ADVERTISEMENT

Covid 8.0 no name calling

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO, people thinking Fauci has to cover his butt I think is off base.

Guy's 80 years old and has a nice retirement coming. He doesn't really have anything to prove to anyone. When this washes over he'll be the butt of a few jokes in Breitbart comment section, but the only thing people are going to remember about this period in history is Trump and his response (whether they deem it good or bad). Edit: and that will probably only get minor play, most history books will probably just mention Great Depression II if we get there.

When we talk about the recession just prior to this one, we don't talk about Paulson vs Geithner, we talk about Bush vs Obama. And that was only 10 years ago. Good luck asking the man on the street the names of any of FDR New Deal friends.

This will be no different. Fauci isn't going to be in any history book.
Fauci is one of those guys who loves his job and will never retire until he physically just can't go anymore. IMO, this is a much bigger deal than that recession and when it's discussed Fauci's name will be in the historical accounts. JMHO.

No, unless you discredit Faucis own wit?
Shouldn't he himself know better?

I honestly don't care if Fauci is write or wrong, I happen to like the guy on tv like 80% of Americans so I don't have a big issue with him being out in front.

But I don't believe the right is doing Trump a big favor by trying to make it seem like Trump could be president if only Fauci would let him have it back.

Makes him look weak.

Then the next argument is that Fauci is popular and so Trump would hurt himself by overruling him and the media is painting him into following him.

Makes it look like Trump cares more about his campaign than doing something to help folks.

If Trump is going to run as the guy who's going to fight for people and do the right thing and to hell with the Deep State, then he's got to actually do it even if the Deep State is running 30 points ahead of him in popularity.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Man I really don't think the early models were crazy at all. I was very concerned when this thing hit our shores. It COULD have been MUCH MUCH worse if had done nothing and make no mistake Nebraska and the surrounding areas are just getting started with this deal. The Dakotas' numbers are ramping up and I heard from family that they have cases in some nursing homes in Fargo now.

IMO, the actions that responsible private citizens took weeks before governmental entities mandated them helped us IMMENSELY. Weeks before we had any cases in the Omaha area other than the evacuees, I flew out of Omaha to Boston and man if you coughed people's heads snapped up. Granted they weren't at the 6' distance, but people were respecting personal space much better than they normally do.
The infection rate was seen as extremely high, way higher than earlier estimates.
I saw 5. Something per infection carried over.
So, every person infected 5 others.
Ive also seen lower than that, but even those revised numbers are 70% higher infection rate.

So, ABC posts a news story saying that intelligence had been tracking the virus since November and the DNI debunks that story with a rare statement and CNN decides to double down on the fake news. And people wonder why you can’t trust the MSM.

I honestly don't care if Fauci is write or wrong, I happen to like the guy on tv like 80% of Americans so I don't have a big issue with him being out in front.

But I don't believe the right is doing Trump a big favor by trying to make it seem like Trump could be president if only Fauci would let him have it back.

Makes him look weak.

Then the next argument is that Fauci is popular and so Trump would hurt himself by overruling him and the media is painting him into following him.

Makes it look like Trump cares more about his campaign than doing something to help folks.

If Trump is going to run as the guy who's going to fight for people and do the right thing and to hell with the Deep State, then he's got to actually do it even if the Deep State is running 30 points ahead of him in popularity.
Neither do I, when it comes to what he knows. But, when has he or anyone there or elsewheres considering things first, opening mouth second?
How much skin in that game does he have? How much effect has he felt?

He gave poor advice time after time on bad data. Ok, fine, but he needs to stay in his lane. He should point to those whose lane it is and gracefully step out.

Ok, until he does that, he's doing everyone, including himself, a disservice

The infection rate was seen as extremely high, way higher than earlier estimates.
I saw 5. Something per infection carried over.
So, every person infected 5 others.
Ive also seen lower than that, but even those revised numbers are 70% higher infection rate.
There seems to be little question that this is more contagious than flu. IMO the lower spread rate for influenza has to do with some anamnestic response due to previous influenza infections and vaccinations that prevent you from becoming viremic.

There seems to be little question that this is more contagious than flu. IMO the lower spread rate for influenza has to do with some anamnestic response due to previous influenza infections and vaccinations that prevent you from becoming viremic.
Exactly, and why Fauci backed off on comparing normal flu effect in warmer climbs,humidity etc.

But, again, Fauci never gave what we do know. We know in 1918 that there was a summer and in 1919 there was one as well.
Documentation is there, and because of lack of herd effect, we do have some instances and data to use, in the case of the spanish flu.

So, ABC posts a news story saying that intelligence had been tracking the virus since November and the DNI debunks that story with a rare statement and CNN decides to double down on the fake news. And people wonder why you can’t trust the MSM.
That was a very unusual exchange. The dishonesty of several national news outlets is so disappointing.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and kaz36
Exactly, and why Fauci backed off on comparing normal flu effect in warmer climbs,humidity etc.

But, again, Fauci never gave what we do know. We know in 1918 that there was a summer and in 1919 there was one as well.
Documentation is there, and because of lack of herd effect, we do have some instances and data to use, in the case of the spanish flu.
I think we have to be careful in comparing influenza epidemics and a corona virus epidemic. Corona virus has some very different physical characteristics from Influenza viruses that make it more stable in unfriendly environments.

I think we have to be careful in comparing influenza epidemics and a corona virus epidemic. Corona virus has some very different physical characteristics from Influenza viruses that make it more stable in unfriendly environments.
So then, what data on those on seasonal effect? Sar one, mers, both came in unincumbered,
Referencing this can be vaguely outlined, at least to likely happening, but to what extent.

We shouldn't get so deep in the weeds to prevent us from giving general observation.

Also, the infectious rate of course is in part, the ultimate driver, and of course, is the main difference between mers and sars one,thank God.
But everything has its waterloo, even evolution teaches that.

The DNI has been gutted, why don’t they help correct the story? Is it off by a day? A week? A month? Which direction is it off? Let’s just get the truth.

The DNI has been gutted, why don’t they help correct the story? Is it off by a day? A week? A month? Which direction is it off? Let’s just get the truth.
Whats not or has been written down and documented, if it wasn't so, someones putting their butt on the line.

The story was corrected. The virus got it's start according to multiple reports in very late November or early December. It became apparent supposedly in mid December to Chinese medical practitioners that they had something different going on in the last week or two of December. China covered it up and trying to get reliable intelligence about what it was was impossible until the one Dr. sounded the alarm on December 31st. Even then we couldn't be sure what was causing the disease at that time. SO reporting that our intelligence was tracking the virus in November was a complete fabrication.

You have to stop believing that because some high ranking career bureaucrats lose their jobs that an agency "has been gutted". A change in leadership can be very good for an agency. In the case of several of our national security apparatuses I would say that it has become very obvious that we've needed some cleanup of some out of control political operatives.

Look up what

ask james clyburn.

Ask anyone who would benefit politically if the economy were to crumble.
It aint that hard to see.

If this were that bad, they wouldnt be playing politics in DC over this stuff and bills. But here we are, same ol same ol. Trying to use crises to implement agenda.
I noticed about three news stories today, dedicated to reminding people how scary Corona is. If it was the Plague, those stories wouldn't be necessary.

So then, what data on those on seasonal effect? Sar one, mers, both came in unincumbered,
Referencing this can be vaguely outlined, at least to likely happening, but to what extent.

We shouldn't get so deep in the weeds to prevent us from giving general observation.

Also, the infectious rate of course is in part, the ultimate driver, and of course, is the main difference between mers and sars one,thank God.
But everything has its waterloo, even evolution teaches that.
MERS is still floating around in particular on the Arabian peninsula and appears to be harbored in camels. SARS died out for unknown reasons. It apparently mutated to a less pathogenic form fairly quickly. I haven't seen anybody suggest that SARS died out due to seasonal influences.

I noticed about three news stories today, dedicated to reminding people how scary Corona is. If it was the Plague, those stories wouldn't be necessary.
Part of it is that while places like Washington state have maybe gotten over the hump, most places in the rest of the country (like Nebraska) are still on the wrong side of the curve. People need to stay on their toes in trailing geographical areas. My wife says that the CDC says our state may not peak until August.

Last edited:
MERS is still floating around in particular on the Arabian peninsula and appears to be harbored in camels. SARS died out for unknown reasons. It apparently mutated to a less pathogenic form fairly quickly. I haven't seen anybody suggest that SARS died out due to seasonal influences.
Well, waterloo was the wrong word, but in context, seasonal effect. Both had them, but both weren't nearly as infectious.
So, either we're dropping the ball in studying seasonal effect, and should have more tools for future defenseless potential pandemics, or, we do have those studies, and Fauci or someone should be caught up enough to see this question coming and have a more educated answer.

I know it's asking alot of him, but he's apparently put the pants on

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ex-nyt-reporter-challenging-the-coronavirus-narrative
Good read

In February I was worried about the virus. By mid-March I was more scared about the economy. But now I’m starting to get genuinely nervous," he tweeted this week. "This isn’t complicated. The models don’t work. The hospitals are empty. WHY ARE WE STILL TALKING ABOUT INDEFINITE LOCKDOWNS?"

Definately, non biased, no longer a times reporter, doesn't look like the times upgraded

Reactions: OzzyLvr and bluenrg
Well, waterloo was the wrong word, but in context, seasonal effect. Both had them, but both weren't nearly as infectious.
So, either we're dropping the ball in studying seasonal effect, and should have more tools for future defenseless potential pandemics, or, we do have those studies, and Fauci or someone should be caught up enough to see this question coming and have a more educated answer.

I know it's asking alot of him, but he's apparently put the pants on
We don't know what we don't know. This is a NOVEL virus and we would just be guessing what seasonal changes will do to it. We'll know more by the end of the summer. Sometimes the right answer is "we don't know" and you can't be afraid to say it.

Last edited:
Neither do I, when it comes to what he knows. But, when has he or anyone there or elsewheres considering things first, opening mouth second?
How much skin in that game does he have? How much effect has he felt?

He gave poor advice time after time on bad data. Ok, fine, but he needs to stay in his lane. He should point to those whose lane it is and gracefully step out.

Ok, until he does that, he's doing everyone, including himself, a disservice

If we get down to brass tacks none of the governor's or even Trump has skin in the game by that measure. Not only do they all collect their pay and benefits no matter what....most of them are rich unlike Fauci.

Strangely enough they all more or less moved one direction despite the diversity in politics, backgrounds and geography.

We don't know what we know. This is a NOVEL virus and we would just be guessing what seasonal changes will do to it. We'll know more by the end of the summer. Sometimes the right answer is "we don't know" and you can't be afraid to say it.
Sars and mers werent?

Part of it is that while places like Washington state have maybe gotten over the hump, most places in the rest of the country (like Nebraska) are still on the wrong side of the curve. People need to stay on their toes in trailing geographical areas. My says that the CDC says our state may not peak until August.

Yah our governor is working off a couple models that have us anywhere from end of the month to July fourth. He says he's optimistic about the earlier estimate but he also listed several large federal facilities as hot spots as well as our second most populous county.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ex-nyt-reporter-challenging-the-coronavirus-narrative
Good read

In February I was worried about the virus. By mid-March I was more scared about the economy. But now I’m starting to get genuinely nervous," he tweeted this week. "This isn’t complicated. The models don’t work. The hospitals are empty. WHY ARE WE STILL TALKING ABOUT INDEFINITE LOCKDOWNS?"

Definately, non biased, no longer a times reporter, doesn't look like the times upgraded
Lockdowns IMO happened in New York because people were ignoring pleas for social distancing. It also was probably the only way they could keep people off of subways.

If we get down to brass tacks none of the governor's or even Trump has skin in the game by that measure. Not only do they all collect their pay and benefits no matter what....most of them are rich unlike Fauci.

Strangely enough they all more or less moved one direction despite the diversity in politics, backgrounds and geography.
So, Fauci doesn't care whether he's fired in disgrace? I'm sure those pols want to be reelected, money sure wasn't their call?
I think it was panic, and people like Fauci should have been ahead of it, to give better early advice.
Fauci said early on, this is like the flu, as did most, but other entities racheted up as well.

In march,early on, still racist calls on certain decisions, still like common flu to, we can't stop hard enough.
We watched italy be overcome, governors asked for more ventilators, they were told they werent needed, of course, they werent.
It's been a push in one direction, we need to get the economy started again? You're a heartless minster that only cares about money.
Were the advisers up to this? They wandered into that fire, they gave their advice, whats our leaders to do? Ignore them, face even greater heat?

Sars and mers werent?
What's your point. We guessed that SARS was going to come here and kick our ass. That was wrong. When you have a new strain of virus you're just guessing until you can collect enough data to make accurate predictions. We've got no way of knowing if this is going to have a seasonal ebb. IMO, part of the initial relatively low key level of concern with this one was in fact the way SARS disappeared on it's own. I don't think that Dr.s seriously thought this was going to be a big problem worldwide until it was obvious that it was.

Lockdowns IMO happened in New York because people were ignoring pleas for social distancing. It also was probably the only way they could keep people off of subways.
They could have shut them down at times, creating a partial lockdown. People not catching them and waiting them out would be told not to again.
There was no planning, none, it required full tilt stop because there was no coerced slowing.

I used to think the MSM just hated Trump which of course they do. I now however think they hate America and many if not most Americans. They no longer act in the best interests of our country. Unfortunately many people have been indoctrinated to believe that is a good thing for the world... sad

Reactions: OzzyLvr
What's your point. We guessed that SARS was going to come here and kick our ass. That was wrong. When you have a new strain of virus you're just guessing until you can collect enough data to make accurate predictions. We've got no way of knowing if this is going to have a seasonal ebb. IMO, part of the initial relatively low key level of concern with this one was in fact the way SARS disappeared on it's own. I don't think that Dr.s seriously thought this was going to be a big problem worldwide until it was obvious that it was.
But they too were novel, and their first time through is documented. Was it poorly done? You can't extrapolate that information ?
We used other models. We know seasonal effect is huge in effects.

Part of it is that while places like Washington state have maybe gotten over the hump, most places in the rest of the country (like Nebraska) are still on the wrong side of the curve. People need to stay on their toes in trailing geographical areas. My wife says that the CDC says our state may not peak until August.
I am just wondering where the wave will come from. The uber-contagious virus was likely here late 2019 and early 2020 (went through our house, my wife -preschool teacher- had at least 6 little ones with "pneumonia", and 2 hospitalized - very rare)... and we've been grounded for weeks and not out of our rooms, much. I've certainly been wrong before, but I don't know where the wave will come from. Will be 0% surprised if it never happens and quarantine/social distancing is credited, even though those started after-the fact. We'll see. Fool me once...

Reactions: OzzyLvr
So, Fauci doesn't care whether he's fired in disgrace? I'm sure those pols want to be reelected, money sure wasn't their call?
I think it was panic, and people like Fauci should have been ahead of it, to give better early advice.
Fauci said early on, this is like the flu, as did most, but other entities racheted up as well.

In march,early on, still racist calls on certain decisions, still like common flu to, we can't stop hard enough.
We watched italy be overcome, governors asked for more ventilators, they were told they werent needed, of course, they werent.
It's been a push in one direction, we need to get the economy started again? You're a heartless minster that only cares about money.
Were the advisers up to this? They wandered into that fire, they gave their advice, whats our leaders to do? Ignore them, face even greater heat?

All I can really say about the subject is that Trump has insisted he's one of the smartest presidents we've had and the people love him. They sent him with a mandate to take care of them, the Deep State be damned.

If he doesn't do what he thinks is necessary to keep America on the good path because some 80 year old deep stater is on his advisory panel and disagrees...that choice is on the Donald.

His supporters have continually droned on and on about the 4D chess the Donald is playing... and time and time again he's backtracked and just told Pelosi and McConnell to get together and give him something to sign.Then he does.

This is not a one time thing, its a pattern of behavior with the man. He wants to pretend he has more stones than he has.

He's gotten a little froggy with whether he thinks Fauci is right or not, or whether this path is the best concerning economic impacts and has led us to believe he's going to make a radical change in schedule. He backed off on Easter. He had this to say the other day.

"I think we will be sooner rather than later, but we'll be sitting down with the professionals, we'll be sitting down with many different people to make a determination, and those meetings will start taking place fairly soon," Trump said.

Trump insisted he wouldn't reopen the country until the professionals gave him the go-ahead.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/kudlow-economy-reopen

Trump is free to make whatever decision he wants, and he appears to be doubling down an letting his advisors drive that boat to a large degree despite recent rhetoric to the contrary. Edit: If that's how he wants to use his God given time as President, I'm not going to fault him that. But he will own the decisions that he makes.

Reactions: headcard
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT