungs (street food seller areas) where people were lazy about social distancing as well as the mosques.. it was surreal to watch these people cram themselves into the mosques several times a day, I assume knowing full well they were going to get covid from each other.

Probably the worst part was when they started running out of oxygen and my brother in law started requesting it.. we thought he was going to be a gonner, and then we still haven't told his mother about her losing her little brother. She was having a hard time processing the potential loss of her son, so it was like sections of the family were falling apart.

I saw a lot of stressed out people at the national hospital.. a mainland Chinese husband and wife yelling at each other, before the wife burst into tears.. I don't know what their story was, but it was heart wrenching to watch families arguing and fighting and really it was because of the stress of everything going on.

Many of the rich Indonesians, were able to fly out. They actually have 'tour' packages being sold to them for a flight to Los Angeles for a vaccine jab, and return flight for about $1300.. $2400 for a longer stay 2 jab version.

I didn't know if I was going to make it out of the country because they tightened the lockdown and made it so pcr tests were only valid for 2 days on domestic flights.

Most labs were now running a 4 day turn around time on PCR testing due to being overwhelmed.. I had to get to Jakarta to catch my flight out, and ended up getting a pcr test done at one of the wealthy hospitals with a 1 day turn around because they had their own lab, while most people could not travel.

The other side of the family was now fighting about the rich uncle's death.. he had multiple businesses, but was leveraging debt, and no one on that side of the family to manage the situation. Those people are afraid for their future as the bank may repossess his factory and other assets.

Just seeing this in my wife's family showed me people were not prepared for this, and it made me angry that they were not further along in vaccinating the public.

There was a front page story in the news where they had talked about how Indonesia had lost over 450 doctors already, whom had been vaccinated with the Chinese sinovac, which apparently is useless against the delta variant.

Anyway, it was a trip I won't soon forget.

Last edited:
Over 80% are asymptomatic. But all it takes is one anonymous handle to tell us they had a relative die from it and people crumble as if they had a life-long relationship with the poster while knowing nothing of the co-morbidity. The sympathy-seeking and virtue-points-empathy-giving is the posturing you get with people who don't believe in arriving at solutions thru rigorous debate.
Did we get rid of the constitution when AIDS hit? I remember there were people who wanted to use the AIDs epidemic to declare gay people public enemy number 1. But the courts weren't gonna support that and cooler heads prevailed before it ever got that far. But NOW, because the minority has been successfully demonized by truly bad people with unlimited ambition ... well we're gonna satisfy some long held grudges with good old-fashioned revenge.

2 problems:

1984.jpg

Truer words….

Yes, we all have the vaccine. Vaccine is probably a good way to hedge your bets, but if you’re healthy you’re good either way.

Your bread is unhealthy.
I don’t know why I thought you were antivax. That is a pretty conflicting message though. I assume you and your wife and her sister are all healthy. Why would you take it if you didn’t need it? The answer to that, which you very well know is exactly why everyone who is able to take the vaccine, should, on their own accord.

Cloth masks are useless for protection but help reduce spread. Surgical masks are slightly helpful for protection and very useful to prevent spread. KN95 and above are very useful for prevention and spread. Anyone with a modicum of sense would realize that there is different efficacy. If everyone properly used a KN95 this would get knocked out pretty quickly.

I know that in my clinic I have been exposed to symptomatic Covid at least three times. Each time the patients wore either a surgical or cloth mask and I usually wear a KN95 or surgical mask. Seemed to help for me.

Did we get rid of the constitution when AIDS hit? I remember there were people who wanted to use the AIDs epidemic to declare gay people public enemy number 1. But the courts weren't gonna support that and cooler heads prevailed before it ever got that far. But NOW, because the minority has been successfully demonized by truly bad people with unlimited ambition ... well we're gonna satisfy some long held grudges with good old-fashion revenge.

2 problems:

1984.jpg

the more important inoculation are the books written warning of this moment coupled with the critical thinking skills needed to resist the power-mad

I don't know, Winston seemed pretty content at the end. Winking

Your bread is unhealthy.

Delta variant
Beta variant
Lambda variant
Epsilon variant

We're gonna need vaccines for all the variants. So until we have a vaccine for every variant, best advice is for people to build one of these ...

panic-room-movie-poster.jpg

... and stay inside of it until all threats are removed from nature. Those X-games people can suck it.

I consider this a nasty response to a lighthearted jab (no pun intended) at people making the same points over and over for a year and a half.

It wasn't like I labeled someone else's post "an incredible and irresponsible misconception and misinformation" Now had I posted something like that, I would expect nasty responses.
Nasty? I'm so sorry. I had no idea you were such a delicate flower. Best wishes for you to recover from the nasty injury you've sustained. Hopefully you can keep looking down on us when you decide the conversational zenith has been achieved.

Reactions: Big10domination

I've read enough of his posts to believe that he's a real Dr. and that he didn't just sleep at Holiday Inn Express. I don't agree with some of the things he posts but on the other hand I haven't read anything that was way out wacky wrong either. You put 20 Dr.s in a room and not all of them are going to agree with everything as regards COVID. Generally though they're going to be polite and give at least some consideration to views that differ from their own. His perspective is different from some of us. That's all.

Reactions: saluno22
I don’t know why I thought you were antivax. That is a pretty conflicting message though. I assume you and your wife and her sister are all healthy. Why would you take it if you didn’t need it? The answer to that, which you very well know is exactly why everyone who is able to take the vaccine, should, on their own accord.

Cloth masks are useless for protection but help reduce spread. Surgical masks are slightly helpful for protection and very useful to prevent spread. KN95 and above are very useful for prevention and spread. Anyone with a modicum of sense would realize that there is different efficacy. If everyone properly used a KN95 this would get knocked out pretty quickly.

I know that in my clinic I have been exposed to symptomatic Covid at least three times. Each time the patients wore either a surgical or cloth mask and I usually wear a KN95 or surgical mask. Seemed to help for me.
When you assume it just makes you an ass.

Like I said, vaccine is a good way to hedge your bets. Eating healthy is also a good way to live longer. I’m still very fascinated why you care so much about vaccines and masks, but haven’t heard your voice your concern over American diets. Obesity is a much bigger risk than COVID. Please use your energy for the latter.

Like I said vaccine is a good way to hedge your bets. Eating healthy is also a good way to live longer. I’m still very fascinated why you care so much about vaccines and masks, but haven’t heard your voice your concern over American diets. Obesity is a much bigger risk than COVID. Please use your energy for the latter.
It's the same thing Americans always want. A pill or a shot to make up for all of their poor habits. It's much easier to vaccinate high risk obese patients than to get them to quit Micky Ds and lose that extra 100 lbs of weight they're carrying around. To be fair though, I lost a 65 year old friend who had no comorbidities. This virus can be pretty random in who it decides to kill. The best analogy I've heard is "not getting vaccinated is like playing Russian roulette".

Nasty? I'm so sorry. I had no idea you were such a delicate flower. Best wishes for you to recover from the nasty injury you've sustained. Hopefully you can keep looking down on us when you decide the conversational zenith has been achieved.
Apology accepted. Thank you. Now feel free to carry on with your miserable life.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
I don't care what training he has. He has been consistent from the get go and has been right as much as your hero Fraudci. Fauci is like Wiltfong when it comes to recruiting, changes his opinion to look right.

There are people with zero medical experience that can obtain data and determine if what Fraudci or Atlas says is true. There have been practically no studies about mask wearing and how that affects the spread of the virus. Show me one. But I can go to a statistician and have him provide me with data to show that California and all of their mask mandates have a similar spread of the virus as Texas and Florida, with no mask mandates. Explain that to me.
You don’t think recommendations should change as more peer-reviewed data comes in? You don’t think leaders in any field should flex to new information? Generals in war? Pilots in the air? Scott frost with his swing passes? And when did I ever say fauci is a hero? No one in this pandemic has been a hero. It has sucked for everyone, and everyone has been flawed at some point..

Reactions: jmliehr

Florida accounted for about one in six of the new deaths documented nationwide in July, the data collected by the CDC shows.
Most of the new cases and those seen in the hospital are unvaccinated individuals 20-49 years of age," Alonso told The Palm Beach Post on Saturday.

Anyway back to Husker football the only way I see it impacting the team is if there is an outbreak by position group. The quarantine process could get tricky for sure
Roughly 8000 people die ever day in the USA on avg. You have plenty of pearl clutching posts, but I have seen zero plans from you on stopping death.

We've closed restaurants. People died.
We closed bars. People died.
We wore masks. People died.
We rioted. People died.
We gave "vaccines." People died.
We scared sick people. They didn't go to the doctor. People died.
We closed schools. People died.
We shipped sick people to nursing homes. People died.

Or maybe you need to look deeper into these weird, headline grabbing stats.

You don’t think recommendations should change as more peer-reviewed data comes in? You don’t think leaders in any field should flex to new information? Generals in war? Pilots in the air? Scott frost with his swing passes? And when did I ever say fauci is a hero? No one in this pandemic has been a hero. It has sucked for everyone, and everyone has been flawed at some point..
This guy has a lot of letters behind his name. Let me know if you like any of them. I'll keep looking.

ADVERTISEMENT