ADVERTISEMENT

Covid 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local / State governments are going to need to do a better job clarifying these "Shelter in Place" guidelines. It seems like a recommendation, yet they are enforcing by fines? Not sure that is legal, but I could be wrong as I am not a lawyer. With that said, unless you are in a hot zone, you probably won't even encounter this.
Just be careful here, once there were no cages, lets not demand stronger walls on them, or, make them smaller.
I get peoples concerns, but we are the most free country around. Many push against the current recommendations.

Just be careful here, once there were no cages, lets not demand stronger walls on them, or, make them smaller.
I get peoples concerns, but we are the most free country around. Many push against the current recommendations.

I'm in 100% agreement with you. I don't think the government at any level should be pulling people over or enforcing any sort of fine especially because the guidelines are very vague anyway. I went to the beach this weekend in NC. There was no one ever within 100 foot of us and everyone did a good job of being responsible, but yet you will have it politicized by the media as we are huge rule breakers and that we should just sit in our house. Yeah not happening. I'm going to maintain social distance but I'm not going to shut everything down.

A lockdown isn't the answer IMO. Multiple epidemiologists have said if we can just get people to practice good hygiene and social distancing that is just as effective.
Im sure a lot of people practice good hygiene and social distancing..the problem is one bad apple ruins the bunch

Jewish New York doctor has 100% success rate with 900 patients.
yeah, this is not good news. It's playing politics with an unproven therapy.

From the story linked in the tweet:

The Food and Drug Administration on Sunday issued an emergency use authorization for hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine, decades-old malaria drugs championed by President Donald Trump for coronavirus treatment despite scant evidence.

"Let's see how it works," Trump said at a press briefing on Sunday, referencing New York state's efforts. "It may. It may not."

Career scientists have been skeptical of the effort, noting the lack of data on the drugs' efficacy for coronavirus care and worried that it would siphon medication away from patients who need it for other conditions, calling instead for the agency to pursue its usual clinical trials.

"I would like to see who at FDA's [Medical Countermeasures Initiative] signed off on this EUA despite the total lack of scientific evidence that chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine are beneficial in the treatment of COVID-19," tweeted Luciana Borio, who served as FDA's acting chief scientist between 2015 and 2017. "EUA is supposed to be issued when the evidence indicates that benefits outweigh the risks."

Reactions: dinglefritz

The Food and Drug Administration on Sunday issued an emergency use authorization for hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine, decades-old malaria drugs championed by President Donald Trump for coronavirus treatment despite scant evidence.

"Let's see how it works," Trump said at a press briefing on Sunday, referencing New York state's efforts. "It may. It may not."

Career scientists have been skeptical of the effort, noting the lack of data on the drugs' efficacy for coronavirus care and worried that it would siphon medication away from patients who need it for other conditions, calling instead for the agency to pursue its usual clinical trials.

"I would like to see who at FDA's [Medical Countermeasures Initiative] signed off on this EUA despite the total lack of scientific evidence that chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine are beneficial in the treatment of COVID-19," tweeted Luciana Borio, who served as FDA's acting chief scientist between 2015 and 2017. "EUA is supposed to be issued when the evidence indicates that benefits outweigh the risks."
yea you're right let's wait until there's enough evidence & never try anything new ever again.

why do you think the New York Doc is having such a good response with the hydrochloroquine, Zithro, zinc combo? 800 patients, no hospitalizations, no deaths. Normal breathing returns in 4-6 hours, reportedly.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and bluenrg
why do you think the New York Doc is having such a good response with the hydrochloroquine, Zithro, zinc combo? 800 patients, no hospitalizations, no deaths. Normal breathing returns in 4-6 hours, reportedly.
It's being touted for political reasons and you're all falling for it. Will it pan out? Maybe...and hopefully! But until there is scientific evidence proving its efficacy, it stands to create more issues than it solves.

yea you're right let's wait until there's enough evidence & never try anything new ever again.
Sounds like a perfect opportunity for a federal research grant that could be milked for 5-10 years. Line up a couple grad students and maybe a post-Doc, publish a couple papers, win an award or two, and maybe end up with your name on a building.

that should say 'career scientists, who've never had a unique thought in their lives'

how do you suggest evidence be collected, smart guy?
NIH-guided clinical trials. We have protocols for conducting clinical trials and there are protocols to accelerate those trials when an urgent need arises.

Follow the link below, or look up pictures of "the children of thalidomide," if you need evidence for why it is necessary not to push drugs before they are thoroughly vetted in the populace they are intended to treat. Drugs that are safe for one condition under certain circumstances in certain individuals may be poorly suited for others. Don't try and twist my words into saying we are going to have another thalidomide on our hands. That's not what I'm saying. It's a case study I learned about in a drug discovery class in college. Thalidomide is one of the clear historical lessons that have led to the protocols we have today. We can't forget history. Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.

The thalidomide tragedy

Iran seems to have an issue on their hands. They seem to peak, start getting over the curve only to spike and keep going higher. Have followed this pattern 3 or 4 times now since Feb.

How dare a doctor share his results with the country
Look, if you are not the least bit suspicious that someone is claiming a 100% success rate after treating hundreds of COVID-19 patients in the middle of a pandemic then you're likely not someone who is going to be convinced by facts.

Look, if you are not the least bit suspicious that someone is claiming a 100% success rate after treating hundreds of COVID-19 patients in the middle of a pandemic then you're likely not someone who is going to be convinced by facts.
Or maybe, just maybe, it works pretty well.

Reactions: OzzyLvr

Shoot, some won't even be convinced by math!

Iran seems to have an issue on their hands. They seem to peak, start getting over the curve only to spike and keep going higher. Have followed this pattern 3 or 4 times now since Feb.

Well hopefully it is everyone in their govt.

Trump got the worst one, maybe the China virus can get the rest.

A
They have not been honest about their numbers or deaths whatsoever. A least 30 top government officials have died and many more have been sickened. They have a major conflict between the religious fundamentalists in the government and secular leaders. They are a relatively young nation I believe so they might not get destroyed

Good gawd I had no idea they got that big, and they look disgusting!!!

Show some respect, they are the only mammals naturally capable of sustained flight. Bats give we mammalians street cred in the Animal Kingdom and take those cocky avians down a peg or two.

Doctors: this is the worst public health crisis everrrrrrrrr. More supplies! More ventilators. More beds. More more more!!!

Also doctors: no it's not bad enough for you to get that medicine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT