ADVERTISEMENT

Covid 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the intel thing, just like the fbi agents reporting on the saudis not wanting to learn to land in flight training,which they paid good money for, info from china has to have other sources as well, and often too late, or, you can't react too early either. You can't show your hand, but is the hand strong enough to just say screw it.

This isn't a blame game, a path of no return,no reward.

Ok. You are James bond?

Ok. You are James bond?
Lol
It's common sense.
But, do you or anyone have solid numbers on people on ventilators vs known infections?
I thought I'd do a projection, and if theres links, see if those early links are aligning with current ones etc.

I've a feeling these numbers may be hard to find,or clarify, ss it points to our inadequacies.

Ok. You are James bond?
It can be understood.
If an agent is on top of a situation, the sooner it comes to light, the fewer people in the know.
One of those people is a source, low numbers, lost source.

Much like the virus, getting patient zero allows a track back to stop it, but only if its early in the process

Lol
It's common sense.
But, do you or anyone have solid numbers on people on ventilators vs known infections?
I thought I'd do a projection, and if theres links, see if those early links are aligning with current ones etc.

I've a feeling these numbers may be hard to find,or clarify, ss it points to our inadequacies.

My wife knows some folks at Johns Hopkins that would know but even if I asked I wouldn't be at liberty to blast it out on the internet.

Personally I'm not in to the whole number crunching thing surrounding covid. I'll let the fine folks at Hopkins do that.

I'm pretty much just waiting to see how the Easter resurrection goes with probably 40% of the states on local lock down. Unless Trump blows up on the media/governor's or goes way off script between now and then that's the next major turning point for me.

Reactions: NorthwoodHusker
Spring Breakers tracked
Awesome...in the awe inspiring bad way. Interesting thing about 1918 influenza...Lincoln got hammered the same month as the east coast, who happened to be the hardest hit in america...effectively the hot zone. So that virus moved very quickly, likely on war bonds trains...this virus appears to be moving much slower and has at least given us a chance. October 1918 Lincoln already had 225 deaths per 100k people...a 400% increase over normal mortality for that month. The virus hit the coast in the last weeks of September.

And it’s a super challenging situation and many western countries have underperformed. I just think that given our resources it’s fair to feel disappointed with where we are at right now.

I've been hard on Trump but I believe the real blame for this goes on the WHO. It is my belief that a Pandemic announcement puts all sorts of options on the table for local, state, and federal entities. There are pandemic plans but I believe that a pandemic has to be identified globally for those to be put in place. The WHO resisted calling it a pandemic for a whole week while most professionals stated it was already a pandemic. They did this because of the economic impacts. The moment they designated pandemic lockdowns became a possibility and flashed across the globe. They should have called pandemic when the first community spread cases were identified outside of China...nearly 30 nations had cases in the middle of February. We lost at least one week when the data was clear...this would impact every nation on earth...the virus attacks a large and vulnerable portion of the human population, and the critical rates are very high. The key addage with pandemics:

"Foresight always seems like you are doing too much, hindsight you never did enough".

The Norfolk Daily News is reporting that a man in his 70s has tested positive for the virus. He lives at an assisted living / rehab place. Hope it doesn't spread to the other residents. Be safe everyone!

What, you couldn't find anything from AOC, so you found the next best thing? You just keep googling "I hate trump posts" and putting them up here; your credibility is pretty much in the crapper so don't hold back. Former Clinton lackey and now Obama boy.
Source (THE WASHINGTON POST) doesn't make the information any less true... It's just a Twitter feed no searching needed. So address the substance or sit this one out. A little more AOC in my life wouldn't be so bad. She is not hard on the eyes... Just the ears sometimes

Last edited:
Reactions: headcard
the thing about a virus is it doesn't look at politics or travel habits. it just does what it does. it spreads from people to people. it's a seems like if you really want to stop it , you would have to lockdown for 30 days to make sure. or you can roll the dice and hope not a lot of folks get infected

I've been hard on Trump but I believe the real blame for this goes on the WHO. It is my belief that a Pandemic announcement puts all sorts of options on the table for local, state, and federal entities. There are pandemic plans but I believe that a pandemic has to be identified globally for those to be put in place. The WHO resisted calling it a pandemic for a whole week while most professionals stated it was already a pandemic. They did this because of the economic impacts. The moment they designated pandemic lockdowns became a possibility and flashed across the globe. They should have called pandemic when the first community spread cases were identified outside of China...nearly 30 nations had cases in the middle of February. We lost at least one week when the data was clear...this would impact every nation on earth...the virus attacks a large and vulnerable portion of the human population, and the critical rates are very high. The key addage with pandemics:

"Foresight always seems like you are doing too much, hindsight you never did enough".

I think a wuhan lab working with human and bat cells is to blame, my second choice is bat eaten, because bat eating has went on a long time before this. if any country could lock down their borders it's china.they failed there. but we failed locking down ours. of course if trump gets yelled at for stoping ms-13 member with herion. there was no way he was gonna stop this virus that could be on anyone. This could be a plauge from above for how messed up a lot of folks are.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
lick all the door knobs you want but sacrifice for the greater good isnt asking too much

You can tell that to the people maxing out their credit cards, falling behind on their rent and utilities, and out of work with no way to make it up.

You can tell that to the people maxing out their credit cards, falling behind on their rent and utilities, and out of work with no way to make it up.

Personal responsibility is the Republican motto I hear so often. It takes a crisis and some middle class people impacted for them to come around I guess? Where are our corporate overlords? They’re getting bailouts, slashing jobs and salaries while having their stock prices saved by the Government

Maybe we should drug test bailout recipients before they get their check? Maybe we should criticize them if they drive a car that looks a little too nice. Maybe we should rage about how their choices put them in the trouble they’re in today and it’s not our problem to solve.

Giuliani not doing Trump any favors on Fox. Basically saying the local official need to take the heat so Trump is in the right frame of mind to help them out.

Former student of mine was teaching in Madrid since last September. She was obviously on lockdown to the point where if they stepped outside they could face a fine. Anyway her teaching job ended last week so she was required to leave the country. Flew Madrid to LAX. Upon getting to LAX no special screening, temp check, nothing. Just go through customs, get your bags and be on your way. This is a little concerning. I know airports are stretched pretty thin right now but I would think incoming citizens from pretty much anywhere should face at least a little more scrutiny upon arrival.
We have the most cases of any country in the U.S. now and there have been cases in just about every county in the U.S. with community spread in every state. I don't think airport screening is really all that helpful at this point. My niece was told to self quarantine for 14 days when she got home from Europe. I am positive your former student was told to do the same if she paid attention.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
I mean no one is really killing it and there's articles at the local level where local officials are begging for national, unified response. There were a couple out of Texas today I believe. There's also an article talking about how states are banding together in regions (ND/SD/MN/Wisc) to coordinate restrictions because the federal response has been nada.
I contend that a national mandated response would be a HORRIBLE idea. Each region/municipality has it's won unique set of circumstances that IMO would make federally mandated rules a disaster. People are doing what they need to do in my experience. We don't need the federal government making sweeping orders that don't fit local circumstances. MOST of the people wanting more federal control and bitching about not enough direction are not exactly red states. They get direction EVERY day from the CDC. It's up to them to enact the recommendations that fit their circumstances.

I contend that a national mandated response would be a HORRIBLE idea. Each region/municipality has it's won unique set of circumstances that IMO would make federally mandated rules a disaster. People are doing what they need to do in my experience. We don't need the federal government making sweeping orders that don't fit local circumstances. MOST of the people wanting more federal control and bitching about not enough direction are not exactly red states. They get direction EVERY day from the CDC. It's up to them to enact the recommendations that fit their circumstances.

That's true. Texas has been blue a long time.

I don't think anyone is really calling for a Nationwide lockdown from the local level. They get that this thing varies.

But they realize that interstate travel is a thing they don't control beyond their borders. Looking to the Fed for oversight. It's good that the governor's are banding together but it seems they would prefer a unified chain of command

ChiNA! didn't hide the severity. Their data may not be complete but it is consistent with what we have seen. 80/15/5/2. Trump has no understanding of science, didn't even know the flu killed that many people including his grandfather. The people who voted for him do not care if he knows anything about science, in fact I think he loses the election if he touted science knowledge. But the consequence of having an ignorant and resistant president, albeit a master politician who can be quite charming is thousands, maybe a million lives. We choose our presidents almost solely on how exciting they are compared to other one. The boring one never wins. I really hope this doesn't become what it could become...70 million people over the age of 60...25% infection rate...15% critical care...5-7% death rate...we are looking at a million dead just from that demographic. The one disadvantage we have is Korea, Italy, Spain, Wuhan were one single region...we have at least 5-7 separate epidemics going and no plan to quarantine them.
China hid what was going on AND the severity for over a month hoping I'm sure that it would fade away like SARS. That approach most definitely sped this thing up but no doubt this was coming regardless.

I don't think anyone is really calling for a Nationwide lockdown from the local level. They get that this thing varies.

But they realize that interstate travel is a thing they don't control beyond their borders. Looking to the Fed for oversight. It's good that the governor's are banding together but it seems they would prefer a unified chain of command
Interstate travel isn't the problem anymore.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and bluenrg
I think a wuhan lab working with human and bat cells is to blame, my second choice is bat eaten, because bat eating has went on a long time before this. if any country could lock down their borders it's china.they failed there. but we failed locking down ours. of course if trump gets yelled at for stoping ms-13 member with herion. there was no way he was gonna stop this virus that could be on anyone. This could be a plauge from above for how messed up a lot of folks are.

I can attest to bat being damn tasty.... I ate two or three a week for two years while I was in the Solomon Islands. Bigger than averaged sized chickens and all dark meat! Yum! (flying foxes/fruit bats)

Here is what she sent me

They weren’t that strict in Madrid since all the people boarding the plane were Americans trying to return back home. No testing of any sort. The only thing they did was use a 300 people plane for 60 people to space everyone out
I have no doubt that they were told to self isolate. The question is whether or not she was paying attention. Just like with the airline safety talk that happens for every flight before they take off, many people leave their earbuds in and ignore it.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and bluenrg
I doubt anyone knew at the time what the WHO and China were covering up. By the time countries knew that it was gonna be bad, it was too late. China sending defective masks and tests didn't help either.

I hope after this ends and we finish building medical supply infrastructure whoever the President is pulls a “Thanos” on China- im most upset with China and the WHO. #Chinadidthis

I can attest to bat being damn tasty.... I ate two or three a week for two years while I was in the Solomon Islands. Bigger than averaged sized chickens and all dark meat! Yum! (flying foxes/fruit bats)
You mean a flying rat. But I’ve read articles about Vietnam pows eating all sorts of disgusting things just to survive. If people want to look into this in a conspiracy theory, has anyone ever thought this is actually a biological weapon creating by the Chinese government? You can’t trust a communist. I just put it out for thought

Reactions: tarheelhusker
The Norfolk Daily News is reporting that a man in his 70s has tested positive for the virus. He lives at an assisted living / rehab place. Hope it doesn't spread to the other residents. Be safe everyone!
Yikes. I'm sure it already has.

We have the most cases of any country in the U.S. now and there have been cases in just about every county in the U.S. with community spread in every state. I don't think airport screening is really all that helpful at this point. My niece was told to self quarantine for 14 days when she got home from Europe. I am positive your former student was told to do the same if she paid attention.

yea I totally believe that stat, China would never be dishonest in reporting number of cases....

My wife knows some folks at Johns Hopkins that would know but even if I asked I wouldn't be at liberty to blast it out on the internet.

Personally I'm not in to the whole number crunching thing surrounding covid. I'll let the fine folks at Hopkins do that.

I'm pretty much just waiting to see how the Easter resurrection goes with probably 40% of the states on local lock down. Unless Trump blows up on the media/governor's or goes way off script between now and then that's the next major turning point for me.
When you look at the statistics from all sources I can find, there is no way you can justify the number of ventilators New York for instance requested. On top of that, there's NO way in hell they could manage that many ventilators. They don't have the staff to do that. Nobody does. This isn't like hooking up an aquarium bubbler. The CPAP machine option in reality is the best idea I've seen. A trained monkey can use one of them and it doesn't require intubation. They're relatively cheap and available as well and might supply enough help without having to drug the patient to hook them to a ventilator.

STAFFING and ICU space were the 2 reasons I was screaming about this virus 3-4 weeks ago. Yeah we needed some more ventilators but it's like they figure if they demand 5 times as many as they'll use, they think they'll get what they actually need. The number of patients actually on ventilators isn't supportive of the narrative that the administration is failing to supply what states need. So the media isn't reporting it. Forget that it isn't the federal government's job. It has always been up to private entities to determine that along with state oversight.

When the F### did it become the federal government's job to supply medical supplies????? Don't be so stupid. I don't care if this was Obama, the federal government is incapable of supplying medical needs to hospitals!!!! It's a private sector deal. PERIOD. Just stop.
Then this is a REALLY bad look then

First your "sources" lack credibility. Second, look at the numbers of things sent over. It amounts to the supplies from one Doc In A Box walk in clinic. You're non-stop politicizing of this deal is disgusting.
The source is Pompeo....any supplies should be focused on Americans

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT