ADVERTISEMENT

Covid-19 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure. Mutations happen in nature all the time. Basic genetics. When you have a thousand viruses present in millions of bats in China a change in a capsular protein of one of those viruses occurring randomly could make it virulent to a human. It's seems like it would be awfully coincidental that this has happened in China now a couple of times. Corona virus vaccines in animals seem to remain pretty effective for many years without much antigenic drift. What does tend to happen is a new virus maybe from a new source will mutate and cause a new syndrome in an animal species which has a vaccine for an older CV.
One more then?
H1N1, is thisfrom two animals, or, is this from two virii from a shift? Or, are both right?

Apparently digestive issues are also a potential early symptom of Covid.

I had digestive issues 2 weeks ago. Shitting and vomiting on day 1 and subsequent severe fatigue/delirium, muscle weakness, headaches and random sore throat for 2 weeks. Feel back to normal now. Wonder if I had it.

Last edited:
Those statements embolden idiots around the world to incite violence against Asians. I’m sorry but equating the name of a Chinese dish at a restaurant and assigning an ethnic origin to a virus that is going to kill millions is way off base

It is shameful that the president would refer to this as the Chinese virus - reprehensible.
It is a chinese virus - what is this stupidity

Theres this

Then, theres this
https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-ne...us-theory-which-his-medical-expert-guest-shot

Interesting take on anothers words. Notice, theres no link to the actual interview, but there's other links attempting to link this guy to another wacky guy.

I'm thankful to several on here that cuts through crap like this.
Notice also, no questions as to why china wont let us in. Like thats not important?

Last edited:
babylon-5-cast.jpg

Middle row,second from right
Meh, you do you, I'll take the blonde on the middle left.

One more then?
H1N1, is thisfrom two animals, or, is this from two virii from a shift? Or, are both right?
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. There are multiple strains of influenza viruses in pigs that might mutate just enough to become pathogenic in humans. Over the years that has been the case and while transmission to humans is rare it does maybe occur more frequently than with some other domestic animals species viruses just due to how pigs are housed and how closely they are managed. This was true before large scale hog operations so nobody should go down that road. Horses also are very commonly infected with different strains of Influenza viruses but as far as I know that hasn't been a zoonotic problem in the past. The equine population is WAY less than pigs and thus the odds of a mutation of one of their influenza viruses becoming pathogenic to humans is commensurately much much lower.

Reactions: NorthwoodHusker
Theres this

Then, theres this
https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-ne...us-theory-which-his-medical-expert-guest-shot

Interesting take on anothers words. Notice, theres no link to the actual interview, but there's other links attempting to link this guy to another wacky guy.

I'm thankful to several on here that cuts through crap like this.
Notice also, no questions as to why china wont let us in. Like thats not important?
They also simmer dogs and cats alive to "enhance the taste". Bunch of backwards people.

The head of the CDC and now Bill Gates are saying that we're still 18 months aways from a vaccine. Some want to lean on Gates as a pandemic authority so I included him. The idea that we can't get a vaccine developed, sufficiently tested and administered to if nothing else healthy nursing home employees and medical staffers is just ludicrous. For God's sake, use medical professionals as your test subjects and you'll have an actual viral challenge done. There is virtually ZERO risk to test subjects by giving them a subunit vaccine and you'll have you're answer of whether it works or not in a matter of a few months instead of a year and a half. The FDA's protocols for testing make NO sense in this situation. They can turn out thousands of doses of an experimental vaccine I believe in a matter of a few weeks.

The head of the CDC and now Bill Gates are saying that we're still 18 months aways from a vaccine. Some want to lean on Gates as a pandemic authority so I included him. The idea that we can't get a vaccine developed, sufficiently tested and administered to if nothing else healthy nursing home employees and medical staffers is just ludicrous. For God's sake, use medical professionals as your test subjects and you'll have an actual viral challenge done. There is virtually ZERO risk to test subjects by giving them a subunit vaccine and you'll have you're answer of whether it works or not in a matter of a few months instead of a year and a half. The FDA's protocols for testing make NO sense in this situation. They can turn out thousands of doses of an experimental vaccine I believe in a matter of a few weeks.
Do you think there will be antibody tests to see if ones have already recovered from the virus? There is a good chance that many people have already had it, developed antibodies, and aren't shedding it anymore. They wouldn't test positive for the virus, which would be a little misleading.

That was a fairly weak effort - what you did here does nothing to explain why a reference to "Chinese" would incite violence against "Asians." Take your time.

Bump for Jib. You sure are taking your time on this one. Any response from you, our resident white, imperialistic, stereotyping, insensitive, prejudiced leader?

Some people are already blinded by the amount of redtape already cut out of they way, maybe this is where they try to make their stand?
I'm thinking theres convicts to add to that list as well.

That was a fairly weak effort - what you did here does nothing to explain why a reference to "Chinese" would incite violence against "Asians." Take your time.

are you really stupid enough to think that the idiots perpetrating this violence are going to take the time to interview their potential targets as to their country of origin (for many it is the US) or perhaps map out their family tree prior to slinging racial slurs or simply punching them in the face?

again are you really that dense?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/20/us/coronavirus-racist-attacks-against-asian-americans/index.html

Last edited:
Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
are you really stupid enough to think that the idiots perpetrating this violence are going to take the time to interview their potential targets as to their country of origin (for many it is the US) or perhaps map out their family tree prior to slinging racial slurs or simply punching them in the face?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/20/us/coronavirus-racist-attacks-against-asian-americans/index.html
Dont tell me, haven't read your link, just a hunch, did this happen in LA,NY, or chicago?
Or maybe seattle? Maybe even portland or SF?

Vaccine. Yes. That takes time but I think they (research companies) are charging as hard as they can. I feel we're going to have treatment much sooner.

Wow you guys seeing the number coming out of Italy so far today. This thing is running wild there. 15,000+ infected and 600+ dead today alone.
*Update. Must have been a typo on the website I was looking at, at 5,000 now.

Last edited:
Do you think there will be antibody tests to see if ones have already recovered from the virus? There is a good chance that many people have already had it, developed antibodies, and aren't shedding it anymore. They wouldn't test positive for the virus, which would be a little misleading.
I don't know. They've been talking about collecting plasma from recovered patients and some of that may already be going on. I don't think they'll spend the time, money or resources right now to do serological surveys of the general public to determine if we have a bunch of virus negative antibody positive people walking around or not. I suspect that we're too early in the disease course to make that worthwhile. I don't know how many people the plasma/antibodies from each recovered known infected person could treat either.

I don't know. They've been talking about collecting plasma from recovered patients and some of that may already be going on. I don't think they'll spend the time, money or resources right now to do serological surveys of the general public to determine if we have a bunch of virus negative antibody positive people walking around or not. I suspect that we're too early in the disease course to make that worthwhile. I don't know how many people the plasma/antibodies from each recovered known infected person could treat either.
Saw last night an epidemiologist say he doubts this will be like chicken pox where once you get it you develop a life long immunity. Said more likely it will be like the flu. You will build an immunity for 6-12 months.

Since you don’t want to answer, based on this response, I can assume that you think all “Asians” look the same, which is why you equated the word with “Chinese.” You think all Asians look Chinese? I’m sure that’s not offensive at all to Asians, especially those who aren’t from China. Talk about dense. And you think what Trump said is deplorable? You and those attacking these people seem to have quite a bit in common.

I wished CNN cared as much about violence against people who had, and still have, the gall to for for a certain somebody (think of people who's only "crime" was to wear a red hat). That'd be sweet.

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz
When looking at S Korea and china and "active cases" its looking like after the numbers go past 500 it takes around 30 days for the virus to peak, level out, and start trending down. If it hold true Italy should start trending down in the next 7 days or so. Which looking at their numbers seems hard to believe. The US around April 8th.

When looking at S Korea and china and "active cases" its looking like after the numbers go past 500 it takes around 30 days for the virus to peak, level out, and start trending down. If it hold true Italy should start trending down in the next 7 days or so. Which looking at their numbers seems hard to believe. The US around April 8th.
Honestly, it’s a pretty crappy comparison to make. The approaches that Korea and Italy have taken are far different. America got off to a slow start and is now trying to play “catch-up” with Korea’s approach. But there are a lot of obstacles standing in our way

I bet you anything that insurance companies will MANDATE, if there's a vaccine such as a flu shot type, that if you want our coverage you will get the shot.

I bet you anything that insurance companies will MANDATE, if there's a vaccine such as a flu shot type, that if you want our coverage you will get the shot.

Rewriting tens of millions of policies is no small task. Plus, you'll have peoole fight it as invasikn of privacy, etc. Perhaps you're right and i'm all for it, but that is a huge undertaking.

Rewriting tens of millions of policies is no small task. Plus, you'll have peoole fight it as invasikn of privacy, etc. Perhaps you're right and i'm all for it, but that is a huge undertaking.
Insurance companies already do it to a degree. If you don't meet certain criteria, and these are usually companies that have wellness plans, then you don't fit in the box and must pay higher premium. Same way with smoking. I can see them saying IF you don't get flu shot and IF there is a vaccine for whatever you want to label this thing, than you will pay a higher premium. Most insurance companies give you free flu shots. Trying to keep you healthy because in the long run it pays dividends.

Honestly, it’s a pretty crappy comparison to make. The approaches that Korea and Italy have taken are far different. America got off to a slow start and is now trying to play “catch-up” with Korea’s approach. But there are a lot of obstacles standing in our way
Agree they both took vastly different approaches. However,considering China and South Korea are the only countries on the down curve. Its the only comparison anyone can make. The approach China took will not be taken by many other countries. The approach Italy took will not be taken by many other countries. Guessing South Korea will be the general blueprint to follow and they managed to still hit the same 30 day mark as China did. It will be interesting if that 30 day mark will hold true for other countries as well.

Insurance companies already do it to a degree. If you don't meet certain criteria, and these are usually companies that have wellness plans, then you don't fit in the box and must pay higher premium. Same way with smoking. I can see them saying IF you don't get flu shot and IF there is a vaccine for whatever you want to label this thing, than you will pay a higher premium. Most insurance companies give you free flu shots. Trying to keep you healthy because in the long run it pays dividends.
I will bet money after this all dies down, you will be forced to get you and your children vaccinated against FLU, Corona, and whatever other thing they deem necessary. No it won't be against the law. Yes you can get insurance. You will pay heavily if you choose to not play along.

Reactions: huskerfan66
I wished CNN cared as much about violence against people who had, and still have, the gall to for for a certain somebody (think of people who's only "crime" was to wear a red hat). That'd be sweet.

Those people (the ones inciting violence against against those in red hats) are equally reprehensible.

Not sure why one shitty act should be used to justify another.

Reactions: jrhuskerdad
Those people (the ones inciting violence against against those in red hats) are equally reprehensible.

Not sure why one shitty act should be used to justify another.

Wasn't justifying it, at all, but one of those acts have been going for over three years, the other is a few weeks old, yet for some reason most media just never seems to find the time to talk about it. Weird.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Those statements embolden idiots around the world to incite violence against Asians. I’m sorry but equating the name of a Chinese dish at a restaurant and assigning an ethnic origin to a virus that is going to kill millions is way off base

It is shameful that the president would refer to this as the Chinese virus - reprehensible.
By all means let's just pretend CNN and liberals weren't calling it "the wuhan virus" and "China's coronavirus" around the clock for months... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

RollingLaughRollingLaugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT