ADVERTISEMENT

Covid 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok we get it you hate all republican and trump!! I sure some could post stuff about lord Obama that wasn’t flattering.
I have zero issues with Republicans...zero...Obama had MANY shortcomings and failures too. I would have voted for Kasich in 16 if given the choice, instead I had to go with Theo Epstein as my write in vote. The D or R means nothing to me.

Ok we get it you hate all republican and trump!! I sure some could post stuff about lord Obama that wasn’t flattering.
But what does that have to do with the current situation with the corona virus and the way the US has handled it?

The source is Pompeo....any supplies should be focused on Americans
Your source is a tweet from "Uncle Blazer?". That's Pompeo? Meanwhile the media was whining that we should be doing more to help other countries.... Damned if we do. Damned if we don't. You've turned every thread in to a political pissing match. The volume of emergency supplies sent was laughable. It was a goodwill gesture that amounted to squat.

Your source is a tweet from "Uncle Blazer?". That's Pompeo? Meanwhile the media was whining that we should be doing more to help other countries.... Damned if we do. Damned if we don't. You've turned every thread in to a political pissing match.
The video LITERALLY says at the bottom Secretary Pompeo.

Your source is a tweet from "Uncle Blazer?". That's Pompeo? Meanwhile the media was whining that we should be doing more to help other countries.... Damned if we do. Damned if we don't. You've turned every thread in to a political pissing match. The volume of emergency supplies sent was laughable. It was a goodwill gesture that amounted to squat.

State.gov
This week the State Department has facilitated the transportation of nearly 17.8 tons of donated medical supplies to the Chinese people, including masks, gowns, gauze, respirators, and other vital materials. These donations are a testament to the generosity of the American people.

So what. I can post a video and put Pomeo at the bottom of it too. Even IF it did come from him, my points are valid. It was a goodwill gesture that wasn't a drop in a bucket of the supplies we've needed.
I really dont think you would be able to manage that .......happy?

So what. I can post a video and put Pomeo at the bottom of it too. Even IF it did come from him, my points are valid. It was a goodwill gesture that wasn't a drop in a bucket of the supplies we've needed.
Yes, it's a goodwill gesture. But we are now asking car manufacturers to build respirators. Every respirator sent to China is potentially one (or more) more American that could be denied access to one. We knew in February there was a pandemic on the horizon. It was a terrible decision to send a single respirator...unless the Chinese are planning to reciprocate. But I think the consensus here is not to trust China.

Reactions: tarheelhusker
State.gov
This week the State Department has facilitated the transportation of nearly 17.8 tons of donated medical supplies to the Chinese people, including masks, gowns, gauze, respirators, and other vital materials. These donations are a testament to the generosity of the American people.
Fine. That one I'll believe. At the time, what were the media and democrats saying about us sending that humanitarian aid? What would they have said if we had done nothing to try to help? We can all second guess actions by our government in hindsight when in FACT most of us would have taken the same actions if in their position. IMO, the kind of political gamesmanship being played to take advantage of a bad situation is despicable. Searching out every potentially negative story at a time like this doesn't help anybody.

Fine. That one I'll believe. At the time, what were the media and democrats saying about us sending that humanitarian aid? What would they have said if we had done nothing to try to help? We can all second guess actions by our government in hindsight when in FACT most of us would have taken the same actions if in their position. IMO, the kind of political gamesmanship being played to take advantage of a bad situation is despicable. Searching out every potentially negative story at a time like this doesn't help anybody.
I believe the democratic were hell bent on impeachment. That’s what they were doing. Like someone said it’s nobody’s fault. Yes a lot of things could have been done better. But the ole saying hindsight is 20/20

I really dont think you would be able to manage that .......happy?

You're right. I don't use Twitter. I don't post videos or pictures either. The point was that anybody can tweet misleading information and there are hundreds of cases where false or misleading information has been "shared" on Twitter and Facebook by people on both sides of this deal. I've seen multiple times where the national media has run with information gleaned from tweets criticizing the administration's response that have turned out to be blatantly false. Twitter is the last place I would look for accurate reporting. Reuters is my go to source. At least they'll admit an error and issue a correction. It's a novel idea. Actual journalism.

Reactions: leodisflowers
You're right. I don't use Twitter. I don't post videos or pictures either. The point was that anybody can tweet misleading information and there are hundreds of cases where false or misleading information has been "shared" on Twitter and Facebook by people on both sides of this deal. I've seen multiple times where the national media has run with information gleaned from tweets criticizing the administration's response that have turned out to be blatantly false. Twitter is the last place I would look for accurate reporting. Reuters is my go to source. At least they'll admit an error and issue a correction. It's a novel idea. Actual journalism.
Thats fair

Reactions: dinglefritz
You mean a flying rat. But I’ve read articles about Vietnam pows eating all sorts of disgusting things just to survive. If people want to look into this in a conspiracy theory, has anyone ever thought this is actually a biological weapon creating by the Chinese government? You can’t trust a communist. I just put it out for thought

It wasn't disgusting.... Better than squirrel, rabbit, pheasant to my taste buds (and I like those). And besides, they were eating my bananas, papaya, and mangoes!

0fa51734eaaa4502d37a71bb273fde3f.jpg

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan

I use twitter to get all my news (including Reuters)..... You might be surprised how you can utilize it as your one spot shop to organize all of your diverse interests! https://twitter.com/Reuters

Reactions: headcard
It wasn't disgusting.... Better than squirrel, rabbit, pheasant to my taste buds (and I like those). And besides, they were eating my bananas, papaya, and mangoes!

I take it you didn't eat them when they were still flapping?

I've been hard on Trump but I believe the real blame for this goes on the WHO. It is my belief that a Pandemic announcement puts all sorts of options on the table for local, state, and federal entities. There are pandemic plans but I believe that a pandemic has to be identified globally for those to be put in place. The WHO resisted calling it a pandemic for a whole week while most professionals stated it was already a pandemic. They did this because of the economic impacts. The moment they designated pandemic lockdowns became a possibility and flashed across the globe. They should have called pandemic when the first community spread cases were identified outside of China...nearly 30 nations had cases in the middle of February. We lost at least one week when the data was clear...this would impact every nation on earth...the virus attacks a large and vulnerable portion of the human population, and the critical rates are very high. The key addage with pandemics:

"Foresight always seems like you are doing too much, hindsight you never did enough".
If we have to place blame, that is their only reason for existence, and they failed.
We need to change and do better, but that wont change where we're currently at.

How was it cooked? Grilled or fried? What seasoning did they use? I’ll try a lot of different things I don’t know about a bat. You know Dave R from Alex he’d probably try it since he’s ate opossum

Blaming the countries hit the hardest and not WHO/China is akin to blaming a WR and not the QB for the WR not laying out and catching an errant pass (and getting lit up in the process)

How was it cooked? Grilled or fried? What seasoning did they use? I’ll try a lot of different things I don’t know about a bat. You know Dave R from Alex he’d probably try it since he’s ate opossum

Fried mostly..... With coconut milk, rice, curry, birdseye red peppers, and greens from the garden..... With some baked Kumara or Cassava (like sweet potato and regular potato respectively) and you got yourself a feast!

And Dave R would eat just about any road kill!

Yes, it's a goodwill gesture. But we are now asking car manufacturers to build respirators. Every respirator sent to China is potentially one (or more) more American that could be denied access to one. We knew in February there was a pandemic on the horizon. It was a terrible decision to send a single respirator...unless the Chinese are planning to reciprocate. But I think the consensus here is not to trust China.
I'll go with what Dr Birx said, we have no evidence of that. Iget what you're saying, and no ones more pissed than me at the chinese leadership, not its people, they aren't the ones with guns over there.

But we need to keep our humanity. We need not panic.

Fried mostly..... With coconut milk, rice, curry, birdseye red peppers, and greens from the garden..... With some baked Kumara or Cassava (like sweet potato and regular potato respectively) and you got yourself a feast!
Did you the membranes into a sort of bat "pork' rinds?

Cuomo out here crushing Santa
Popularity contests as the world burns.
He needs to take care of his leading state of infection, just like every other leader.
The trophies are in the back, way back, they'll maybe handed out later, words mean nothing once the ball is snapped, the game is started, he needs to move the ball like the rest.

It is the young - many with the attitude of - “meh - it’s just the flu” who are spreading this

the virus is clever in that it is using the demographic with the most idiots to spread the infection to the most vulnerable

Blaming the countries hit the hardest and not WHO/China is akin to blaming a WR and not the QB for the WR not laying out and catching an errant pass (and getting lit up in the process)
WR always has to lay out, if need be, that’s their job.

It is the young - many with the attitude of - “meh - it’s just the flu” who are spreading this

the virus is clever in that it is using the demographic with the most idiots to spread the infection to the most vulnerable

Understand, those age groups are also keeping everyone alive, putting themselves at risk in disproportionate numbers too.
I'm not that young, but it's them bringing home the bacon too,for all of us.

Add in the idiots, and I can see a easy spike.

245K deaths over the entire year? Wow they're giving themselves quite a lot of room.

So now curve flattening isn't going to save people?

Then wtf did we kill the economy for?
England switched to flattening the curve. This sounds political, and history will condemn huge wrong moves.

245K deaths over the entire year? Wow they're giving themselves quite a lot of room.

So now curve flattening isn't going to save people?

Then wtf did we kill the economy for?

flattening the curve isn't about reducing the infections - it is to space them out so things like cardiac surgeries, neurosurgery, trauma care can continue to be delivered at a high level

none of the collateral deaths are figured in these numbers - a cardiac surgery patient with a 10% mortality is cancelled and dies because the hospital is overrun trying to care for patients with a 60% predicted mortality

Reactions: dinglefritz
flattening the curve isn't about reducing the infections - it is to space them out so things like cardiac surgeries, neurosurgery, trauma care can continue to be delivered at a high level

none of the collateral deaths are figured in these numbers - a cardiac surgery patient with a 10% mortality is cancelled and dies because the hospital is overrun trying to care for patients with a 60% predicted mortality

So people who were going to die, are still going to die. Got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT