ADVERTISEMENT

Covid 8.0 no name calling

Status
Not open for further replies.
And CBS,NBC,ABC,New York Times, Wall street journal, Washington Post, virtually every local station in major cities across the US. You are basically proving my point. The blatant liberal outlets would prefer to compete against each other for half the pie as opposed to being spread out across the spectrum. Its a very hard sell today to say the news is unbiased, if there is one thing Americans have seen in the last 4 years is the blatant bias systemic in our news organizations and yes that includes FOX
Ask them, what percentage of negative coverage on impeachment and russian hoax on those you listed.
Have them look it up. Then have them post their findings.
50-50? TDS

Reactions: bluenrg
You just continue to be wrong on this...

Here are the experts in Nevada, days before the order, these are the people who asked for the state action.

https://nevadanursingboard.org/wp-c...ydroxychloroquine-in-Response-to-COVID-19.pdf

Prescriptions for chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine related to COVID-19 may ONLY be dispensed for the treatment of, NOT for the prevention of the disease and must comply with the following:
a) The patient has a diagnosis of COVID-19 and the diagnosis is indicated on the prescription;
b) The prescription is limited to no more than a fourteen (14) day supply;
c) No refills may be permitted unless a new prescription is furnished; and
d) The pharmacist confirms that the prescribing practitioner submitted an individual “compassionate use” or expanded access request with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA Form 3926).
Ummm, experts in Nevada.....
So, screw Fauci and Birx? TDS?

Reactions: OzzyLvr
You just continue to be wrong on this...

Here are the experts in Nevada, days before the order, these are the people who asked for the state action.

https://nevadanursingboard.org/wp-c...ydroxychloroquine-in-Response-to-COVID-19.pdf

Prescriptions for chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine related to COVID-19 may ONLY be dispensed for the treatment of, NOT for the prevention of the disease and must comply with the following:
a) The patient has a diagnosis of COVID-19 and the diagnosis is indicated on the prescription;
b) The prescription is limited to no more than a fourteen (14) day supply;
c) No refills may be permitted unless a new prescription is furnished; and
d) The pharmacist confirms that the prescribing practitioner submitted an individual “compassionate use” or expanded access request with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA Form 3926).
So, when were these prescriptions written? For wuhan? Splain that please?

It just said, your link, governor allows no distribution outside hospital cares.
Align this for us, this is competing ideas, don't you think?
Prescriptions can't be given out unless you're in hospital, says the governor.
State board of pharma says, honor prescriptions?

Ask them, what percentage of negative coverage on impeachment and russian hoax on those you listed.
Have them look it up. Then have them post their findings.
50-50? TDS

Trying to steer back to the topic at hand, both sides are covering the current crisis.

But both sides media use the same playbooks, it happened from the right via the Clinton administration, the left during Bush, the right during the Obama years and now the opposite during the Trump years. And now the right will attack Biden for the campaign.

It’s a tired, predictable practice, but as long as it gets eyes, ears and advertising dollars it will never end.

I’m actually guessing that deep down CNN loves Donald Trump in office from the position that he is a lightning rod that drives eyes and ears and traffic.

So, when were these prescriptions written? For wuhan? Splain that please?

It just said, your link, governor allows no distribution outside hospital cares.
Align this for us, this is competing ideas, don't you think?
Prescriptions can't be given out unless you're in hospital, says the governor.
State board of pharma says, honor prescriptions?

Read it again more slowly, no preventive use for COVID-19. No restrictions on FDA approved usage. If the FDA says it can be used preventatively I would wager the state restrictions would disappear very quickly.

Trying to steer back to the topic at hand, both sides are covering the current crisis.

But both sides media use the same playbooks, it happened from the right via the Clinton administration, the left during Bush, the right during the Obama years and now the opposite during the Trump years. And now the right will attack Biden for the campaign.

It’s a tired, predictable practice, but as long as it gets eyes, ears and advertising dollars it will never end.

I’m actually guessing that deep down CNN loves Donald Trump in office from the position that he is a lightning rod that drives eyes and ears and traffic.
Since Trump was elected CNN has lost 41% of their viewership so thats not working very well for them

One thing? Various msm, pols have wanted fox and radio shuttered, direct anti constitutional sentiment.
So, the vast majority, thus main stream, in our media sings one tune, and wants any other voices silenced.

This by itself should worry you.

Read it again more slowly, no preventive use for COVID-19. No restrictions on FDA approved usage. If the FDA says it can be used preventatively I would wager the state restrictions would disappear very quickly.
I don't understand what's inconsistent about the Nevada order vs. President Trump's statements about chloroquine being a "what do you have to lose?" drug for people who are seriously ill. The Nevada order allows for its use in hospitals and emergency rooms, which is where I would expect to find most people who are seriously ill with nothing left to lose.

Of course I'm looking at reports that actually explain the details of the Nevada order, not a three-week-old blurb from AP. Maybe that's where I went wrong.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Heres the report,actually, not from another source that politifact used, makes you wonder why

A woman removes items before the Las Vegas Boat Harbor closes at the Lake Mead National Recreation Area, Monday, March 23, 2020, near Boulder City, Nev. The recreation area is closing down most areas in Nevada to limit transmission of the coronavirus. (AP Photo/John Locher) THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

BY MICHELLE L. PRICE, Associated Press

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Nevada’s governor has signed an emergency order barring the use of anti-malaria drugs for someone who has the coronavirus.

Democratic Gov. Steve Sisolak’s order Tuesday restricting chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine comes after President Donald Trump touted the medication as a treatment for the virus.

[
SEE:

The Latest News on the Coronavirus Outbreak ]
Trump last week falsely stated that the Food and Drug Administration had just approved the use of chloroquine to treat patients infected with coronavirus. After the FDA’s chief said the drug still needs to be tested for that use, Trump overstated the drug’s potential benefits in containing the virus.

Sisolak said in a statement that there’s no consensus among experts or Nevada doctors that the drugs can treat people with COVID-19. His order also limits a prescription to a 30-day supply so that people cannot find a way to stockpile the drug and ensure it’s available for “legitimate medical purposes.”

[
MORE:

Graphic: The Spread of Coronavirus in the United States ]
The governor’s rule comes a day after a Phoenix-area man died and his wife was in critical condition after they took an additive used to clean fish tanks known as chloroquine phosphate, similar to the drug used to treat malaria.

Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Tags: Nevada, coronavirus

I already posted a link from the SAME writer where she corrected the actual facts. But that’s your MO, post something and then ignore anything that conflicts with your “thoughts”

https://apnews.com/72f591f9b46fd46c1bfb3b4b5cf9f1bb

Nevada governor bars gatherings of more than 10 people
By MICHELLE L. PRICE March 25, 2020

In other Nevada coronavirus news:

— Sisolak signed an emergency order earlier Tuesday barring the use of anti-malaria drugs for someone who has the coronavirus. But Sisolak’s order does not apply to patients who are hospitalized with coronavirus.

Read which one?
The one you posted for the governor said, not outside of hospital for wuhan use.

The pharma one said honor them by physicians.

Now again, reread what you posted for each very slowly, then try to put them together without them opposing each other.

I already posted a link from the SAME writer where she corrected the actual facts. But that’s your MO, post something and then ignore anything that conflicts with your “thoughts”

Nevada governor bars gatherings of more than 10 people
By MICHELLE L. PRICE March 25, 2020

In other Nevada coronavirus news:

— Sisolak signed an emergency order earlier Tuesday barring the use of anti-malaria drugs for someone who has the coronavirus. But Sisolak’s order does not apply to patients who are hospitalized with coronavirus.
Reread your own posts again.
The governor allowed for chlorequine use outside hospitals?
Link please?
Pharma said then what? They didnt get your post either?

But here’s an updated report, from the exact same journalist, Michelle L Price.

Sorry that MSM let you down.

Sisolak signed an emergency order earlier Tuesday barring the use of anti-malaria drugs for someone who has the coronavirus. But Sisolak’s order does not apply to patients who are hospitalized with coronavirus.

Another

https://www.reviewjournal.com/local...-signs-restriction-order-for-2-drugs-1990149/

The order doesn’t limit use of the drugs in hospitals, only in outpatient settings where hoarding is evident, the governor’s office stressed. Doctors may continue to prescribe them to hospitalized COVID-19 patients at their discretion.

And another

https://nypost.com/2020/03/24/nevada-governor-bans-malaria-drugs-for-coronavirus-patients/

Democratic Gov. Steve Sisolak’s emergency regulation limits the prescription of the drugs in outpatient settings — not in hospitals or emergency rooms — to a 30-day supply, to ensure they’re available for “legitimate medical purposes.”
Read that APNews quote slowly, align that with allowng use by subscription through pharma regs?
They dont align.

Since Trump was elected CNN has lost 41% of their viewership so thats not working very well for them

And yet their web platform is thriving and is the most uniquely visited news platform. Pretty sure they’re doing just fine.

I don't understand what's inconsistent about the Nevada order vs. President Trump's statements about chloroquine being a "what do you have to lose?" drug for people who are seriously ill. The Nevada order allows for its use in hospitals and emergency rooms, which is where I would expect to find most people who are seriously ill with nothing left to lose.

Of course I'm looking at reports that actually explain the details of the Nevada order, not a three-week-old blurb from AP. Maybe that's where I went wrong.

We are in agreement in general, Northwood is the one trying to claim (falsely) that Nevada enacted a total ban for it’s use vs COVID-19.

If you're in nevada after the emergency signing by the governor of nevada, you could not get chloroquine for wuhan unless hospitalized. Fact.
Before his emergency signing, you could, fact.

Should you take chloroquine before hospitalization, recommended by many, including the fda.
Should it be doctor prescibed, and taken double dosage first day, then single dosage four consecutive days, exactly.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and bluenrg
If you're in nevada after the emergency signing by the governor of nevada, you could not get chloroquine for wuhan unless hospitalized. Fact.

Should you take chloroquine before hospitalization, recommended by many, including the fda.
Should it be doctor prescibed, and taken double dosage first day, then single dosage four consecutive days, exactly.

Your post and claim...

https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/covid-8-0-no-name-calling.265402/page-14#post-5922307

You used an outdated article that was updated by the author herself later that falsely claimed it was fully banned.

Here is the FDA’s guidance, where the current requirement is they be hospitalized

https://www.fda.gov/media/136535/download

MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS FOR CHLOROQUINE PHOSPHATE ADMINISTRATION UNDER EUA
In order to mitigate the risks of using this product for an unapproved use under EUA and to optimize the potential benefit of chloroquine phosphate, the following items are required. Use of chloroquine phosphate under this EUA is limited to the following (all requirements must be met):
1. Adults and adolescents who weigh 50 kg or more and are hospitalized with COVID-19 for whom a clinical trial is not available, or participation is not feasible.

So why didn't you just say all that in the first place, instead of going out of your way to post an outdated one-liner that's absolutely not true? Which was:

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Nevada’s governor has signed an emergency order barring the use of anti-malaria drugs for someone who has the coronavirus.

Reactions: jmliehr
Essentually, doing what that governor did doubles down on much of what were seeing, funnel everyone to hospital, leave the rest to battle it out at home, except, this governor took it upon himself to take away a still promising tool to keep you from the hospital.
He strongarmed everyone, but the usage of chloroquine in nevada hospital stories?
Where are they?
And then, compare them to the other non hospitalized goings on elsewheres, in many staes,many countries around the planet.
So, what do we get? Idiot takes drug with no doctor,harms himself.
What are we to expect?

I dont even want a self prescribed good ending story, so too, neither a failed one.

So why didn't you just say all that in the first place, instead of going out of your way to post an outdated one-liner that's absolutely not true? Which was:

I did, but retconned along the way.
Notice, my source wasnt the one politifact resourced?
This is retconning. Spinning.
Notice the pharma heads in nevada said it was ok to honor prescriptions for wuhan, while the governor forbade it?

Now, again
Each hospital gets 13 grand for wuhan admitted patient, 39 grand if intubated. From the feds.
From the stim bill.

I did, but retconned along the way.
Notice, my source wasnt the one politifact resourced?
This is retconning. Spinning.
Notice the pharma heads in nevada said it was ok to honor prescriptions for wuhan, while the governor forbade it?
Simple question: Is the outdated one-liner you posted true, or is it false?

And yet you sit here and blabber relentlessly about other people "spinning" and making politically motivated posts. That's hilarious.

Reactions: jmliehr

It was barred, unless hospitalization occurs, prior to that, a doctor could do so while at home.

So to you guys who for some reason disagree with a lot of Doctors about Hydroxychloroquine lets say you get Covid but are not put in the hospital. Your Dr advises you that the drug is mostly safe and there is a lot of information stating it works on Covid but there has not been time enough for proper trials.

What do you do take it or do you deny the prescription because you hate Trump

Reactions: OzzyLvr and bluenrg
Do I have to really compare the two? So, a superbowl ad cost the same as a link?
No?
Name one link that compares to a superbowl ad
No?
Hmm, must be something different here.

You you are saying that because an ad, during an event that encompasses .04 of the year, costs a lot of $, that means that TV advertising is the king?

The chart shows % of overall ad spending...which includes the Super Bowl.

We believed our leaders who said, info is now our business, manu is dead.
I didn't, but many did. Jimmy Carter said this.
We had presidents who happily shipped our jobs overseas, have seen an underclass, less deserving attitudes towards them, and even those who do them.

Now, it's come home to bight us in the ass, hard, no spinning, they were wrong, no retconning, too many movies tv shows,statements etc etc etc, and we wonder why they want fox off the air, radio shut down, they can't retcon.

Regardless, those chameleon leaders will just change colors about our manufacturing etc, but all the while, they were wrong

So to you guys who for some reason disagree with a lot of Doctors about Hydroxychloroquine lets say you get Covid but are not put in the hospital. Your Dr advises you that the drug is mostly safe and there is a lot of information stating it works on Covid but there has not been time enough for proper trials.

What do you do take it or do you deny the prescription because you hate Trump
I wouldn't take an unproven drug unless I was really, really sick. And while that conclusion has nothing to do with President Trump, that's actually all I've ever heard him tout about the drug - an option for really ill people. So it seems like I would be following his advice, intentionally or not.

You you are saying that because an ad, during an event that encompasses .04 of the year, costs a lot of $, that means that TV advertising is the king?

The chart shows % of overall ad spending...which includes the Super Bowl.
I dont mean that at all.
Applying it to itself. How much does cnn make? How much does cnn charge its advertisers per hit vs actual viewership?
Get those numbers, you're starting on thewrongside of the issue.

The problem is if we only use Hydroxychloroquine on patients with "nothing to lose" it's probably too late for them anyway. The key to treating any viral or bacterial disease is early intervention. Personally, I'll leave the debate about what drugs and when to use them to the M.D.s. It's silly for news organizations and news celebrity Dr.s to be suggesting or questioning guidelines. Most of the TV Drs are NOT infectious disease specialists nor Pharm Ds.

I would take an experimental drug EARLY on IF it was made available to me and it has been proven safe for other disease processes. If I already have organ failure, well give me fluids, oxygen, antibiotics and my last rights.

Last edited:
I wouldn't take an unproven drug unless I was really, really sick. And while that conclusion has nothing to do with President Trump, that's actually all I've ever heard him tout about the drug - an option for really ill people. So it seems like I would be following his advice, intentionally or not.
So, if a Dr said it has shown promise, and he should be the only conscionanable source,?

Then you need to listen to his words. That's not all he's said.

The problem is if we only use Hydroxychloroquine on patients with "nothing to lose" it's probably too late for them anyway. The key to treating any viral or bacterial disease is early intervention. Personally, I'll leave the debate out what drugs and when to use them to the M.D.s. It's silly for news organizations and news celebrity Dr.s to be suggesting or questioning guidelines. Most of the TV Drs are NOT infectious disease specialists nor Pharm Ds.

I would take an experimental drug EARLY on IF it was made available to me and it has been proven safe for other disease processes. If I already have organ failure, well give me fluids, oxygen, antibiotics and my last rights.
But, experts seem to not count for some reason all the sudden.
And again, I'll mention that each hospital gets 13 grand from the feds for each wuhan admittance,39 grand if intubated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT