ADVERTISEMENT

Covid 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will this thread get the all time record for pages? Almost has to since mods said have at it boys

I'm talking about us not testing asymptomatic people because most western nations won't test unless you have symptoms...there are people carrying it who will never be tested because they will never show the right symptoms...or will have an 8 hour fever and never get around to it. People are hoping for this hidden millions that have already had it...70% of the people who get it show symptoms...15% of these need hospitalization...millions of cases suddenly becomes hundreds of thousands of severe and we just aren't seeing it YET. SK has tested really well, as did the Diamond cruise ship, and they found a range around 30% test positive but did not show symptoms...this might seem great but that is actually only small bump, what people are looking for are orders of magnitude asymptomatic people, and that just isn't happening.

Ultimately, among 3,711 Diamond Princess passengers and crew, 712 (19.2%) had positive test results. Of these, 331 (46.5%) were asymptomatic at the time of testing. Among 381 symptomatic patients, 37 (9.7%) required intensive care, and nine (1.3%) died.

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/new...ships-likely-due-many-asymptomatic-people-cdc

People who are looking for orders of magnitude of asymptomatic people may not be finding it because less that 20% are infected.

Your post makes it sound like 30% of the ship was infected but didn't show symptoms. Which is significantly different than 30% of 19.2% or the correct 46.5% of 19.2% who didn't show symptoms.

Everyone, look, I know there are a lot of mathematically challenged on the board so remember, when you multiply a percent by another percent you get a smaller number, not larger. Fractions are hard for some. Sorry if this doesn't fit your agenda.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
I don’t think there’s a question she hates him.

A bad day for the clintons is a great day for America. One of the preeminent crime families going.
160316-daly-trump-clinton-tease_dpubuo

Yea. Let’s see how bad it can get! The country will be wrecked, but your chosen guy will be in the Oval Office. Priorities, I guess.

He's been absolutely amazing for me and most people that actually work. So tell us " how bad" it can get and how bad he's made it for YOU....

You are so damn determined to prove to everyone that you are so right and so much smarter than everyone, that you don’t have the ability to read and interpret context.

I have never said anywhere that the figures are correct. I have pointed out what could be based on available data and estimates that experts gave. That’s it. Nothing else.

Since I’m dealing with this issue on a daily basis and still going to work, I’ll guarantee I am a lot more versed on what is going on than you.

You are acting like an idiot with an agenda. I don’t have an agenda other than I want myself & my friends and co-workers, and all the others who are truly risking their lives by going to work to not end up as a statistic (or bring it home to their loved ones). Some are in bad medical condition. Some are anxiously awaiting to see if their health goes to hell. Some have been exposed to stuff that would probably make you piss your pants.

So do us all a favor and put the keyboard down if you can’t start using some objectivity.

What will you be doing for your next comedic act? I seriously laughed at the bold part. It's ok everyone, he think 2 million people are going to die, but he never said the numbers were correct!!! You should do PR for a startup.

Also, I've been using objectivity. I think you're requesting I be subjective?

You're a member of the government right? Scary.

I'm sorry for calling you stupid. It's not your fault.

Ultimately, among 3,711 Diamond Princess passengers and crew, 712 (19.2%) had positive test results. Of these, 331 (46.5%) were asymptomatic at the time of testing. Among 381 symptomatic patients, 37 (9.7%) required intensive care, and nine (1.3%) died.

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/new...ships-likely-due-many-asymptomatic-people-cdc

People who are looking for orders of magnitude of asymptomatic people may not be finding it because less that 20% are infected.

Your post makes it sound like 30% of the ship was infected but didn't show symptoms. Which is significantly different than 30% of 19.2% or the correct 46.5% of 19.2% who didn't show symptoms.

Everyone, look, I know there are a lot of mathematically challenged on the board so remember, when you multiply a percent by another percent you get a smaller number, not larger. Fractions are hard for some. Sorry if this doesn't fit your agenda.
I have seen 10 deaths due to the virus. It started at 7, but like was said earlier, sometimes you can't successfully remove some off ventilators.
Also, the ages was that on average,older than Italys.
I haven't read when it was discovered, and the actions taken by the folks on board.

I do know they shared dining halls and such, and our studies of sustanability on surfaces are lacking still.

This Tom Hanks disease (THD) is getting ridiculous! At least he was able to get around the international travel ban and get back to LA.
You sure it's not Toms Disease Sucks? Or, TDS for short? Looks like its ok for anyone suffering from it to me.

I have seen 10 deaths due to the virus. It started at 7, but like was said earlier, sometimes you can't successfully remove some off ventilators.
I haven't read when it was discovered, and the actions taken by the folks on board.

I do know they shared dining halls and such, and our studies of sustanability on surfaces are lacking still.

Maybe it's normal for 10 people from the same cruise ship to be dead 3 months later? I don't know. I know there is a lot of olds on those ships though.

I read that the cruise ship was a good lab test for the virus because a lot of variables are controlled for. Interesting idea.

I wonder what the cruise ship policy is in response to a death. Besides deny, deny, deny.

Great article in USA Today on the 8 strains of CV and how they're very slightly mutating and how that allows them to track them around the globe. The strains all seem to be equally pathogenic. Cool stuff. IF you Google USA Today 8 strains it comes up.

Maybe it's normal for 10 people from the same cruise ship to be dead 3 months later? I don't know. I know there is a lot of olds on those ships though.

I read that the cruise ship was a good lab test for the virus because a lot of variables are controlled for. Interesting idea.

I wonder what the cruise ship policy is in response to a death. Besides deny, deny, deny.
It was well beyond them, once discovered. As a company full complance, giving up responsibilities to a government is actually a relief,I'm sure.
My point was, between the time of your numbers, another had died, likely on a ventilator, expressing the concerns posted earlier about lung deterioration from the virus, combined with a weakened patient on a ventilator.
Some, it appears cant heal up, or have so much damage, the ventilator is the only ever to keep them alive,basically.
In that posters statement, reliable oversight in tuning in a ventilator to each patient is a finely learned craft, and just having more ventilators often isn't much help with rookies running them.

Great article in USA Today on the 8 strains of CV and how they're very slightly mutating and how that allows them to track them around the globe. The strains all seem to be equally pathogenic. Cool stuff. IF you Google USA Today 8 strains it comes up.
Thanks!

I just would usually say I apologize for anything he may do or say. He doesn't represent the majority of the country and then try to change the subject quickly
He does say some very stupid stuff but his political actions actually do represent the majority of the country. He just needs a filter but then again millions of people love him because he doesn't have one.

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz
I think what many people dont understand is, this is a living organism, and usually react in expected ways

It’s also not expected to spontaneously evolve into a form more deadly than it already is to humans. The SARS-CoV-2 is so good at transmitting itself between human hosts, said Andersen, it is under no evolutionary pressure to evolve.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...rack-coronavirus-strains-mutation/5080571002/

Reactions: dinglefritz
I think what many people dont understand is, this is a living organism, and usually react in expected ways

It’s also not expected to spontaneously evolve into a form more deadly than it already is to humans. The SARS-CoV-2 is so good at transmitting itself between human hosts, said Andersen, it is under no evolutionary pressure to evolve.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...rack-coronavirus-strains-mutation/5080571002/
Theoretically we could be selecting for or allowing more time for a more contagious strain to develop via mutation by practicing physical distancing and not allowing population immunity to occur more quickly. Strictly a theory.o_O

Reactions: NorthwoodHusker
There are like 40 different examples ....isnt that like 40 too many for most decent people? Biden is an extremely disappointing option from the left I just hope he has a strong VP choice and an excellent cabinet.

For very leftist biased Vox who clearly has an agenda? No 40 isn't too many when 39 of them are garbage and decent has nothing to do with it.

Theoretically we could be selecting for or allowing more time for a more contagious strain to develop via mutation by practicing physical distancing and not allowing population immunity to occur more quickly. Strictly a theory.o_O

Live look at dingle's coffee mug.
2018827146-i_love_stirring_the_pot_coffee_mug-reb578488c1344a27b601e6076fee0573_x7jgr_8byvr_512.jpg

He's been absolutely amazing for me and most people that actually work. So tell us " how bad" it can get and how bad he's made it for YOU....

So this is amazing for you? Can’t imagine what line of work you actually do, that would be thriving right now. Economy in the tank, no plan to stop the corona virus. Yes, we are all so much better off now. We are so lucky Trump completely Hoovered this thing. The guy fired the global pandemic team, refused to listen to the experts on the dangers of the virus, called it a hoax and now after the economy has already ranked, he wants to pretend like the whole thing isn't happening and send everyone back out in the world before the spread has been contained. So now we can have the best of both worlds, a sick and dying populous and a busted economy. He has butchered this every step of the way, but let’s keep on making excuses for all his nonsense because he’s “not PC”, or whatever it is you think is redeemable about him.

For very leftist biased Vox who clearly has an agenda? No 40 isn't too many when 39 of them are garbage and decent has nothing to do with it.
So because you don't like the source the acts detailed in the article didn't happen? OK here is a different source but it pretty much details the same history of bigotry https://fortune.com/2016/06/07/donald-trump-racism-quotes/
Look I get Presidents in the past owned slaves so this country has a pretty awful history in race relations. It's just a shock that in 2020 it part of what actually makes him appealing to some. I'll be happy when that portion of the public can crawl back in their caves. Until we have new leadership they will feel emboldened to stick around. (I'm not calling all Trumpers racist, but if you are a racist he is certainly your guy)

Last edited:
Reactions: headcard
So this is amazing for you? Can’t imagine what line of work you actually do, that would be thriving right now. Economy in the tank, no plan to stop the corona virus. Yes, we are all so much better off now. We are so lucky Trump completely Hoovered this thing. The guy fired the global pandemic team, refused to listen to the experts on the dangers of the virus, called it a hoax and now after the economy has already ranked, he wants to pretend like the whole thing isn't happening and send everyone back out in the world before the spread has been contained. So now we can have the best of both worlds, a sick and dying populous and a busted economy. He has butchered this every step of the way, but let’s keep on making excuses for all his nonsense because he’s “not PC”, or whatever it is you think is redeemable about him.

Well, for one, supply chains that don't involve restaurants, who are absolutely getting murdered right now, are in overdrive. Health care is thriving. Retail like Walmart, Target, Costco is nuts.

He hasn't butchered this. He's provided leadership. Things usually aren't as bad as the press clippings. He knows that. As unpopular as that is he's tried to show that.

Of course he's had some missteps. Who hasn't? There's been instances where showing a little more couth could have made things go smoother. But his ego allows him to overcome those things even if the NY Times and Hillary has a fit.

The idea that you can contain this virus is assinine. You can't do it for any other virus, but you think you can for this one? The economy is busted because of the media and their fear mongering because things from China are scary. Not Trump.

A sick and dying populous - are you done chicken little? You'll do anything to push that agenda even though 99.99% of us will live through this.

So some possible numbers for LIncoln in the near future...it appears Lincoln maxed at 175 deaths in October but stayed elevated for about 12 weeks. The spanish Flu was much deadlier for the younger portion of the population and likely had a global CFR of around 10% although this was likely lower in the U.S. Lincoln had a population of about 80000 in 1918...The counterintuitive thing is the outbreak started in Lincoln at the same time it was ravaging the east coast. This virus ironically is spreading slower in the U.S than the virus did in 1918. Philadelphia lost 12000 in October, the hardest hit area in the U.S. That should be terrifying considering that the Lombardy region has lost nearly 6k in 27 days.

Check out the social distancing back in 1918....

5e78eb53bca3d.image.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT