ADVERTISEMENT

Covid-19 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres approximately a weeks time between getting sick and getting the virus, so any of our actions wont show impact until at least a week afterwords.

Care to elaborate? Does it mean that once we feel ill, we won’t show we have the virus until 1 week later? Or we can’t see the impact until 1 week after transmission? Thanks

Care to elaborate? Does it mean that once we feel ill, we won’t show we have the virus until 1 week later? Or we can’t see the impact until 1 week after transmission? Thanks
What he's saying is that people may not get physically ill for a week after they get the virus. That's the incubation phase. Some people may shed the virus to others for several days before they get physically ill. Some people get sick on day 3. Some get sick on day 14. Some never feel physically ill but still shed the virus.

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
What he's saying is that people may not get physically ill for a week after they get the virus. That's the incubation phase. Some people may shed the virus to others for several days before they get physically ill. Some people get sick on day 3. Some get sick on day 14. Some never feel physically ill but still shed the virus.

That is why this virus is so dangerous nobody knows for sure when they maybe getting ill till they have the symptoms in some fashion...

I like the french report of mixing antibiotocs and the malarial drug.
It appears on the surface of giving some control on the effects and possible duration.

Some are saying this would kick it down to regular flu effect, still potentially deadly or very harmful, but it narrows that window of those weakest of us to battle this off.

I hope this works, if it does, we will gain our own defenses and allow us closer to a vaccine without great effect

Yep.
But some graphs run day to day from various actions we've taken, but the results will actually be seen likely a week after those actions are taken.

Yep.
But some graphs run day to day from various actions we've taken, but the results will actually be seen likely a week after those actions are taken.
LA Times article by Joe Mizono. Nobel prize winning Stanford biophysicist Michael Levitt thinks the peak may be over before many think due to the steps that have been taken. He's thinking more in terms of weeks and not months like Cuomo is indicating. Social distancing is critical in his view. The article is a good read which is something I don't often say about articles from the LA Times. Sorry I have issues linking things on here I think due to my antivirus. I still think about May 1st is a date to watch. We hopefully will be on a downward trend cases wise by then.

Last edited:
LA Times article by Joe Mizono. Nobel prize winning Stanford biophysicist Michael Levitt thinks the peak may be over before many think due to the steps that have been taken. He's thinking more in terms of weeks and not months like Cuomo is indicating. Social distancing is critical in his view. The article is a good read which is something I don't often say about articles from the LA Times. Sorry I have issues linking things on here I think due to my antivirus. I still think about May 1st is a date to watch. We hopefully will be on a downward trend cases wise by then.
I'm with you on this, china was way ahead of italy, them and spain and iran are driving the terrible news.

But, they're also way behind china. So korea has nailed it, and once it goes through, it simply can't have the same effect second time through, as yhe herd effect takes place,plus loss of momentum

WHO launches global megatrial of the four most promising coronavirus treatments

"Could any of these drugs hold the key to saving COVID-19 patients from serious harm or death? On Friday, the World Health Organization (WHO) announced a large global trial, called SOLIDARITY, to find out if any can treat infections with the new coronavirus for the dangerous respiratory disease. It’s an unprecedented effort—an all-out, coordinated push to collect robust scientific data rapidly during a pandemic. The study, which could include many thousands of patients in dozens of countries, has been designed to be as simple as possible so that even hospitals overwhelmed by an onslaught of COVID-19 patients can participate. "

For those unaware, Science is among the most prestigious interdisciplinary scientific publications for reporting primary research findings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT