ADVERTISEMENT

Covid 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said it was possible. Never said I thought it would happen.

Yes you should live in fear, putz. I’ve never met anyone as dumb as you who was worth a **** in a crisis. We have a potential one now. Good luck if it the worst case scenario You’ll be the guy in shock cowered in the corner calling for help.

Someone tell @Hoosker Du they got the wrong guy on the backtracking.

But you totally nailed me. Yep, the guy who has acknowledged 100,000s could die is clearly the one who will be in shock. The one who has pointed out how many die from multiple other disease. He'll be shocked.

Good luck to you buddy.

So this is amazing for you? Can’t imagine what line of work you actually do, that would be thriving right now. Economy in the tank, no plan to stop the corona virus. Yes, we are all so much better off now. We are so lucky Trump completely Hoovered this thing. The guy fired the global pandemic team, refused to listen to the experts on the dangers of the virus, called it a hoax and now after the economy has already ranked, he wants to pretend like the whole thing isn't happening and send everyone back out in the world before the spread has been contained. So now we can have the best of both worlds, a sick and dying populous and a busted economy. He has butchered this every step of the way, but let’s keep on making excuses for all his nonsense because he’s “not PC”, or whatever it is you think is redeemable about him.
Please provide a link of the people he fired, and what they're doing now?
Please, give us a name that has this plan of stopping this? And links of their specific plans?

There currently are no answers, from guns at you confined door, as china is facing wave two, to so korea, who started off well, but like everywhere else, the battle rages.
Theres facts out there from the ny times I linked to that show our numbers for helps,including ventilators to PPEs were severly depleted under the sars and ebola situations, and those stocks never replenished.

We can think now what we wantm but history will show the truth.
Blame is irrelevant right now, it comes down to changes that were made, why, and not ever letting our preparedness weaken to the levels we started with.

If I use something up, its on my watch, I make sure I have people responsible enough to bring it to my attention, then make sure those stocks are filled.
Leaving it to the next guy is not what you do.

Not having those stocks filled is on all admins, but most heavily on those who used them up and never replenished them, its called responsibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: nwualum
Cuomo's have been killing it this week
https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/09/andrew-cuomos-response-to-wuhan-virus-is-unsettling/
Have these two ever taken the subway? Wait for the next train until there’s an empty one? Until when? Four in the morning? New York City cannot function if everyone refuses to board a crowded subway car. Nobody would ever get home. The stations themselves would become wildly overcrowded creating an even worse public health condition. Put simply, this is nonsense.

But it wasn’t just weird public transit advice. This morning Cuomo held a press conference in which he announced the launch of “Clean,” a new hand sanitizer made by the State of New York. It was like the saddest tech rollout ever. Cuomo assured us that his new product had 5 percent more alcohol in it than Purell. And he also informed us that it has a floral bouquet scent, with hints of lilac and hydrangea. He seemed like he was trying to be funny, but instead he was vaguely disturbing.

Since its all things Trump, I thought I'd share this great mans thoughts

https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/09/andrew-cuomos-response-to-wuhan-virus-is-unsettling/
Have these two ever taken the subway? Wait for the next train until there’s an empty one? Until when? Four in the morning? New York City cannot function if everyone refuses to board a crowded subway car. Nobody would ever get home. The stations themselves would become wildly overcrowded creating an even worse public health condition. Put simply, this is nonsense.

But it wasn’t just weird public transit advice. This morning Cuomo held a press conference in which he announced the launch of “Clean,” a new hand sanitizer made by the State of New York. It was like the saddest tech rollout ever. Cuomo assured us that his new product had 5 percent more alcohol in it than Purell. And he also informed us that it has a floral bouquet scent, with hints of lilac and hydrangea. He seemed like he was trying to be funny, but instead he was vaguely disturbing.

Since its all things Trump, I thought I'd share this great mans thoughts
You trust an article where the writer calls it the Wuhan Flu?

I was poster zero.

My original Corona Virus post was on January 24th and I asked "Are we all doomed?"
That thread lasted 636 posts before being locked.

Dingle made the followup post (CDC's most recent statement) on February 28th.
That thread made it 324 posts.

I started the third post (Covid19 3.0)- March 9th, 211 posts.
And also the fourth post (Covid-19 4.0)- March 12th, 494 posts.

That's a total of 1665 posts from the first four main threads.
I won't even bother counting all the other variants and offshoots.

Husker2612 created the most recent mutation (Covid 5.0)
It's well over 900 posts now.

So.... Are we all doomed?

You trust an article where the writer calls it the Wuhan Flu?
Do you want tweets from him? Or,simply read the article. I'm sure it's biased, like most on Trump.
Living under the spotlight, things happen, I just thought I'd shine a little light on Cuomo, no big deal.

That spotlights been on Trump from day one, enter Cuomo, he wants to get in it, he can expect all his glorious perfection rerun to a tweet,link to you.
Nobodys perfect, everyone has dirt or imperfections ,even bad days, but it doesn't take a biased link to prove this.
Warts and all, thats who we are, including Trump or Cuomo.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Do you want tweets from him? Or,simply read the article. I'm sure it's biased, like most on Trump.
Living under the spotlight, things happen, I just thought I'd shine a little light on Cuomo, no big deal.

That spotlights been on Trump from day one, enter Cuomo, he wants to get in it, he can expect all his glorious perfection rerun to a tweet,link to you.
Nobodys perfect, everyone has dirt or imperfections ,even bad days, but it doesn't take a biased link to prove this.
Warts and all, thats who we are, including Trump or Cuomo.
I've watched nearly every Cuomo news conference because since the virus hit america there has been a huge drop in information about the virus, like the media is paralyzed by having something actually real to report about...he is pretty good with diagraming the situation with mathematics, charts, and graphs and he gives a very personal feel of what it is like to be a New Yorker going through this trauma...he's tried to manipulate trump by flattering him, saying he was doing a good job, then disagreeing, then insulting him because he needs Trump to be a war president...and I think it is slowly happening...sadly slowly means preventable deaths. He is governor, the mayor of new york is an idiot...and so Cuomo can't be castigated for not knowing what is going on in an individual hospital... he stockpiles and the districts have to move the supplies to the right place.

What liberties do you have?
In what category?
I live in america, my house and senator elected officials make my laws, protect my liberties.
As every country that entered the EU, they gave that up, and why Brexit happened.

If you want a list of liberties, I dont have the time,there are many. But, if I've lost some, you'll hear it from me.

I've watched nearly every Cuomo news conference because since the virus hit america there has been a huge drop in information about the virus, like the media is paralyzed by having something actually real to report about...he is pretty good with diagraming the situation with mathematics, charts, and graphs and he gives a very personal feel of what it is like to be a New Yorker going through this trauma...he's tried to manipulate trump by flattering him, saying he was doing a good job, then disagreeing, then insulting him because he needs Trump to be a war president...and I think it is slowly happening...sadly slowly means preventable deaths.
Do you have some kind of reason to not go to that site, and simply read the tweets?
Has he handled a build? Do his kids know their way around a construction site like he does?
Maybe he should learn to code?
Point is, he understands the working man.

I watched a somewhat local tv news station, talking about corona, and one of the media guys asked if they still made lava, the soap with pumice in it.
He went on about how abrasive he rememered it as, like sandpaper. I'm certain he doesn't understand Trump.

called it a hoax

The guy fired the global pandemic team

refused to listen to the experts on the dangers of the virus
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/489191-fauci-media-should-stop-pitting-me-against-trump
“Fauci said that Trump does listen to his expertise and the opinions of other officials on the task force.

"The president has listened to what I have said and what the other people on the task force have said. When I have made recommendations he has taken them," Fauci added. "The idea of just pitting one against the other is just not helpful."

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/489191-fauci-media-should-stop-pitting-me-against-trump
“Fauci said that Trump does listen to his expertise and the opinions of other officials on the task force.

"The president has listened to what I have said and what the other people on the task force have said. When I have made recommendations he has taken them," Fauci added. "The idea of just pitting one against the other is just not helpful."
As far as I know, and I don't want to, you have no political bias, as it should be, but truth is truth.
We need truth today, so much has failed us, which I wont name for many reasons, and falsehoods reach all doors, and come from all sides.
Thank you.

This is precisely what I've been referring to for weeks. Trump has minimized this virus from the beginning. And what does that do? Creates careless fools like Rambo and GBRforLife, that listen to Trump's garbage and become indoctrinated.

So it doesn't matter if you have taken this virus seriously from the outset and have looked out for others and yourself. You have f'ing morons like these 2 out there that are taking their cues from Trump, and they'll get themselves and others killed. In that regard Trump has become more dangerous to the American people than anything I've seen during my lifetime.

Does America - citizens and government - have the stones to deal with this?

Health systems will get over run because we will still insist on providing ICU care to patients with very high predicted mortalities. You can do this under normal circumstances - you can't in a pandemic response.

The model needs to change from individual centered health care to population based health care. Would we be accepting of a state where if someone comes in with a predicted mortality of X+ they are not eligible for ICU care (regardless of individual preference) because in doing so that individual patient has a low likelihood of survival and they lessen the chances of other patients surviving by utilizing scarce resources - and it isn't just ventilators - it is physician resources - nursing care - protective masks/gowns, respiratory therapy, etc, etc

This is how we give the most people the best chance to survive when they get critically ill.
Instead we will continue to insist that the 80 yo with many baseline chronic health problems receive the same care that the 50 you relatively healthy person gets. The 80 will die a bad death after being in the ICU hooked up to machines for a couple of weeks and the 50 yo chances of surviving will be lessened because teams will be providing near futile care to others rather than focusing on the ones with the best chances of survival.

Last edited:
Funny me too. Probably a hell of a time to buy.

It is. Just bought a vehicle last weekend. It was almost too easy to get the deal I wanted...I ended up going home and thinking to myself, I’m pretty sure I could have done even better if I would have lowballed them more.

Reactions: newAD
My two cents...people are doing way to much of the well so and so did a dumb ass thing so that automatically makes my guy the bomb.

No sir, it's quite possible in this world that multiple people are dumb asses at the same time.

I like to rag on Trump because it's fun to rag on the stupid stuff he does and he's such a bravado driven guy knocking him down a peg is pretty much a national past time. That said the various people on the other side of the aisle have also done dumb stuff too and the fact that Trump is not quite cutting the mustard doesn't mean folks are going to turn around and become Biden or Bernie voters.

Fact is virtually everyone involved is getting a wartime bump except Trump's administration. Even though hes running around fifty percent approval he's trailing folks like Fauci by 20-30 points. The only way that happens is if large segments of people in his party don't really think he's doing all that great of a job. It's not "just the libs" like he and his most ardent supporters like to claim. He has a fundamental desire to be liked..it's honestly probably his coping mechanism to think only his political opponents disapprove.

Where Trump ultimately has to be careful if he lets his thin skin in the way too much and starts making this a about the press treatment of him or about his election chances. His lack of empathy vis a vis a Reagan isn't doing him any favors now but if folks think he's completely taken his eye off the ball over an election what little good will be has will go away and the election will become an anyone but Trump thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: headcard
Trump's had his own ventilator issues. He said Wednesday I think it was the governor's are asking for too many and they won't need them and then turned around and issued Defense production act on GM to provide a bunch more that he literally just said we didn't need.

Lost in the various media outlets and tweets I'm sure there's a real wrinkle there where it makes more sense but to the lay person it doesn't smell quite right.

Talk is talk, walk is walk. At least the churches I've been to in my life have had this concept of your heart is where your treasure is. So put your treasure in heaven.

Trump can bravado all the things he wants right now but his treasure is in ventilators, bailouts, and infinite quantitative easing. That should tell you the general direction he really feels this will go.

Edit: so Dems take ease that he is more concerned than he's letting on. Everyone can be somewhat concerned he won't level with us. Etc... multiple angles to this thing

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz
This is precisely what I've been referring to for weeks. Trump has minimized this virus from the beginning. And what does that do? Creates careless fools like Rambo and GBRforLife, that listen to Trump's garbage and become indoctrinated.

So it doesn't matter if you have taken this virus seriously from the outset and have looked out for others and yourself. You have f'ing morons like these 2 out there that are taking their cues from Trump, and they'll get themselves and others killed. In that regard Trump has become more dangerous to the American people than anything I've seen during my lifetime.

Yes, that's exactly it. Trump indoctrinated me to point out how you can't do math.

Your #Tds is showing.

Act quickly. You only have 5 more years to blame him for everything.

Health systems will get over run because we will still insist on providing ICU care to patients with very high predicted mortalities. You can do this under normal circumstances - you can't in a pandemic response.

The model needs to change from individual centered health care to population based health care. Would we be accepting of a state where if someone comes in with a predicted mortality of X+ they are not eligible for ICU care (regardless of individual preference) because in doing so that individual patient has a low likelihood of survival and they lessen the chances of other patients surviving by utilizing scarce resources - and it isn't just ventilators - it is physician resources - nursing care - protective masks/gowns, respiratory therapy, etc, etc

This is how we give the most people the best chance to survive when they get critically ill.
Instead we will continue to insist that the 80 yo with many baseline chronic health problems receive the same care that the 50 you relatively healthy person gets. The 80 will die a bad death after being in the ICU hooked up to machines for a couple of weeks and the 50 yo chances of surviving will be lessened because teams will be providing near futile care to others rather than focusing on the ones with the best chances of survival.

Maybe they could establish a panel of people to look at who should die?

Maybe they could establish a panel of people to look at who should die?

That was always going to be the case whether it was the govt or a bunch of ER docs or Blue Cross.

Edit. I also do not support socialized health care.

In reality if it came down to it is that a bunch of folks that like to think they have money will come to realize they don't have enough money to matter. Bill Gates will get gold plated care even if he doesn't fit the triage profile because he has enough money to matter, your random $250k higher end earning family will not if they don't have the right medical outlook to justify the expenditure of effort on the hospital's or insurer's part. In a truly resource constrained environment like a corona flair up in Omaha.

Trump's had his own ventilator issues. He said Wednesday I think it was the governor's are asking for too many and they won't need them and then turned around and issued Defense production act on GM to provide a bunch more that he literally just said we didn't need.

Lost in the various media outlets and tweets I'm sure there's a real wrinkle there where it makes more sense but to the lay person it doesn't smell quite right.

He also said we could sell them outside the US I thought, which actually isn’t an awful idea.

Please provide a link of the people he fired, and what they're doing now?
Please, give us a name that has this plan of stopping this? And links of their specific plans?

There currently are no answers, from guns at you confined door, as china is facing wave two, to so korea, who started off well, but like everywhere else, the battle rages.
Theres facts out there from the ny times I linked to that show our numbers for helps,including ventilators to PPEs were severly depleted under the sars and ebola situations, and those stocks never replenished.

We can think now what we wantm but history will show the truth.
Blame is irrelevant right now, it comes down to changes that were made, why, and not ever letting our preparedness weaken to the levels we started with.

If I use something up, its on my watch, I make sure I have people responsible enough to bring it to my attention, then make sure those stocks are filled.
Leaving it to the next guy is not what you do.

Not having those stocks filled is on all admins, but most heavily on those who used them up and never replenished them, its called responsibility.

I think Trump's legacy will be a complicated thing. He ran on being a deal-maker, yet we've seen very little deal making out of him. He did that photo op deal very late in his campaign/early on in his presidency to try and save 1000 HVAC jobs in Indiana (which sort of ended up going away anyway) but very little since then.

He seems content to let other people do the deals, and his part of it is to get on Twitter and encourage bipartisanship and tell folks to get something together so he can sign it. That's really not master deal making by any stretch. Based on that early Indiana thing, I think folks though he'd be alot more involved than just signing something. Breitbart has been one of his strongest supporters and are filled with Trumpsters for sure, and the big knock against him from his own people is his uncanny ability to backtrack and just sign anything Pelosi and McConnell put in front of him.

Arguably, he's been the biggest weapon against himself because of that. He doesn't have many legislative victories, and most of those were written by Pelosi in the various omnibus that he signed. The only very clear win has been judges, which is honestly probably enough to justify casting the vote for him for many Republicans.

Last edited:
Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
He also said we could sell them outside the US I thought, which actually isn’t an awful idea.

No its not although it would be rather weird to essentially Nationalize GM via a wartime production law...and then send the product overseas. A modern lend-lease if you will.

Apparently this is a great vid to watch to explain how COVID kills people, so if you have a half hour maybe check it out.

Reactions: RedMyMind
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT