ADVERTISEMENT

Covid 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have heard reports from other countries and now hearing reports from US. If someone comes in the hospital with injuries from a car crash. They do x rays of the chest, they are seeing symptoms in the lungs that that person has Corona virus. They test them and they test positive. Yet that person has zero physical symptoms or very minimal ,of Corona virus. If that person were to die from the injuries suffered from the accident. Their death would be classified as Corona virus related. I think there is a ton of this type of thing going on. The part we should be afraid of more than the virus is, why? Why are they desperately wanting to pad Corona virus numbers and deaths?
Going to have to call BS on this. Sounds like some conspiracy theory stuff to me.

92052762_10221510095333962_1657166681090293760_n.jpg

Read an interesting article yesterday about the cover-up in China. They've always claimed a death total of 3,000 or so. However, the buzz out of Wuhan suggests it was exponentially higher. One intelligence analysis of the number of people picking up cremation urns at the funeral homes in Wuhan estimates a death total of 42,000. Another intelligence analysis of the number of cremation ovens running 24/7 for several months estimates a death total of 48,000. That's just Wuhan, though. Elsewhere, who knows?

Reactions: TheBeav815

That show was kind of hit or miss, but when it hit that show left me in stitches. I actually remember a few specific lines and what was on the screen when they said 'em.

Reminds me of the Red Green show, most weren't that funny, but the one's that were made it worth watching and waiting for when the good ones cam around. Thanks for posting, I had not thought about that show in along time.

Minus the fact our hospitals aren't being overwhelmed like we thought (yes you can find one offs) Also, our healthcare system just isn't the response to Covid - 19. We have some of the best healthcare in the world to say anything different is comical. Yes, this Black Swan event showed us that we do have deficiencies, but to say we have a healthcare system in ruin is comical.

I do think it's safe to say the healthcare system in NYC is overwhelmed, though. Bodies stacked in refrigerator trucks and calling for healthcare volunteers nationwide is not a sustainable situation. Of course, if that never repeats anywhere else in the U.S., it will absolutely appear that we overreacted. However, if that plays out in multiple cities, it will look like we didn't do enough. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. The question is, which risk do you want to take?

Reactions: TheBeav815
Read an interesting article yesterday about the cover-up in China. They've always claimed a death total of 3,000 or so. However, the buzz out of Wuhan suggests it was exponentially higher. One intelligence analysis of the number of people picking up cremation urns at the funeral homes in Wuhan estimates a death total of 42,000. Another intelligence analysis of the number of cremation ovens running 24/7 for several months estimates a death total of 48,000. That's just Wuhan, though. Elsewhere, who knows?

China cannot be trusted. They have already paid dearly, but their inexcusable lies continue to cause widespread issues that will make all of us pay.
Now more than ever, we need "America First".

I do think it's safe to say the healthcare system in NYC is overwhelmed, though. Bodies stacked in refrigerator trucks and calling for healthcare volunteers nationwide is not a sustainable situation. Of course, if that never repeats anywhere else in the U.S., it will absolutely appear that we overreacted. However, if that plays out in multiple cities, it will look like we didn't do enough. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. The question is, which risk do you want to take?

Wasnt there a nationwide shortage of healthcare workers before this?

Reactions: bluenrg
Time to get back to work.

2 things:

1 - test everyone for antibodies right now. the longer we go without this step, the less I think people in charge care about getting this over with.

2 - give a bracelet or some kind of marker to all who've recovered so they can start to spread community ease instead of everyone wearing masks & continuing to freak out everywhere.

Reactions: NorthwoodHusker
Odds on it coming true?

Not an oddsmaker, I think that efforts have helped. I think we are nearing the peak in New York, I would imagine that we will be lower based on the lockdown efforts. I would guess we will see around 30-50K, it depends entirely on where we go from here and if we keep the hotspots locked down, come up with testing procedures for mass testing and do better at tracking/quarantining know infections.

Now are you an optimist or pessimist? Lower numbers can be marketed in 2 ways, way #1 is the measures were effective and a good thing. #2 is that it was all overblown and we shouldn’t have done anything.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
1) If things weren't shut down, it is going to be much more than 100k.
2) Which family members are you willing to sacrifice to keep the economy going as was?

If we stay at home for the rest of our lives nobody will ever die outside doing anything like driving a car or walking across the street only to get hit by a bus and no more skydiving deaths either not to mention people who go on vacations and die doing something dangerous or not so dangerous like flying......if I decide to leave my house anyway, and so do you, does that mean we're accepting a risk on some level that we might not come back home, and don't we do it anyway? This virus has less than a 1% death rate...it isn't worth ruining our economy for.

Not an oddsmaker, I think that efforts have helped. I think we are nearing the peak in New York, I would imagine that we will be lower based on the lockdown efforts. I would guess we will see around 30-50K, it depends entirely on where we go from here and if we keep the hotspots locked down, come up with testing procedures for mass testing and do better at tracking/quarantining know infections.

Now are you an optimist or pessimist? Lower numbers can be marketed in 2 ways, way #1 is the measures were effective and a good thing. #2 is that it was all overblown and we shouldn’t have done anything.
Wouldn't you need to add in deaths that can be directly and indirectly attributed to the economic, social and political fallout from the lockdown efforts as they reverberate for the next 5 to 10 years, before you can draw a conclusion? I would assume someone attempted to model expected deaths due to famine, exposure, crime and social unrest as a result of these efforts, although I doubt they will be made public.

Yep, it doesn't kill the virus, yep,it sure doesnt.
Nevermind it helps the body kill the virus, since is a friggin novel virus, you wouldn't expect it to kill the virus.

But anything that strengthens you to fight the virus? Well, not one of those deceptive 'truths' mention this.
I guess people need to be deceived, these guys are doing a great job.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Well, I don't have stats or anything, just wanted to share that a coworker of mine was apparently diagnosed with COVID. Has been off since Wednesday and we just were told today, don't know when they were actually tested. They aren't releasing "who" it is, but we all put 2 and 2 together when someone all of the sudden had a bunch of days off and then we were warned of potential exposure.

I work in a juvenile detention home, so very close quarters and stuff spreads like wildfire. Chances are if I hadn't already been exposed, I have now. Honestly, though, I don't think this person is the first to have it at work.

Another coworker was out for almost a week early in the ordeal with COVID-like symptoms, and then another person shortly after. Neither qualified to be tested, though. Not long after, my 2 year old son came down with a 103.1 fever and bad cough (called the ER, was surprisingly told not to bring him even with a fever that high unless he couldn't breathe, he has asthma as well). Around that time (2 weeks ago), I was working midnights with the person who is likely my infected coworker.

Given all that, I very well could be (or was at this point, given the time that's passed) an asymptomatic carrier. Thankfully even if that is the case, we've followed diatancing guidelines and I haven't been around anyone except coworkers and my wife and son outside of a grocery trip or two during which I also maintained distances.
As I said, in about two weeks, we're all about to be tested. Millions a day

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Wouldn't you need to add in deaths that can be directly and indirectly attributed to the economic, social and political fallout from the lockdown efforts as they reverberate for the next 5 to 10 years, before you can draw a conclusion? I would assume someone attempted to model expected deaths due to famine, exposure, crime and social unrest as a result of these efforts, although I doubt they will be made public.

Have those things happened? Obviously those are taken into account. But software and models are just that.

Have those things happened? Obviously those are taken into account. But software and models are just that.
I'm not sure if those things have happened. I think I saw where there were some reports of suicides and murders that may have been tied to job layoffs. But what I'm saying is that if you are asking someone to determine if the lockdown efforts are effective, they would need to consider the totality of the effect of those efforts. I haven't been able to find any estimates of the long term effects of those efforts as measured in lives, but would find it useful in determining if the lockdown is worth the risk.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Not a doctor, but I have seen a ton of reports that lots of elderly who die are getting listed as dying from the coronavirus. It may be a negligible part of what caused them to pass, but it still goes on the statistics. They may be missing some of the other way as well. Clearly both sides have an agenda.

How do you know that?

He just knows. He's a planner, but cant really do math, but he plans things.

So. We all just have to stay inside until he says it's ok to come out.

It's the only way that we can survive. Except over 99% of us would no matter the mitigation steps.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT