ADVERTISEMENT

Covid 8.0 no name calling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bingo. Even Gavin Newsom is figuring it out

https://news.yahoo.com/gavin-newsom-declares-california-nation-160012325.html

Hope he's not thinking he's blazing some new trail, though.

There were a bunch of folks who figured out things like States' rights (and therefore States' responsibilities) in regards to this nation back in the 1700's. Way before all us educated folk figured it out. Heck, that might have even been before the internet.

Yah I imagine a lot of folks who otherwise wouldn't care about states right will flex a little when Trump suggests we open up. That's my next popcorn moment for this covid thing.

Reactions: NorthwoodHusker
What are you talking about? I didn't take a side one way or another regarding if it is "ok" that those with comorbidities are dying of cv19. I just said i don't recall anyone explicitly saying that. But if someone did, I think I can guess who it was.

What are you talking about ? I didn't say you actually thought it was.

And for the record I absolutely said many of the people who died were dying already.

Bingo. Even Gavin Newsom is figuring it out

https://news.yahoo.com/gavin-newsom-declares-california-nation-160012325.html

Hope he's not thinking he's blazing some new trail, though.

There were a bunch of folks who figured out things like States' rights (and therefore States' responsibilities) in regards to this nation back in the 1700's. Way before all us educated folk figured it out. Heck, that might have even been before the internet.
It's easy to extrapolate this to the elecetoral college wisdom as well, including the distinction of the senate, two per state etc.
Balancing power has lasted us further than any known true republic, and it will continue ti, if we can keep it.

And for the record I absolutely said many of the people who died were dying already.

What percentage is many? And what timeframe? I can just as easily say “many” people getting laid off were working their way to unemployment through poor performance or corporate downsizing.

What percentage is many? And what timeframe? I can just as easily say “many” people getting laid off were working their way to unemployment through poor performance or corporate downsizing.

It's a lot.

Live in fear.

I look at it this way.
Say someone has leukemia, they get the bone marrow transplant.
In recovery, they are exposed to two diseases, wuhan and ebola.
With no current immune system, what kills them?

I look at it this way.
Say someone has leukemia, they get the bone marrow transplant.
In recovery, they are exposed to two diseases, wuhan and ebola.
With no current immune system, what kills them?
Oddly, I know the answer
The name of the disease the doctor checks off

I applaud the site for allowing the discussion and discourse on the Covid threads. Whoever made that decision made a bold decision. My hope (and belief)is that the folks who chose to speak their mind and expose their personal beliefs will eventually become closer throughout the years participating on this site-maybe even meet each other at a game.

It’s become a routine to check in and reads comments now every night. My pendulum tends to swing a certain way with most issues, but this is a brand new game. Hence, my one and only post.

I now live in Texas, but grew up in Nebraska. I have one employee that has been instructed to quarantine, but was not given the test. However, I got a text from my mother (lives in Columbus) this morning to learn that her brother-in-law’s sister died from the virus. She lived in Lincoln. One of this types of ‘Aunt’s’ that are not blood, but was at every family reunion that you hope never caught you to give you a kiss.

Ultimately, I feel some reason to interject that I feel that it is going to be so critical to force the minions on both sides not to criticize the medical team that we listen to each night from the White House. Maybe this has been said already, but there are too many gullible people on both sides who will get lost in the political translation. These are the folks who need the most guidance. I find a high majority on here not be be ignorant, but rather those that have the potential to influence others. Stay away from criticizing the scientists. This is a one-off. Could it have been worse-probably, thank god its not.

I don’t know if I’m asking of anything, finally coming into my beliefs as I move forward, or just wanting to (not from a heroic standpoint) offer what I believe is a civilized approach to a very Benicial conversation you fellow fans are having.

I’m not going to proofread. Please make sense of it. Lol

This is a very good post and it sucks to hear about your “Aunt”. One of the first people to die of the virus in our area was a former colleague of mine. He did just turn 70, so some will refer to him as expendable, but he was a very productive guy, doing a lot of good in his community.

You are spot on about the medical professionals and experts, tasked with this. We have far too many armchair QB’s belittling these people and pretending to just naturally have more knowledge and accusing them of pushing some agenda.

I wish I would share your optimism about the board and people coming together, but honestly it’s hard to see right now. I’ve been on here almost two decades and have really enjoyed talking football, food, whiskey, etc, with fellow Husker fans Over the years, many of us have even gotten together for drinks, tailgates, etc. But honestly, that seems like a lifetime ago. I’m going to try to stick to football threads, for now. but might just step away altogether. I can’t believe what is allowed to go on these threads. There is no information or knowledge being shared, just a small group trying to push their agenda and being allow to attack anyone not following along. Over the years, so many have been banned for so much less, but I guess this is the new normal.

Stay safe and GBR

Admissions are below pre pandemic levels in NYC now, we may be on the downside. Widespread testing to confirm a drop in infection rate and evidence of prior infections are the path to reopening NYC and other areas now.

The answer is what the ME sees as the leading contributor, and then he also should reference contributing factors.
So, what part makes up models that impact decisions that then impact our lives?
Just doing my part, not like you need a commission to figure this........

Admissions are below pre pandemic levels in NYC now, we may be on the downside. Widespread testing to confirm a drop in infection rate and evidence of prior infections are the path to reopening NYC and other areas now.

I'm looking forward a more normal pace of life. Although my wife will still be stuck with the kids for the rest of the school term.

I'm looking forward a more normal pace of life. Although my wife will still be stuck with the kids for the rest of the school term.

Me too, we cancelled Spring Break plans, our kid normally does 4-5 nights of practices and 2-4 games a weekend. We were supposed to travel to KC the past two weekends and also this weekend, St Louis next weekend and KC again the weekend after.

And my teams work projects have been totally derailed by travel restrictions, we are all remote minus one guy who still chooses to go in to the office, but he has to have symptoms and temperatures checked daily to stay onsite.

Reactions: headcard
seems we've made it out of every pandemic, too....
True....except for the folks that died. None of them have come back from a pandemic.

I'm also pretty sure we didn't let them run rampant, either.....as some seem to think we should with this one.

Yeah...I now that we're all going to die at some point. But, to me, the folks that seem to think that this is no big deal, and that are so flippant about this, should be the first to NOT get any health care if they or members of their family get sick. They seem to be willing to sacrifice people's lives for the sake of the economy. That's fine...but that sacrifice needs to start from their own home.

I really dont know why the liberals insist on changing the conversation to strictly politics. I thought it was supposed to be political topics related to the China virus.

I was responding to a conservative's post specifically regarding politics.

Just out of curiosity....

My dad is 73. He has some liver damage as a result of a side effect from medication he had to take for a medical issue 30 years ago. His immune system is compromised. However, he is good shape from a cardiovascular point. He played pickleball 2-3 times a week until all of this, and a torn meniscus, sidelined him recently.

I have a 70 year old aunt with a repressed immune system due to a medical issue. However, she is the same size she was in HS (as she has always been) and hiked quite often before all of this.

This likely kills one or both of them if they catch this.

Are these people that, in your mind, have one foot in the grave?

Last edited:
He often doesn't.

I just like to let you guys show your true colors.

I used pictures because I know you're not very good with numbers hope that helps.

Idk... 86.2% seems like "a lot" or "many." I wonder if it's enough for @jmliehr

Are you ever going to tell us when we all die because the deaths are doubling? I have some public outings to plan.

145911_graphic_web.png

https://www.the-hospitalist.org/hos.../comorbidities-rule-new-yorks-covid-19-deaths

I used pictures because I know you're not very good with numbers hope that helps.

Are you ever going to tell us when we all die because the deaths are doubling? I have some public outings to plan.

145911_graphic_web.png

https://www.the-hospitalist.org/hos.../comorbidities-rule-new-yorks-covid-19-deaths
I already addressed how I never said we'd all die.

You a Trump fan by any chance? Just wondering, because you both like to use false narratives when discussing things with those of whom you disagree.

This is a very good post and it sucks to hear about your “Aunt”. One of the first people to die of the virus in our area was a former colleague of mine. He did just turn 70, so some will refer to him as expendable, but he was a very productive guy, doing a lot of good in his community.

You are spot on about the medical professionals and experts, tasked with this. We have far too many armchair QB’s belittling these people and pretending to just naturally have more knowledge and accusing them of pushing some agenda.

I wish I would share your optimism about the board and people coming together, but honestly it’s hard to see right now. I’ve been on here almost two decades and have really enjoyed talking football, food, whiskey, etc, with fellow Husker fans Over the years, many of us have even gotten together for drinks, tailgates, etc. But honestly, that seems like a lifetime ago. I’m going to try to stick to football threads, for now. but might just step away altogether. I can’t believe what is allowed to go on these threads. There is no information or knowledge being shared, just a small group trying to push their agenda and being allow to attack anyone not following along. Over the years, so many have been banned for so much less, but I guess this is the new normal.

Stay safe and GBR

I agree 100% with your current assessment of some of the threads. I subscribe to the old saying “ it’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt” : ) Hopefully we can get back to taking about football soon.

145911_graphic_web.png

Breaking news folks, people have multiple medical issues! This is brand new information!

Oh, wait! Over 130 million Americans suffer from chronic diseases that would be listed as co-morbidities if they died today?

If 45% of American’s have hypertension like the article claims, is 55% of people dying from the virus having hypertension statistically that significantly different?

Well, sorry but GBR-not-forlife has determined you were going to die regardless so it’s a waste of resources to try to stop the spread to keep you alive.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity....

My dad is 73. He has some liver damage as a result of a side effect from medication he had to take for a medical issue 30 years ago. His immune system is compromised. However, he is good shape from a cardiovascular point. He played pickleball 2-3 times a week until all of this, and a torn meniscus, sidelined him recently.

I have a 70 year old aunt with a repressed immune system due to a medical issue. However, she is the same size she was in HS (as she has always been) and hiked quite often before all of this.

This likely kills one or both of them if they catch this.

Are these people that, in your mind, have one foot in the grave?

Not only that, their audacity to want to live has ruined our economy, or was it the lockdowns? No, can’t be that, it was the media, or was it the left?

So I guess we're not ready to admit that the experts were wrong, the models were bullshit, and that the shutdowns have been a gigantic mistake yet?

Nope, models were imperfect, just like every other model built by humans. The efforts at social distancing and shelter in place orders have drastically slowed the spread of the virus. Have some areas and states probably been overly cautious? Probably so, but some areas have also proven to not be cautious enough.

If you feel free to express your opinion on here the least you can do is respect others when they express their opinions. It is my guess that admin will agree with me here.

Breaking news folks, people have multiple medical issues! This is brand new information!

Oh, wait! Over 130 million Americans suffer from chronic diseases that would be listed as co-morbidities if they died today?

If 45% of American’s have hypertension like the article claims, is 55% of people dying from the virus having hypertension statistically that significantly different?

Well, sorry but GBR-not-forlife has determined you were going to die regardless so it’s a waste of resources to try to stop the spread to keep you alive.

You act like I gave them the comorbidity and the virus. LMAO this is one of your worst spin jobs. If you're going to get mad at the answer don't ask for the data and condescendingly reply "just as I expected" and have it blow up in your face when in fact I was correct again.

Reactions: Hastings4Huskers

Sounds like you're saying the people were dying anyway and the virus was insignificant...

Nope, models were imperfect, just like every other model built by humans. The efforts at social distancing and shelter in place orders have drastically slowed the spread of the virus. Have some areas and states probably been overly cautious? Probably so, but some areas have also proven to not be cautious enough.

The models weren't imperfect, they were flat out wrong. And no, they weren't wrong because of social distancing. They were already taking that into account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT