ADVERTISEMENT

Could you imagine.....

When 3 out of 4 teams in the playoffs are featuring transferred in QBs, I think it’s safe to say that Free agency has made its ugly way into college football.

I get hating your coaches but use to be guys played hard and great in spite of their coaches and they battled thru it as a team. Players need to remember they have a great deal to do with how a team performs. Seems like kids aren’t doing that now or days. They want to place blame and run away vs fighting the issue. 18 is too many kids transferring. If those 18 rose up on the field, they could try to be a good team.

Reactions: TheNewNU
Wait till this combines with players getting paid. Bye bye college football
The only thing that really matters is that the best 18-22 year olds are still forced to go to college to play football. As long as that happens we will still have a college game that is vibrant. The pay to play is small potatoes...hell how many NFL players in the major cities are even up on billboards...a few...less than 20 in the whole league are really "personalities". This isn't the NBA, you get 15 minutes a week with each star player, and they wear a helmet...and they will be gone in two years. I mean SUH and Ameer are the only two huskers in the last 15 years to even be marketed in Lincoln. I imagine the recruiting pitches might be different...look if you come to lincoln we can guarantee 1.7 million jersey sales and you'll make 3 cents on each sale...you know Iowa is only offering you 2 cents per 1 million.

The TP has created a free agency world, coupled with a bunch of whining pos’s is not good for NCAA.
It really hurting basketball and football will become way worse because it will turn into free agency and the bag man with the most cash will win. Cough cough the sec

Wait till this combines with players getting paid. Bye bye college football
we've already seen this with college hoops. not one single person watches march madness anymore. it's really sad.

I know, right?? ncaa hoops all of a sudden becoming the minor leagues for the NBA killed amateur basketball. now not one single person watches march madness. not surprising since everyone saw it coming.

o, wait.............

When 3 out of 4 teams in the playoffs are featuring transferred in QBs, I think it’s safe to say that Free agency has made its ugly way into college football.

I get hating your coaches but use to be guys played hard and great in spite of their coaches and they battled thru it as a team. Players need to remember they have a great deal to do with how a team performs. Seems like kids aren’t doing that now or days. They want to place blame and run away vs fighting the issue. 18 is too many kids transferring. If those 18 rose up on the field, they could try to be a good team.

I don't know about this, I know we like to do the old "back in my day" routine...but kids are pretty much the same now as they were back then. If anything, their parents might be in their ear saying "Well, if you don't like it there, you should leave" instead of the old "You are not leaving!"...I really think it is more of a parent thing.

The transfer portal might need to include auction (think eBay) functionality pretty soon.

"Up for bid:. One slightly used, moderately butthurt QB. Former 4 star, holder of multiple state records. 3 years eligibility remaining, no redshirt. Starting bid and buy-it-now price listed below. Serious inquiries only. No reserve. Available for spring term. If winning bid is over $200,000, shipping will be free and a 2* receiver (my roommate) will be included for no additional charge"

Last edited:
i support anyone being able to work whenever they want - go pro - but im a little perplexed with this new found 'free agency' in college sports.
maybe there's some adjustments to be worked out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT