ADVERTISEMENT

Covid 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
just stop. 99.99% of the CDC's staff stayed on board when Trump was elected. There's been a playbook in place. The issue is that this virus didn't behave like the SARs virus did. MANY people thought/hoped this one would peter out like SARS did virtually all on it's own. To take some of the actions the arm chair Monday morning QBs think we should have done earlier would have been met with open revolt. IF anybody should have done something it was cities should have shut down their mass transit, bars and restaurants much earlier than they did. Cuomo has nobody to blame but himself. My wife is a pulmonologist who will be running your vent if you get sick in our town. She really didn't think this was going to be that big of a deal until things hit the fan in Washington state. Second guessing and blaming the other guy is disgusting IMO. And yes she's seen COVID-19 patients.

The idea that bars and restaurants should be shut down, but Target, Walmart, grocery stores etc are fine to stay open is ridiculous.

I know that's not what you're saying, but it's just silly that the govt has chosen these as their main staple in fighting the virus spread.

Let me try a different approach. I assume everyone on the board is open to a post-mortem analysis of the steps we took to understand if we could have done something better/more effective. We need to learn from this because we know a second wave is likely in the winter and also just to be more prepared should another pandemic come along.

Fair request?

I am most curious to learn more about the availability of massive testing and what difference that could have made.

Let me try a different approach. I assume everyone on the board is open to a post-mortem analysis of the steps we took to understand if we could have done something better/more effective. We need to learn from this because we know a second wave is likely in the winter and also just to be more prepared should another pandemic come along.

Fair request?

I am most curious to learn more about the availability of massive testing and what difference that could have made.

We better learn from this, otherwise we have f'd up royally. I think most of the world needs to open their eyes to the threat that China is. Hopefully the world comes together and puts a ton of pressure on these F$&#ers going forward.

We better learn from this, otherwise we have f'd up royally. I think most of the world needs to open their eyes to the threat that China is. Hopefully the world comes together and puts a ton of pressure on these F$&#ers going forward.
Can’t we hold China responsible for a lack of transparency AND ALSO examine our own handling of this on our turf?

My mother-in-law has hallmark symptoms of Covid19: high fever, chest pain, difficulty breathing, and extreme fatigue. She lives in an area with many confirmed cases. She can't get tested, though, because they're out of tests. WTF, I thought anyone who wanted a test was supposed to be able to get one.

Really what good would a test do? Who cares if it's this virus or something else, just get her treated.

Can’t we hold China responsible for a lack of transparency AND ALSO examine our own handling of this on our turf?

Isn't that what I said? I 100% agree with you that we need to learn from this and then act on all of our findings here in the US. Taking politics out of it there are failures all over the place and we definitely need to turn things around.

ALso, F$^% Chy Nuh... Most of the people are fine people, but their leaders can eat a bag of dicks.

Isn't that what I said? I 100% agree with you that we need to learn from this and then act on all of our findings here in the US. Taking politics out of it there are failures all over the place and we definitely need to turn things around.

ALso, F$^% Chy Nuh... Most of the people are fine people, but their leaders can eat a bag of dicks.
Sorry if I misinterpreted. I thought maybe you were suggesting that we just needed to investigate China only. Glad we are on the same page.

Reactions: leodisflowers
No, not the same thing. This was like we did it, in the fact china didn't allow us in, nor shared ealy data.
So, it was like we started from scratch.
Now, we can't still compare how we fared against china, because their numbers are bull.

As to being ready, we will be,full production in PPEs,plus stock buildup, plus likely a therapeutic and or propylactic drug or treatments to cut back people from going over the top and being intubated.

I read an article today about 70% of those hospitalized in the US have at least 1 underlying health condition. I know it has been stated on here, but the US needs to begin getting healthier on the whole. We are a fat country and a lot of our problems have to do with how unhealthy we are.
What we need to know is, what conditions, and what stage of those conditions.

Reactions: leodisflowers
This thing may be more contagious very early in its cycle. Therefore, early detection leads to isolation of sick leads to lower #’s infected.
The way the so koreans did it was, everywhere there were people with scan thermometers,checking for fever, if fever was seen, it led to testing, that led to immediate track back for any contact.
Keep in mind, almost everyone wore masks, other protections like constant cleaning of say, escalator rails, dividers when eating,with social distancing.

Many asian societies wear masks, learn not to touch their faces etc. Before this, go to any large city, you see the masks being worn.

So, thats best model, keeping society relatively running, with some shutdown in known businesses or buildings for cleaning, check often, test ,back check contacts, rinse and repeat.
Their treatments aren't better,their cares arent better, but their society itself is better equipped.

Reactions: Lincoln100
I read an article today about 70% of those hospitalized in the US have at least 1 underlying health condition. I know it has been stated on here, but the US needs to begin getting healthier on the whole. We are a fat country and a lot of our problems have to do with how unhealthy we are.

I know, shocker, when unhealthy people get sick they have more problems. I think almost all the dead have other comorbidities. At least some articles have already mentioned many of the dead are dying WITH the coronavirus, not FROM, the coronavirus.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
1. It isn't fair to treat America like South Korea or France or the UK. If you looked at the numbers from Yesterday all of Western Europe had 25000 cases, and America had 25000 cases. America is effectively a unified continent which isn't found anywhere else outside of sparsely populated Australia.
2. The reason Americans are so sick on a normal day is our addiction to personal freedom. We want to feel good(opiates and alcohol), we want our food to taste good(fast food), and we don't want to seem like we care(lack of vegetables and exercise). This applies to this crisis as well, nobody wears a mask...people want to be free to go to home depot and gather with family..then they get sick and immediately run to emergency room to get saved.
3. The real danger from Trump is the fact the government has effectively nationalized the banking industry behind our backs using deficits as collateral...the deficits are offset by future taxes that will hammer the middle and lower classes. He gave 500 billion in LOANS to small businesses but 450 billion to corporations as MISC, straight handouts. Trump is artificially propping up the economy and has been since September of last year...
4. Society is broken into two groups: Kings and Peasants...one extreme inflationary period and the whole lot of us will become peasants. That is the real danger from this situation. They are pumping the economy with artificial wealth but if real growth and development stalls or stays stalled then inflation will kill our savings.

1. It isn't fair to treat America like South Korea or France or the UK. If you looked at the numbers from Yesterday all of Western Europe had 25000 cases, and America had 25000 cases. America is effectively a unified continent which isn't found anywhere else outside of sparsely populated Australia.
2. The reason Americans are so sick on a normal day is our addiction to personal freedom. We want to feel good(opiates and alcohol), we want our food to taste good(fast food), and we don't want to seem like we care(lack of vegetables and exercise). This applies to this crisis as well, nobody wears a mask...people want to be free to go to home depot and gather with family..then they get sick and immediately run to emergency room to get saved.
3. The real danger from Trump is the fact the government has effectively nationalized the banking industry behind our backs using deficits as collateral...the deficits are offset by future taxes that will hammer the middle and lower classes. He gave 500 billion in LOANS to small businesses but 450 billion to corporations as MISC, straight handouts. Trump is artificially propping up the economy and has been since September of last year...
4. Society is broken into two groups: Kings and Peasants...one extreme inflationary period and the whole lot of us will become peasants. That is the real danger from this situation. They are pumping the economy with artificial wealth but if real growth and development stalls or stays stalled then inflation will kill our savings.
That’s a lot to digest. So are you open to a post-mortem analysis when it’s all said and done or nah?

Because almost no one here is acknowledging 10x+ have it as have been reported as confirmed cases.

Even with that in most areas 85-95% of tests come back negative.
I think a lot of those come back negative because the virus has already run its course in those people.

Test for antibodies in every citizen NOW instead of continuing to think this virus is painting on a blank canvas.

it's the only way to understand the actual threat, instead of throwing out death prediction numbers that change every 5 minutes.

And the berserkers go beserker

The outspoken actor often uses his social media presence to criticize Trump as well as to advocate for the candidacy of 2020 Democratic presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders. On Tuesday, the 53-year-old took to Twitter to call for worker strikes amid the ongoing crisis, for the use of the 25th Amendment and for another impeachmentprocedure to remove Trump from office in order to “save lives.”

“We need strikes / and we need to remove trump from power to save lives Impeach him again / Pressure for 25th,” he wrote.
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...peachment-worker-strikes-coronavirus-pandemic
He didn't specify if those strikes were to be at fiddle factories

our addiction to personal freedom
You seem to view personal freedom and liberties with contempt and view them as a weakness. Those liberties we enjoy, were bought and secured by the myriad of people that came before us. To carelessly cast aside these freedoms and dismiss as an unnecessary inconvenience, is a slap in the face to those men and women that gave their lives for the cause. I, for one, am glad that our governments are taking pause when considering drastic measures that infringe on those liberties. It says to me, that at least on the surface, they consider the implications of those type of actions and take them seriously.

You seem to view personal freedom and liberties with contempt and view them as a weakness. Those liberties we enjoy, were bought and secured by the myriad of people that came before us. To carelessly cast aside these freedoms and dismiss as an unnecessary inconvenience, is a slap in the face to those men and women that gave their lives for the cause. I, for one, am glad that our governments are taking pause when considering drastic measures that infringe on those liberties. It says to me, that at least on the surface, they consider the implications of those type of actions and take them seriously.
personal freedom and liberty also allow for the innovation that will eventually lead to a vaccine for the world, just like with every previous pandemic.

I couldn't agree more. views like that make me ashamed.

And the berserkers go beserker

The outspoken actor often uses his social media presence to criticize Trump as well as to advocate for the candidacy of 2020 Democratic presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders. On Tuesday, the 53-year-old took to Twitter to call for worker strikes amid the ongoing crisis, for the use of the 25th Amendment and for another impeachmentprocedure to remove Trump from office in order to “save lives.”

“We need strikes / and we need to remove trump from power to save lives Impeach him again / Pressure for 25th,” he wrote.
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...peachment-worker-strikes-coronavirus-pandemic
He didn't specify if those strikes were to be at fiddle factories

Edit...John is a whack job, but his movie Grosse Point Blank is one of my all time faves.

Last edited:
Don't know if this was posted before but I heard Covid travels up to 27 feet. CDC might be recommending masks.

Apologies if this is repeat information

Reactions: headcard
https://www.blackenterprise.com/china-declares-victory-over-coronavirus-reopens-wet-markets/
CHINA REOPENS WET MARKETS, THE SUSPECTED CAUSE OF COVID-19-COVID 20 COMING SOON......

iStock-1063203166-1080x675.jpg

Last edited:
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethb...-the-wuhan-coronavirus-have-reopened-n2566025 The start of the Wuhan coronavirus has been traced back to a wet market in Wuhan, China, where exotic mammals in unsanitary conditions are bought and traded for consumption. And, despite what we know about the start of this virus, China has allowed wet markets to reopen, The Daily Mail reported. Even worse, there are no apparent attempts to raise hygiene standards to prevent another virus from emerging.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT