Covid 5.0

Discussion in 'Husker Board' started by husker2612, Mar 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NorthwoodHusker

NorthwoodHusker Blackshirt
    Expand Collapse

Really? Kudos? Really?
    So much,so many, you're downplaying his ability to do deals? Yea, those kudos are working, except they didnt work for you according to your own statements.
    Regardless of who or when the 2% was agreed upon, if it, like so many other laws ss from that admin aren't enforced, well hey howdy, dont thry look good on paper.
    Sorta like using up the stocks of emergency stores in case of, oh, a epidemic or a pandemic, use them, dont replenish them, leave that too for the next guy.
    So, is Trump complaining only when he's said there were so many things messed up before he got there?

2. jflores

jflores Offensive Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

He seems to be ok at deals in real estate. He hasn't really demonstrated that he's a master deal maker as President. He has, more often than not, sat on the sidelines and tried to be a delegator rather than the chief negotiator.

All I'm saying is that that is what Dubya said he was going to do, Trump ran as "the guy in the room doing the swashbuckling" and we just haven't seen it to a large degree. Which is puzzling to say the least.

3. Solana Beach Husker

Solana Beach Husker Offensive Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

The reason he has a cult following is his he has done an amazing job of doing what he said he would do...his dishonesty allows him to give the appearance that he does what he says and that is what makes followers happy. Obama did not do what he said he would do, he compromised or gave into ego demands over and over and over again. So people like me, liked Obama, prefer him to Trump, but aren't happy with him as a president.

4. dinglefritz

dinglefritz College Football Hall of Fame
    Expand Collapse

Those planes likely have U.S citizens aboard along with supplies headed to the U.S. Trump didn't ban all travel from Europe. People who come from countries with travel restrictions are subject to a mandatory 14 day home quarantine after a health exam when they arrive.

OzzyLvr and baseball31ne like this.
  5. jflores

Expand Collapse

I don't think anyone has ever taken office and said that they were perfectly happy with where the previous Administration left them.

My own personal opinion is that things probably weren't as bad as Trump indicated in a lot of places, nor were they as good as Obama indicated.

Its also my opinion that if you are ending your first term and you are complaining about the state of things from the last guy...your first term wasn't very effective and that should be weighed as you seek a second.

Red/blue, doesn't matter.

6. jflores

Expand Collapse

Yes kudos

"

baseball31ne likes this.
  7. jlb321

jlb321 Recruiting Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

I'm hoping they are doing better getting people through customs than they were able to manage a week or so ago

[​IMG]

dinglefritz likes this.
  8. jflores

Expand Collapse

Yah a buddy of mine at work is over in India right now adopting a toddler. Not sure exactly when I'll see him again, he was planning on being out like 2 months, but not sure with all the stuff going on when he'll actually be able to make it back stateside.

9. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

It hopefully are to be quarantined americans returning home, where they can get help if they need it.
    Otherwise, a good question, but if it is monied europeans, will the media find out who is behind this?
    My guess, if it's not Trump, we will never know.

10. dinglefritz

Expand Collapse

They are. The TSA fixed that problem literally over night from what I was told. I don't think my niece had a problem like that when she returned from Europe after that picture was taken. Talk about a huge transmission risk.:(

11. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

Just like suggestions a few weeks ago by cuomo and deblahsio, they said wait in the stations if the subway cars were too full, not thinking that the stations might get a little crowded?

OzzyLvr and dinglefritz like this.
  12. dinglefritz

Expand Collapse

There's still a ton of U.S. citizens abroad and the airlines are trying to keep gates open and people employed as much as possible. IF you've had the virus and recovered now might be a great time to travel.Eek

NorthwoodHusker likes this.
  13. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

Worst comes to worst, no retransmissions occur, but no ones there to give data.

14. jmliehr

jmliehr First Team All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

We agree in principle, I think mandatory quarantine for all foreign travelers, in hindsight would be a better response. But, you still have the issue of germs spreading in flight and those people on the 2nd hop, or in the airport being impacted.

Trump certainly wouldn’t listen to the media anyway, besides a few of his “people”. I think both sides screwed the pooch, people at all levels. They do have the unenviable task of balancing individual good, the economy overall and the fact that it’s an election year for many and they are worried about self-preservation and getting re-elected.

I’ve said it before, I strongly dislike Donald, I don’t feel that he respects the office, I think he’s racist, divisive and sexist. But the President always gets too much credit when things go well and too much blame when things go south. I think our Government response should have been quicker and stronger. I have no clue if a Clinton administration would have done better or worse, nobody knows and it doesn’t even matter cause she lost. But I think Trump’s early downplaying shaped attitudes which encouraged the spread. I think his ego and directions cause confusion and slow response.

headcard likes this.
  15. DudznSudz

DudznSudz Senior
    Expand Collapse

Very well said. That's exactly right.

headcard likes this.
  16. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

If only this was a movie.....wait

17. jmliehr

jmliehr First Team All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

They’ll be sad then, cause we aren’t necessarily in better shape, just a week and a half behind.

18. dinglefritz

Expand Collapse

I was going to "like" your post until you added the racist dig. Personally I think he suffers from being a jerk to most people no matter what your skin color is. He's not a politician and he has no filter at all. He's an equal opportunity discriminator. He's like a teenager with a severe case of ADD. I've always said about politicians and people in general. Forget what they say. I don't watch many debates. I watch what they DO or have done in office. In almost every case, Trump has taken actions on policy matters that I agree with.

OzzyLvr, HuskerO, kaz36 and 1 other person like this.
  19. jflores

Expand Collapse

Yah COVID isn't Donald's fault. Some of his response has been good, but overall I feel he's been behind the curve.I feel like he feels like he should be able to pick his battles, and this wasn't one he wanted to pick. Tough luck buttercup.

He has that infamous quote about "well we have 15 cases, and soon down to zero" that sort of betrayed his mindset about this whole thing. Its only as he's gotten deeper into this thing that his respect for the gravity and what needs to be done has adjusted fire. And he appears to want to be very quick on the trigger to ditch that approach, looking for any real reason to get back to normal.

Which don't get me wrong, I'm all for back to normal, but it escapes me how he can go up and attempt to promise the country normal when:

1. He doesn't control the States
    2. A good many States who are already in quarantine will be until the end of April
    3. A good many States that are about to enter quarantine also will not be done in 2 weeks.
    4. School in half the country is done for the year.

Like I said before..."Mission accomplished" banner is what I'm predicting this to be like.

kaz36, headcard and dinglefritz like this.
  20. DudznSudz

DudznSudz Senior
    Expand Collapse

You're willfully ignoring his...why don't we say "bigoted," behavior, because you seem to like some of his policies. I think that is a terrible compromise to have made. I wouldn't want to live with it.

headcard likes this.
  21. dinglefritz

Expand Collapse

the "media" is blasting Trump and then I watch Cuomo and wonder how in God's name can anybody as stupid as Cuomo hold office in a state like New York. o_O

22. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

Helps and liberties may be much greater.

23. dinglefritz

Expand Collapse

People like you like to throw out "racist" and "bigoted" any time somebody doesn't agree with "progressive policy" when you have no idea what the person you're attacking is about. Again. I look at what somebody is doing in office. Not what they say. Frankly I don't think Trump gives a damn about what the color of somebody's skin is.

OzzyLvr, HuskerO and RedMyMind like this.
  24. RedMyMind

RedMyMind Senior
    Expand Collapse

I agree. Trump says some dumb shit and everyone knows it. The people who try to clap back are just as emotionally volatile as he.

People are suckers for presentation and that is why most politicians are like robots and try to come across as salesmen. I'd rather have an asshole like Churchill over 44.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

dinglefritz likes this.
  25. DudznSudz

DudznSudz Senior
    Expand Collapse

No, I don't. I just call things bigoted when they are. For example, trying to turn "birtherism" into a thing during Obama's years in office was pretty ****ing weird and bigoted.

Here's another great example:

“The only guys I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes all day,” he reportedly said. The black accountant, he said, was lazy, but it was “probably not his fault, because laziness is a trait in blacks.” - Donald Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...past-comments-race-religion-been-you-tell-us/

I mean it goes on for years. His comments during Charlottesville were inexcusable and un-Presidential...I mean...like I said, you are willfully ignoring this stuff, and that's on you.

So, I'm not focusing on his policies and calling them racist or bigoted, just the many...many...many things he has said over time that are racist and/or bigoted. But hey, whatever.

headcard likes this.
  26. headcard

headcard Nebraska Legend
    Expand Collapse

One would think, but what will probably happen is:

He will deny saying it, even though we all heard it. He will refuse to answer any questions about it, calling them nasty. He will blame the fake news media and tweet about what a great job he is doing and the cult will eat it all up and blame Obama, Hillary, China and Tom Hanks.

27. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

Each state is sovereign, so, each state needs to ready itself for a pandemic at some level.
    If there is no history of any attempts at addressing this at state level, nanny state one level up actually isnt left only to the federal government.
    Lets us hope we learn something from this.

OzzyLvr and baseball31ne like this.
  28. DudznSudz

DudznSudz Senior
    Expand Collapse

VERY nasty!

headcard likes this.
  29. baseball31ne

baseball31ne Recruiting Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

prayers for the family. Hope the State Dept and the embassy there are helping much as they are able to

headcard likes this.
  30. jflores

Expand Collapse

I feel like people are putting a lot of stock into the fact that summer is going to kill this thing.

I mean it could and I'm hoping for any respite we can get. But one of the earlier well known cases was Tom Hank's diagnosis in Australia in the summer.

Maybe I should look at how on fire Australia is...

31. DudznSudz

DudznSudz Senior
    Expand Collapse

It's just a speculative claim at this stage. Dr. Fauci recently told Trevor Noah that, "if this behaves like MOST viruses, it won't do as well in the heat and humidity."

I would think that this will be a factor, but not a huge one, in the outbreak starting to become under control in the next few months.

32. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

Understand, those you link to, those you dmbrace in ideas and ideals are the same ones who have said he's racist, that's he's antisemetic.
    Yes, he hates his jewish daughter, just keep listening to them, where they dont show how popular Trump is in Israel they wouldn't dare, it goes against theur direct lies.

OzzyLvr likes this.
  33. DudznSudz

DudznSudz Senior
    Expand Collapse

I can't figure out what you're saying...?

34. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

Most virii die down in April. Not for the Southern Hemisphere it's the opposite, they're just going into their flu season, early fall.

35. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

The links that say Trumps racist, are the same ones that say hes also anti semitic. But, Israel loves him, very popular there, but they never show those numbers, never interview a jew from Israel, because it doesn't fit their lies.

OzzyLvr likes this.
  36. NorthwoodHusker

Expand Collapse

And let me clarify, this is not a narrative, it is lies.

37. DudznSudz

DudznSudz Senior
    Expand Collapse

What part is a lie?

38. RedMyMind

RedMyMind Senior
    Expand Collapse

Still spreading the Charlottesville hoax

39. Harry Caray

Harry Caray Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

Kansas just issued a statewide stay-at-home order....these seem pointless to me though when they say you can still go to grocery stores and go outside for exercise, and there are still thousands of flights every day around the country. Driving through Lincoln the other day, I noticed that the golf courses and public parks were packed full of people, as were the parking lots at Hy-Vee and Wal-Mart.

So instead of people going to work and school and observing cautious social distancing there, you have them going to parks and playgrounds and golf courses and touching things there....while you still have hundreds of people touching items/carts/keypads/etc at grocery/department stores and gas stations....and you have thousands of people still flying across the country and possibly spreading the virus to new areas.

OzzyLvr likes this.
  40. dinglefritz

Expand Collapse

The problem with allowing politics to be discussed widely on this board is that we went from a largely substantive discussion of THE VIRUS and it's spread to a bunch of political bickering. It's almost impossible to discuss this without some indication of where some of the stories are coming from but the non-stop political bashing is counter productive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.